Tyrod Taylor visiting the Bills--edit signed per Rex

I love hindsight...

Tyrod seems a little too conceded for my taste. I agree he can scramble & run but Tuel is a better pocket passer & team player. - IMO

Tuel is a better Passer!!!!!

This would be a great move to replace Tuel.

...and then some

This is a nice thing for me to see this morning! And I wouldn't relegate Tyrod to Tuel status just yet...

This man...he gets it....

If it's to replace Tuel it's awesome. If it's to replace EJ, which I doubt, it's harebrained. Unless they keep EJ, give him an equal chance, and the Tyrod just beats him out.

not so harebrained any more is it?

Whats the worst that can happen?

CBF

...he wins the starting job and leads the Bills to the playoffs...

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not so harebrained any more is it?

What I said was exactly what happened.

And it was in response to Leroi's suggestion that we sign Jake Locker and cut EJ. So the idea of cutting EJ and only having Jake Locker and an unproven Taylor was harebrained.

Then I said its awesome if it's to replace Tuel and then keep EJ and let Taylor and EJ fight it out and is Taylor wins.

Seems like many have changed thinking that Tyrod not worth bring in

I would of bet the farm saying TT would not be the starting QB back when this thread started.

But there is no denying it by watching him play. He sees the field well he throws the ball well and he is a dual threat to boot.

I've been extremely impressed with how good TT really is. we may have found that diamond

Edited by Snorom

There is value in a guy sitting behind a vet and just learning the position without the pressure of performing perfectly out of the box. That should have been EJ's path. Gotta give the Ravens credit for making TT the player he's become.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

There is value in a guy sitting behind a vet and just learning the position without the pressure of performing perfectly out of the box. That should have been EJ's path. Gotta give the Ravens credit for making TT the player he's become.

There was a discussion on this over the offseason.......

- Franchise QBs are so hard to find....

- Unless you are an absolutely aweful team you dont get close to the most "talented" qbs in the draft

- If a team has a QB in this group they NEVER let them get away

- QBs that come into the league nowadays are simply not ready to be franchise QBs.....

So what do you do? How do you find one? Its not like there is a tree to go pick one off of.....you can have all the money in the world but you cant buy one if another NFL team wont let him get away

You do what the bills did.......they let Tyrod Taylor simmer on the Ravens stove as they slow cooked him......then when the time was right they picked him up.

Tyrod Taylor has been in the NFL staving off backup qb competiton on the ravens for FOUR YEARS......enough time to work on whatever deficiencies he had in college......enough time to let him go through 3 NFL training camps and preseason......3 seasons of running NFL scout teams......

Basically....on the job training.

- Unless you are an absolutely aweful team you dont get close to the most "talented" qbs in the draft

- QBs that come into the league nowadays are simply not ready to be franchise QBs.....

So what do you do? How do you find one? Its not like there is a tree to go pick one off of.....you can have all the money in the world but you cant buy one if another NFL team wont let him get away

You do what the bills did.......they let Tyrod Taylor simmer on the Ravens stove as they slow cooked him......then when the time was right they picked him up.

Tyrod Taylor has been in the NFL staving off backup qb competiton on the ravens for FOUR YEARS......enough time to work on whatever deficiencies he had in college......enough time to let him go through 3 NFL training camps and preseason......3 seasons of running NFL scout teams......

I agree that most college QBs, no matter how vaunted, are not NFL ready. Yet fans want perfect performance from the first OTA. I think that impatience has created the utter lack of quality QBs in the league.

And not just against any defense. Tyrod was running against Ray Lewis, Terrell Suggs, Ed Reed, Haloti Ngata, Bernard Pollard, Elvis Dumervil, Cary Williams, Paul Kruger, etc.

Purely based upon draft history, if TT becomes a franchise caliber QB, the Bills will be extraordinarily lucky. It virtually never happens that a low round drafted QB becomes good....even with years of learning as a backup. Luckily "virtually never" is not "never" and TT has shown(IMO) that he has a very good chance to buck those odds.

Purely based upon draft history, if TT becomes a franchise caliber QB, the Bills will be extraordinarily lucky. It virtually never happens that a low round drafted QB becomes good....even with years of learning as a backup. Luckily "virtually never" is not "never" and TT has shown(IMO) that he has a very good chance to buck those odds.

Very true, the 2 current ones that come to mind are Brady and Romo. Odds are not great, but it has happened!

Very true, the 2 current ones that come to mind are Brady and Romo. Odds are not great, but it has happened!

Romo wasn't drafted so he doesn't get factored in. There have been more successful undrafted QBs(Warner, Romo) than late round drafted ones(Brady) in the last few decades.

I guess, I tend to lump them as Top 5 Pick, 1st rounder, Rounds 2-4, Round 5+

After looking a fair bit at the numbers, I tend to have 4 categories. #1 overall, #2-#36, #37-rest of draft, and undrafted(which are really impossible to factor).

Edited by Dibs