WR Percy Harvin's first visit is with Bills

Punch

1 year $1.5M deal

That works for me

CBF

If Harvin wants anything more than a 1 year prove it deal for 1.5-2 million he can find another team. Getting Clay locked up and trying to secure a guard are much more pressing needs. Adding a often injured but possibly dynamic gadget player isn't something I would put significant money towards.

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eddie Royal signed a 3 yr/$15 mil deal with Chicago.

I'd have to believe Percy wants something at least $ 5 mil a year.

Just get Percy, Clay and Spikes done. The FA pool for players of the impact they can have is drying up. Sign those 3 and start bargain basement shopping, we whiffed on the O-Line but have young players who might improve and can add another piece in the draft.

He can want that but that doesnt mean he will get it

CBF

If Harvin wants anything more than a 1 year prove it deal for 1.5-2 million he can find another team. Getting Clay locked up and trying to secure a guard are much more pressing needs. Adding a often injured but possibly dynamic gadget player isn't something I would put significant money towards.

your looking for a 1 year deal for 10% of his previous annual salary? its just not real, i dont think. has that happened to anyone (short of doing a year in jail)? Edited by NoSaint

your looking for a 1 year deal for 10% of his previous annual salary? its just not real. has that happened to anyone (short of doing a year in jail)

I would go 3 years, $20M with $7M guaranteed and $8M of it in the last year. If it doesn't work out you can wash your hands after year 2 with no penalty. If it does work out you have a dynamic player at $8M.

If we signed Clay and Harvin today it would be huge!! I would then turn around and trade that 3rd to Chip for Mathis and we are rolling!!

That would be a perfect offseason.

I dont think I have ever said the Bills did everything right (realistically) but this would be the first time I could say it

CBF

If we signed Clay and Harvin today it would be huge!! I would then turn around and trade that 3rd to Chip for Mathis and we are rolling!!

just give them Goodwin and call it a day

I would go 3 years, $20M with $7M guaranteed and $8M of it in the last year. If it doesn't work out you can wash your hands after year 2 with no penalty. If it does work out you have a dynamic player at $8M.

For Harvin?

very similar concept to what im saying it sounds like. essentially just a team option tagged on the back that would pay him like an elite role player.

really, i think you see him get in those top role player dollars still (11m was just stupid money for him - thats elite cornerstone player money) - just nothing past 1, maybe 2 years as a team commitment. The "prove it" or "incentives" a lot of the board is talking about being getting real money from a 2nd/3rd year, and next contract - not playing for free now.

i also think thats the type of offer that might leave him thinking hard (your 3 year version) if hes only seeing the 1 year options at the next stops.

Edited by NoSaint

2 yr, 10 mil

He does not have off field issues. One arrest, DUI in Sea, which was cleared.

Forced his way out of Minnesota, because he wanted a raise, which based on his play, he was due. Didn't get along with some teammates in Sea, namely Golden Tate and Russell Wilson, who by all accounts appear to be a giant douchebags, moreso Tate than Wilson. Other teammates, like Lynch, had no problem with him.

He has an aggressive personality, sure, but it's not like he's an off the field problem guy.

Jerry Hughes got in arguments with coaches last year and was street racing with Dareus and we just gave him $40 mil.

I agree.

Give him a deal where we take all the risk in year 1 with upfront money, but where he has the ability to make fair value down the road.

2 yr, 10 mil

He does not have off field issues. One arrest, DUI in Sea, which was cleared.

Forced his way out of Minnesota, because he wanted a raise, which based on his play, he was due. Didn't get along with some teammates in Sea, namely Golden Tate and Russell Wilson, who by all accounts appear to be a giant douchebags, moreso Tate than Wilson. Other teammates, like Lynch, had no problem with him.

He has an aggressive personality, sure, but it's not like he's an off the field problem guy.

Jerry Hughes got in arguments with coaches last year and was street racing with Dareus and we just gave him $40 mil.

I'm okay with the signing but you might want to do some homework on the guy. He had major problems in high school, college and the nfl. They dont always have to be "off field" problems. The dude is one of the most talented athletes on the planet and if teams didn't think was an idiot he would've been the first player signed in FA.

Yes

I'd be shocked if he received that. I could be wrong. I'm guessing he is being offered a one year deal in the $5M a year range, 2 years tops with $6m per year guaranteed with performance bonuses that could reach up to $12M total. I would have to believe if you asked 10 random GM's what they believe his worth is (not could be) they'd say no more than $5M per year. Of course, all it takes is one team to value him higher.

Edited by Magox