Stephen A.Smith suggests racism in Chip Kelly's roster move

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure there are plenty of people in Philly just as dumb or even dumber than Smith, but how does that make losing two black players and a white player while picking up 2 black players, a latino, and extending another latino racism?

Again, it looks bad that they re-signed Cooper.

Kelly most likely isn't a racist. But if you were a black player, you might have a problem with some of the moves. Since the majority of this board is not black NFL players, I'm not shocked that people disagree.

Kelly most likely isn't a racist. But if you were a black player, you might have a problem with some of the moves. Since the majority of this board is not black NFL players, I'm not shocked that people disagree.

Kelly would gladly resign Maclin for the numbers that Cooper signed up for.

Whether or not it "looks bad" to idiots and whether or not it is actually bad are two entirely different things. Of course it "looks bad" to idiots. They're idiots.

I agree with you 100% and there are other factors here.

IMO, they should have never re-signed Cooper.

Because he was caught saying the n-word on camera once?

You honestly think Smith is the only one in Philly who feels like this?

I don't care how many people in Philly feel like that, it doesn't make it a legitimate issue - and there is nothing in the moves that Chip Kelly has made that warrants the accusation. I am not a Chip Kelly fan. I think he is over-rated as a coach and in way over his head as a "personnel" man. However, he has never conducted himself in any way that justifies even the hint that he is racist.

Yeah like Poojer, I live in the area and have heard no local response of the sort.

That isn't to say that people aren't a little mystified. DJAX was cut for nothing but dead money on the cap after a Pro Bowl year, Shady was a fan favorite and Maclin had a great year, and was their last really good receiver. Chip truly trusts his system, and the idea seems to be that he considers himself General Patton in regards to personnel, the system and play calling. If you stray, or talk or don't buy in, you are replaceable.

I am curious to see how it works.

I don't care how many people in Philly feel like that, it doesn't make it a legitimate issue - and there is nothing in the moves that Chip Kelly has made that warrants the accusation. I am not a Chip Kelly fan. I think he is over-rated as a coach and in way over his head as a "personnel" man. However, he has never conducted himself in any way that justifies even the hint that he is racist.

Riley Cooper.

Again, he probably isn't a racist. But to a black player on the team, it might look bad.

I'm shocked that this diverse board doesn't see it that way. :)

Apparently just said on his radio show he refuses to apologize for comments & stands by them. Claims he wasn't making it race issue

But said-

Chip Kelly's Decisions Have Left "A few brothers feeling uncomfortable"

just the majority worried about the minorities taking over

Riley Cooper.

Again, he probably isn't a racist. But to a black player on the team, it might look bad.

I'm shocked that this diverse board doesn't see it that way. :)

Again, this diverse board perfectly understands the argument.

What you don't understand is that it's a totally bogus argument, and by giving national airtime to a bogus argument Smith perpetuates the flawed rationale that this is race related, as opposed to business related.

Correlation does not equal causation.

What you don't understand is that it's a totally bogus argument, and by giving national airtime to a bogus argument Smith perpetuates the flawed rationale that this is race related, as opposed to business related.

If it doesn't stick after this explanation, I'm not sure what we can reasonably hope for.

you are racist for using a word that is similar to Caucasian