Good GM moves vs. Better GM moves.

Kiko for McCoy gets the Bills an excellent 26 year old running back with a 40 million contract, This seems like a good GM move.

but a better GM move would have been drafting Lev'on Bell in the second round instead of Kiko in the first place. This would give the Bills an excellent 23 year old running back with a 4 million contract, and lots more cap space for other players.

In truth in the 6 years Whaley has been with the organization the Bills have added four outstanding players. Mario Williams, whom they made the highest paid defensive player in the league. Marcell Dareus with the #3 overall pick in a draft where 9 of the top 15 players (including the first 7 picks) have all been outstanding players. Sammy Watkins, who used 2 #1 picks (and maybe missed on true franchise QBs in Teddy Bridgewater and Derek Carr). Lesean McCoy at a position that only that saw only 1 of the top 8 players at the position make the playoffs last year. (they already had the ninth highest paid in Spiller.

It really doesn't take incredible talent to overpay for top assets. The investment in draft picks and money in these four players, if the Bills don't make a deep playoff run in 2015, it should be considered a failure by the Bills front office, led by GM Whaley.

That is one way to look at it. I also dont get this trade; I will be curious to see what Murry gets in FA. Why not wait, and see if you can land him fr the same contract you just gave McCoy? If you can, then keep or trade Kiko for someone else. Or if you cant, trade him for McCoy then.

That is one way to look at it. I also dont get this trade; I will be curious to see what Murry gets in FA. Why not wait, and see if you can land him fr the same contract you just gave McCoy? If you can, then keep or trade Kiko for someone else. Or if you cant, trade him for McCoy then.

Why wait and lose out if you were going to get rid of Kiko antway? This way the Bills got one of the best RBs in the league (better then Murray)

Edited by Beef Jerky

We drafted Kiko because we already had Fred and CJ, and needed LB help immediately. If we had drafted another RB, the fan base would have rioted.

Making decisions because the fan base would riot, is just being a bad GM The Bills have a real history of making one bad decision lead to other lost opportunities. The latest being locking so hard into the Manuel decision that they didn't take Bridgewater or Carr in 2014.

Making decisions because the fan base would riot, is just being a bad GM The Bills have a real history of making one bad decision lead to other lost opportunities. The latest being locking so hard into the Manuel decision that they didn't take Bridgewater or Carr in 2014.

... They were so locked into Manuel... they started Orton for 3 quarters of the year. Your logic is stretching the limits of reality with this thread. You're getting the Bills both ways, for when they do something good and when they screw up.

And, in case you've forgotten: This is the FIRST off-season with the new ownership group... and UFA hasn't even started yet.

chicken-little1.jpg

Trading Shep for Hughes....great GM move. Signing cheap free agents (Lawson, Spikes) to compliment drafted talent (Brown, Dareus, Williams, Kiko) late in free agency when the prices have dropped...great GM move. Not over paying for a safety and re-upping the talented one on the roster to take his place...great move.

To me Whaley is 60/40 good moved to bad moves. Some of the moves and decisions have been great and worked out, giving us a top defense. But he has whiffed hard on offense with Manuel, over paying for Watkins, not addressing O line and TE. Maybe we need another GM to focus on the offensive side of the ball.

Trading Shep for Hughes....great GM move. Signing cheap free agents (Lawson, Spikes) to compliment drafted talent (Brown, Dareus, Williams, Kiko) late in free agency when the prices have dropped...great GM move. Not over paying for a safety and re-upping the talented one on the roster to take his place...great move.

To me Whaley is 60/40 good moved to bad moves. Some of the moves and decisions have been great and worked out, giving us a top defense. But he has whiffed hard on offense with Manuel, over paying for Watkins, not addressing O line and TE. Maybe we need another GM to focus on the offensive side of the ball.

Manuel pick has Buddy written all over it. Get real

Manuel pick has Buddy written all over it. Get real

Nobody knows for sure who picked him but I'm sure Whaley had some say in the matter. Doesn't really change things that he has missed badly on the offensive side of that ball. I like him as a GM and think you can do a lot worse.

Nobody knows for sure who picked him but I'm sure Whaley had some say in the matter. Doesn't really change things that he has missed badly on the offensive side of that ball. I like him as a GM and think you can do a lot worse.

Nix said it himself Manuel was his last big pick.

I'm saying it more to point out that some people, like yourself, won't be happy either way. Especially when looking back on it from years in the future.

Also, by saying the franchise has a history of bad moves, you're kind of indicting Whaley for things that happened before he was in charge, which is just a terrible argument.

I'm saying it more to point out that some people, like yourself, won't be happy either way. Especially when looking back on it from years in the future.

Also, by saying the franchise has a history of bad moves, you're kind of indicting Whaley for things that happened before he was in charge, which is just a terrible argument.

Right -on.

Kiko for McCoy gets the Bills an excellent 26 year old running back with a 40 million contract, This seems like a good GM move.

but a better GM move would have been drafting Lev'on Bell in the second round instead of Kiko in the first place. This would give the Bills an excellent 23 year old running back with a 4 million contract, and lots more cap space for other players.

In truth in the 6 years Whaley has been with the organization the Bills have added four outstanding players. Mario Williams, whom they made the highest paid defensive player in the league. Marcell Dareus with the #3 overall pick in a draft where 9 of the top 15 players (including the first 7 picks) have all been outstanding players. Sammy Watkins, who used 2 #1 picks (and maybe missed on true franchise QBs in Teddy Bridgewater and Derek Carr). Lesean McCoy at a position that only that saw only 1 of the top 8 players at the position make the playoffs last year. (they already had the ninth highest paid in Spiller.

It really doesn't take incredible talent to overpay for top assets. The investment in draft picks and money in these four players, if the Bills don't make a deep playoff run in 2015, it should be considered a failure by the Bills front office, led by GM Whaley.

This analysis is a fail on several levels, not to mention the fact you state your opinions as if they were fact.