Bilal Powell RB Jets- Leaning towards Buff

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dixon didn't get retained when Roman was his OC in Frisco and Brown didn't show me he was that great last season. I just hope Freddy can hang with the team. I think his leadership should not be undervalued and of course he can block and is still a very good receiver out of the backfield.

Why should it not be undervalued? I'm dying to know why his leadership is so important. Does everybody quit if Fred isn't there to motivate them? What actually changes if his "leadership" goes away?

He's a 34 year old back at a young mans position. He's had great moments for the Bills and is a gamer in every sense, but he's old and not as effective as he used to be. Happens to every player, even great guys like Fred. I wouldn't be surprised if he's not back in 2015. New HC, new team.

That`s what I`ve been preaching. IT`s a business Saves us 2.7 million for a dime a dozen old back.

Why should it not be undervalued? I'm dying to know why his leadership is so important. Does everybody quit if Fred isn't there to motivate them? What actually changes if his "leadership" goes away?

If you've ever played the game and been unfortunate enough to be on a team without veteran leadership, you'd know the answer to that question. Chemistry is overblown in professional team sports, leadership is not.

If you've ever played the game and been unfortunate enough to be on a team without veteran leadership, you'd know the answer to that question. Chemistry is overblown in professional team sports, leadership is not.

Chemistry and leadership are huge assets. Having a team of allstars doesn't mean a whole lot if you can't mix the ingredients right.

Why should it not be undervalued? I'm dying to know why his leadership is so important. Does everybody quit if Fred isn't there to motivate them? What actually changes if his "leadership" goes away.

Did you hear CJ Spiller talk about EJ and how the team didn't respond to him because he lacked the ability to get in guys faces and be tough when he needed to be tough? Fred is the type of guy that is not afraid to speak his mind. Teammates respect him and this not only carries on the field but in the film room and practice field. He also is the type of player that others look up to because he puts the work in and gives it everything he's got even during the tough times. I have been a coach for 21 years and believe me these types of players are vital to have on every roster. Teams need leaders or else why ever elect captains. Fred often spoke to the coach when the team needed issues addressed and this what publicly noted. Besides his leadership he is also still a productive player. They guy makes something out of nothing every time he runs it seems. He had 66 catches last year and he is a solid blocker. I will agree it looked like he lost a step but I know he played the season injured and I am hoping for more of a bounce in his step this season. I am not ready to give up on him yet and I hope the Bills feel the same way.

Did you hear CJ Spiller talk about EJ and how the team didn't respond to him because he lacked the ability to get in guys faces and be tough when he needed to be tough? Fred is the type of guy that is not afraid to speak his mind. Teammates respect him and this not only carries on the field but in the film room and practice field. He also is the type of player that others look up to because he puts the work in and gives it everything he's got even during the tough times. I have been a coach for 21 years and believe me these types of players are vital to have on every roster. Teams need leaders or else why ever elect captains. Fred often spoke to the coach when the team needed issues addressed and this what publicly noted. Besides his leadership he is also still a productive player. They guy makes something out of nothing every time he runs it seems. He had 66 catches last year and he is a solid blocker. I will agree it looked like he lost a step but I know he played the season injured and I am hoping for more of a bounce in his step this season. I am not ready to give up on him yet and I hope the Bills feel the same way.

Stick a fork in em. He`s done. 2.7 million for a CHEERLEADER ? Rah,Rah.

Look....I love Freddy! I love everything about him!

But I also want to start winning games! If Powell can help the team achieve that by cutting Freddy, so be it! I do think Brown has more to offer then you think! But it wouldn't shock me if he's the one cut!

One things for sure if Powell comes, one of them are gone!

not sure about the !!!!!

Until I see signs of Freddie showing down, I will continue to give him the benefit of the doubt as a contributor, regardless of his age. I think he's a perfect compliment to McCoy with how they run the ball.

Plus, what everyone else said about him being a captain

F'in damnit 😡. WTF! Why are we infesting are franchise with losers from the F$&@^%& Jets?!?!?! I don't want any jets on our team. None, I didn't really want Rex to be honest with you or his loser assistants. If the problem in NY was that the GM wasn't giving Rex talent then Why are we trying to get these loser players on our team????! We HAD a good young nucleus and our first .500+ record in 10 years. Rex better forget about bringing any jets here. I don't want Powell. I would rather take losers from the Jags or Bucs than losers from the Jets.

Edited by SJDK

This thread is killing me.

http://www.elearnenglishlanguage.com/blog/english-mistakes/than-vs-then/

Than vs Then

The English words than and then look and sound a lot alike, but they are completely different. If this distinction is harder than it should be, read this lesson and then try again.

Than

Than is a conjunction used in comparisons:

Tom is smarter than Bill.

This is more important than you might think.

Is she taller than you?

Yes, she is taller than I.

Technically, you should use the subject pronoun after than (e.g., I), as opposed to the object pronoun (me). However, English speakers commonly use the object pronoun.

Then

Then has numerous meanings.

1. At that point in time

I wasnt ready then.

Will you be home at noon? Ill call you then.

2. Next, afterward

I went to the store, and then to the bank

Do your homework and then go to bed

3. In addition, also, on top of that

He told me he was leaving, and then that I owed him money

It cost $5,000, and then theres tax too

4. In that case, therefore (often with "if")

If you want to go, then youll have to finish your homework.

Im hungry!

Then you should eat.

The writing is in the wall for our old friend Freddy J....

Imo

I hope these are just your opinions and not the Bills thought process. Cutting EJ for Cassel and whatever scrub journeyman without being to compete for the job and F Jax are stupid moves. It will go to show how completey clueless Ryan is about offense.

I pray he isn't that dumb.