Bilal Powell RB Jets- Leaning towards Buff

I saw him run into an end zone without the football...

it was knocked away. He has 1 fumble in 2 years.

He's still a really good receiver and he is one of the main leaders on the team. With an idiot like RI, you need leaders.

Cutting Jackson would be a terrible move for team chemistry.

i agree with all of this. But I could see it happening.

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, when did vereen become a plan b to Powell?

Id imagine it depends on Powells numbers- if he's league minimum range that might be a factor. I have no concept of his price as I've not considered him in the slightest though.

It may be time to move on from FJ. Watching him last year was painful. He has lost at least a step and probably more. Loved him his whole career here, but at some point it is just time to move on. I wouldn't be disappointed keeping him as a luxury and as a leader for the young guys, but he adds less value each year as a viable RB. I know it sucks, but we all get old.

It may be time to move on from FJ. Watching him last year was painful. He has lost at least a step and probably more. Loved him his whole career here, but at some point it is just time to move on. I wouldn't be disappointed keeping him as a luxury and as a leader for the young guys, but he adds less value each year as a viable RB. I know it sucks, but we all get old.

I agree. It's not fun, but I think Powell is better at this point and will probably cost less.

FJ will be a fine rotational back. Can't carry the rock full-time anymore, ut can give you big gains when you need them - great patient runner with excellent vision and a great blocker...

I'd keep him over Brown or Dixon....

Powell sucks...

Please please please cut fred. I can't wait to get rid of him. He brings nothing to the table. His leadership is so far overblown that it's quite ridiculous. Maybe if we have made the playoffs with him, I would think differently.

Powell can lean as much as he wants but unless the Bills want him all this leaning will be for nothing. Bills don't want him though so he should just stay with the Jets.

Please please please cut fred. I can't wait to get rid of him. He brings nothing to the table. His leadership is so far overblown that it's quite ridiculous. Maybe if we have made the playoffs with him, I would think differently.

Go back to rooting for the Bucs.

FJ will be a fine rotational back. Can't carry the rock full-time anymore, ut can give you big gains when you need them - great patient runner with excellent vision and a great blocker...

I'd keep him over Brown or Dixon....

Powell sucks...

That's crazy. He is basically ready to retire and you would keep him over other guys that have more potential. I'm glad you aren't running the team.

That's crazy. He is basically ready to retire and you would keep him over other guys that have more potential. I'm glad you aren't running the team.

I'm glad you're not a Bills fan - go back to the Bucs boards...

If and when the time comes to release Fred it will be a sad and somber day. I consider him to be a great leader and a huge Buffalo Booster.

Unless he's unhappy, Brown would be the one RB I would not cut. If LeSean were to ever get hurt, Bryce is the only guy out of the three capable of handling the workload and being a decent to good starting RB. Dixon is a quality special teams player but he's never been that good a runner of the football. Fred at this point in his career is probably limited to 3rd down duty. More than that I wouldn't expect him to stay healthy. That small role could be useful although he's not essential.

I don't think there's a need to cut any of the three unless we sign/draft a replacement, which isn't really a need.

Edited by earthtobrint

If and when the time comes to release Fred it will be a sad and somber day. I consider him to be a great leader and a huge Buffalo Booster.

Do you have a good example of his great leadership? I just don't see what everyone else sees. Preferably something that involved a lot of winning.