What does the front 7 look like?

Proteus

Kiko is gone and Hughes is a question mark. So what is the new front 7 going to look like?

Right now in the base 3-4 we got Dareus, Williams and a question mark on the line. Brown and Bradham are in the middle, with Williams and as it stands Lawson on the outside.

What do you guys think? Will we resign Hughes? Maybe address this in free agency or the draft? Do we go with what we got? Just curious what everyone thinks.

Rumors swirling that Rex wants to bring David Harris in.

Where does he fit in? Do you see Bradham playing on the outside?

As it stands now I see Dareus, WIlliams and Williams on the line, Brown and Spikes/Harris inside, Bradham and Lawson outside

I think if that is the case, we should definitely be trying to add another pass rushing OLB in free agency.

I think if that is the case, we should definitely be trying to add another pass rushing OLB in free agency.

I think the top needs are OG, TE, DE/OLB, SS. Of those 4 DE/OLB and TE are the most likely to see success with young players, and DE/OLB is most likely from this draft class. I'd like to see us grab a nice Guard and some sort of red zone threat in FA and draft a pass rusher

In a base nickel look (ie 50% of snaps) for

Mario- kyle- dareus

Bradham - harris - brown

With the back 5 being Gilmore mckelvin graham williams and williams....

Lawson getting a lot of rotational time at lb too

Why some people can't understand Mario is the 3rd down lineman is beyond me. I know he may be asked to come off the line sparingly but no more than he did in a 4-3.

There is also a lot of misunderstanding that 3-4 indicates 3 down lineman. While it can be, the 3-4 is more on an indication of the shades in which they play more than anything.

Where does he fit in? Do you see Bradham playing on the outside?

I see Bradham and Brown as the nickel LBs. I think we'll be in a lot of nickel, with Mario, kyle, Marcel and hughes/his replacement getting after the passer.

Harris/spikes and lawson seeing time on 1st and when teams go 2 WR

There is also a lot of misunderstanding that 3-4 indicates 3 down lineman. While it can be, the 3-4 is more on an indication of the shades in which they play more than anything.

No there's definitely three down lineman in a 3-4.

Mario- kyle- dareus

Bradham - harris - brown

I really hope that's not the case. Would prefer to have a 4th pass rusher. I understand that rex likes to blitz and disguise all this crazy stuff, but Jerry Hughes' ability to get past his man rushing the qb will not be adequately replaced by a blitzer or 2 or 3. I don't think Harris, brown and Bradham have the bulk (if the offense runs) or the pass rush ability (if they pass) to fill the void. If hughes leaves, I really hope we address his replacement with someone other than signing Harris. Hope Eli Harold is somehow available at 50 if we don't address it in FA. Holding out hope hughes comes back, but I think he's as good as gone

It's already been reported that Mario is moving to OLB. Dareus can play either DE or NT.

At first glance:

LE: Dareus/UFA

NT: Dareus/UFA

RE: K. Williams

OLB: M. Williams

ILB: Brown

ILB: Bradham

OLB: Lawson

Stefan Charles may be able to play 5 tech DE, but I would imagine we will add another DL, probably in the draft as Williams is getting up there in age.

We need another ILB, pass rusher, and secondary help. Probably CB.

I could obviously see some Ryan defensive guys coming over.

David Harris

Jim Leonhard

Revis or Cromartie

Could see us making a run at NT so Dareus can play DE.

Dan Williams

Ahtya Rubin

BJ Raji

Pass rushers who will probably be much cheaper than Hughes:

Anthony Spencer

Orakpo

Brandon Graham

Jabaal Sheard

Mario- kyle- dareus

Bradham - harris - brown

I don't think those 3 Lbs would be on the field at the same time.

Nickel personnel would probably be:

Mario

Kyle

Dareus

Brown

Bradham

UFA SITUATIONAL PASS RUSHER