Things are falling in place

So whats left. Obviously QB play I sure hope Manuel makes the leap. A guard, TE, solid backup QB and were looking pretty damn good fellas. Thoughts?

I would agree. Plan is clear-- make it possible to win with-- hopefully-- average QB play and make it easy as possible for the QB to perform adequately. The O-line is the biggest piece left, try to make it well above average. If they can do that, then EJ or some mediocre vet-- Sanchez, Locker-- may give us the SF/KC/Alex Smith model. Another weapon in TE would not hurt either. Good thoughts... CD

So all we need is a QB, TE, 2 Guards, A CB and a replacement for Alonso and the plan will be in motion! How could this possibly go wrong?

why do we need 2 G, a CB and replacement for Alonso? We need a replacement for Spikes. Alonso already replaced. We signed incognito and still have urbik - we need 1 G. We have 3 CBs... Edited by YoloinOhio

why do we need 2 G, a CB and replacement for Alonso? We need a replacement for Spikes. Alonso already replaced. We signed incognito and still have urbik - we need 1 G. We have 3 CBs...

They've four solid CB's, with a few in line as well.

Gilmore

McKelvin

Graham

Robey

Brooks

Cockrell

I'm really liking what they are doing. They have some holes, but they've also got young guys at those positions. Keep adding guys for competition and let's hope Rex and the rest of the coaches can get the most out of these guys.

The number of spots they need to fill is dwindling by the week, and it's not even free agency yet.

Edited by elroy16

I will be shocked if the plan is to roll with EJ this year, they will make a move for a more proven QB IMO

IMHO I'll say prepare to be shocked.

Mark Sanchez got to 2 AFCCC games and his stats in his first season were horrible 14 TD's 21 INT's!!!

It can be done with EJ,

So all we need is a QB, TE, 2 Guards, A CB and a replacement for Alonso and the plan will be in motion! How could this possibly go wrong?

Why do you need a replacement for Alonzo? The defense was just fine without him last year, in fact they improved without him.

IMHO I'll say prepare to be shocked.

Mark Sanchez got to 2 AFCCC games and his stats in his first season were horrible 14 TD's 21 INT's!!!

It can be done with EJ,

Ummmm.....no it can't! and IMO it's not going to be either. Rex isn't dumb, he is not going to roll into the season with EJ as his starter. Who would?

that's your opinion. but I must say - Sorry that you disagree with the majority on this.

If they add a FA QB, look at them they are not great, they will have a QB comp in camp. If it is a tie EJ wins and has a short leash. Run first pass second with QB on move, seems like what SF and Seattle do. They still need to shore up the OL with at least 1 more possibly 2 more additions, depends on Henderson e v a l'ed.

If they trade for a QB that is a different scenario.(Now that that got Cassel no it is the same as above, camp comp)

Edited by blargo

Guess it wasn't just my opinion but the opinion of the people that matter most also and the real majority, GM, HC, OC.

What? Are you implying that a trade for Cassel and a 6th for a 5th and 2016 7th means that OBD thinks EJ has no shot to lead the team to success?

That is an assumption on your part and not a very good one, imo. Cassel is a veteran qb. We needed one. They may bring in another.

EJ will still have a chance to compete and I think he may very well be a pleasant surprise (except for the haters who will be dismayed if he plays well.)

So whats left. Obviously QB play I sure hope Manuel makes the leap. A guard, TE, solid backup QB and were looking pretty damn good fellas. Thoughts?

Yup, that would be the key to the offseason. I really, really, really hope EJ earns this job.

Guess it wasn't just my opinion but the opinion of the people that matter most also and the real majority, GM, HC, OC.

What are you talking about?

We still have a way to go.

Is this the best things have smelled around this franchise for a few decades? Absolutely.

Are we are a few players away from being a major player in the AFC? No.

We have work to do.

The key is that things are productively moving forward in the right direction and the stagnant, comatose death this organization has been around since forever is departing.

Finally.

Honestly if EJ can't beat out Matt Cassel he is never going to be a factor for the Bills. The Bills will probably draft another developmental QB to compete with Tuel. It will come down to EJ or Matt Cassel come opening day unless something crazy happens.