It should have been Adrian Peterson

Ya if we got ap

They would hate him for child abuse

If we got Murray

Injury prone and fumbles

If we didn't sign spiller and didn't get another rb

Whaley is an idiot letting spiller go fred can't carry the team

Yup

McCoy was the best RB to get. He's been the top rusher the past 5 seasons. AP is 30 and has a major injury under his belt. Murray had a great season in a contract season and is injury and fumble prone.

Edited by Doc

He has three years left on the deal, so UFA is a long way soff, we're talking in three years. He'd be crazy to refuse an extention to play out a three year deal to become a UFA as could easily get hurt or would by then be over the hill and get less. After this year his cap hit goes down, under $8 mil

So explain how a three year contract with declining cap amounts exactly gives the player leverage? Other htna the cap number being high, just don't see it.

What if he refuses to restructure because he doesn't want to play here and/or thinks he can get more as an UFA? That would be the most ridiculous trade ever we lose kiko for nothing. I'm sure his agent is smart enough to realise the leverage this gives them

Peterson turns 30 in a couple weeks and his cap hit is over 15 mil which is clearly a lot more than McCoys who turns 27 in July

I really wish ppl would do a little research before suggesting stuff like this

Edited by Max997

He has three years left on the deal, so UFA is a long way soff, we're talking in three years. He'd be crazy to refuse an extention to play out a three year deal to become a UFA as could easily get hurt or would by then be over the hill and get less. After this year his cap hit goes down, under $8 mil

So explain how a three year contract with declining cap amounts exactly gives the player leverage? Other htna the cap number being high, just don't see it.

someone said only $1mm is guaranteed, as if we can restructure the rest. thats what i was replying to

Assuming the Bills were this hell-bent on getting a running back, they picked the wrong target. Peterson is on the outs in Minnesota. Although they are trying to mend fences, I'm sure if Whaley was dangling Kiko they would have jumped at the idea.

Peterson is much better than any other player at his position. His cap hit isn't much more than McCoy's. And he's been better than him with a lesser line and inferior coaching.

Peterson has been a marquee player. He has a list of 5 preferred destinations and we aren't on it. He's also 29 years old, and there is some meat to the idea that RB play declines at age 30.

But strangely enough, if you look at 2013, Adrian Peterson wasn't the top running back in YPG or YPA.

Who was ahead of him? LeSean McCoy.

Huh. Younger, less costly, and last time AP played a season, better. Yeah, we should have skipped McCoy and gone for Peterson. Too bad Whaley lacks the benefit of our advice, isn't it?

(I also think that the Eagles trade was uniquely facilitated by the apparent boner Chip Kelly has for his former Ducks, but that's just me.)

McCoy was the best RB to get. He's been the top rusher the past 5 seasons. AP is 30 and has a major injury under his belt. Murray had a great season in a contract season and is injury and fumble prone.

Out of AP and McCoy? Yup. Though I think Murray is similar to Gore, the guy who has so much success in Roman's O. Time will tell. I think it'll play out good for us.

Assuming the Bills were this hell-bent on getting a running back, they picked the wrong target. Peterson is on the outs in Minnesota. Although they are trying to mend fences, I'm sure if Whaley was dangling Kiko they would have jumped at the idea.

Peterson is much better than any other player at his position. His cap hit isn't much more than McCoy's. And he's been better than him with a lesser line and inferior coaching.

I wonder if they even explored that option considering this trade came together in 20 minutes.

As for the trade itself, the opportunity cost of it, when you factor in salaries and the positional value in question, is so incredibly stupid and reckless that I'm amazed at people defending it. This isn't fantasy football. In any case, it won't make a bit of difference either way until we get a QB.

You're sure?

I wonder if they even explored that option considering this trade came together in 20 minutes.

As for the trade itself, the opportunity cost of it, when you factor in salaries and the positional value in question, is so incredibly stupid and reckless that I'm amazed at people defending it. This isn't fantasy football. In any case, it won't make a bit of difference either way until we get a QB.

How is this trade stupid and reckless. Living in the Philly area, EVERYONE, including the more respected Eagle professional analysts, can't believe that the Eagles made a trade giving away argueably the best running back in the league who has the most rushing yeards over the past 2,3,4 and 5 years for a player coming off major ACL surgery with only 1 year of experience. The trade may work out for both team, but, on the surface, based on the tangible facts, the Bills appear to have bartered the better deal. Not sure where your criticism comes in. In addition, it apprears that Keyy and McCoy were not on the same page at the end of the year, so it looks like he was trying to get rid of him. Could also have been an ego thing with him with the Bills being the beneficiary. GO BILLS! Take the high road on this one as the Bills are on top of this for a change......

They would be competing against the entire league to sign AP. He would be an extreme long shot to sign here. I would have loved it, but there was very little chance of it happening.