Bill Polian's Grades for 2015 FA's

I figured since he almost became our Football Czar these grades might make for some interesting discussion. If you want I can post the C's and C-'s but the C list is as long as the other lists combined.

A+

Ndamukong Suh, DT, Detroit

A

Randall Cobb, WR, Green Bay

DeMarco Murray, RB, Dallas

A-

Jerry Hughes, DE, Buffalo

Terrance Knighton, DT, Denver

Devin McCourty, S, New England

Jared Odrick, DT, Miami

Jeremy Maclin, WR, Philadelphia

Pernell McPhee, OLB, Baltimore

B+

Mike Iupati, G, San Francisco

George Johnson, DE, Detroit

Denarius Moore, WR, Oakland

Torrey Smith, WR, Baltimore

Tramon Williams, CB, Green Bay

B

Akeem Ayers, OLB, New England

Bryan Bulaga, OT, Green Bay

Michael Crabtree, WR, San Francisco

Brandon Flowers, CB, San Diego

Justin Forsett, RB, Baltimore

Mark Ingram, RB, New Orleans

John Kuhn, FB, Green Bay

Ryan Matthews, RB, San Diego

Rolando McClain, ILB, Dallas

Julius Thomas, TE, Denver

Justin Tucker, K, Baltimore

Shane Vereen, RB, New England

B-

Jordan Cameron, TE, Cleveland

Frank Gore, RB, San Francisco

Greg Hardy, DE, Carolina

C+

Kenny Britt, WR, Tennessee

Antonio Cromartie, CB, Arizona

Byron Maxwell, CB, Seattle

CJ Mosley, DT, Detroit

Special veterans

These guys aren't going to get big deals based on their age, but deserve special mention as players who were exceptionally productive during their careers. Some could potentially pay off in one-year deals with the right team.

Matt Bryant, K, Atlanta Falcons
Jay Feely, K, Chicago Bears
Jim Leonhard, S, Cleveland Browns
Terence Newman, CB, Cincinnati Bengals
Matt Prater, K, Detroit Lions
Ike Taylor, CB, Pittsburgh Steelers
Charles Tillman, CB, Chicago Bears
Osi Umenyiora, DE, Atlanta Falcons
Reggie Wayne, WR, Indianapolis Colts
Wes Welker, WR, Denver Broncos

Edited by BuffaloHokie13

What, no CJ Spiller?? I hope CJ and his agent don't play themselves.

Spiller wasn't actually on the grade list at all. Searcy and Spikes were in the C list

Thank you for posting, and this isn't a shot at you, OP, but can we please stop pretending that Polian is relevant anymore?

I mean, I get it. But, he's a broadcaster now. He should be held in a esteem that reflects likewise.

Yeah, I get where you're coming from. But he was brought in for a chance to be our football czar this year. I felt that gave him some relevance to us

Edited by BuffaloHokie13

Where was Searcy?

Btw thanks for posting. Are you an espn insider? I saw it out there and it looked like you had to be one to read this.

Nvm on Searcy - saw you posted it above

Yeah, a buddy got me a year subscription for my birthday "to help with my fantasy decisions" haha

This list is terrible. No Darrelle Revis???

Revis isn't an FA until the Pats* release him. And I left off the players who are tagged, and thus irrelevant

Edited by BuffaloHokie13

Yeah, a buddy got me a year subscription for my birthday "to help with my fantasy decisions" haha

Revis isn't an FA until the Pats* release him. And I left off the players who are tagged, and thus irrelevant

what a great gift idea. Never would have thought of that.

Thank you for posting, and this isn't a shot at you, OP, but can we please stop pretending that Polian is relevant anymore?

I mean, I get it. But, he's a broadcaster now. He should be held in a esteem that reflects likewise.

I strongly disagree. He was coming in as our football czar until Marrone talked him out of it. I give a lot of value to his opinions

Spiller wasn't actually on the grade list at all. Searcy and Spikes were in the C list

Yeah, I get where you're coming from. But he was brought in for a chance to be our football czar this year. I felt that gave him some relevance to us

I strongly disagree. He was coming in as our football czar until Marrone talked him out of it. I give a lot of value to his opinions

Sure, if you believe his account of things. I happen to not.

Does this mean all broadcasters are irrelevant?

Edited by BillsVet

By and large. Particularly when it comes to evaluations.

I think if they're a broadcaster first, than yeah, you're absolutely right. If they were a wildly successful personnel man and talent evaluator, as Polian was, for 30 years, than yeah, I would say his opinion is worth considering as valuable.

He bends over in the morning to tie his shoe, and accidentally farts out more football knowledge than you or I will ever know.