Ndamukong Suh - too crazy an idea?

I partially just wanted an excuse to type out "Ndamukong" as I have so few opportunities to do so. But what about bringing this guy aboard? The obvious answer is that we already have a strong d-line and would have too much money tied up there. He would definitely cost a lot, but in this case, you wouldn't bring back Hughes, so its all about opportunity cost.

Hear me out though. Kyle Williams is aging (although he's still excellent) and there is no guarantee Dareus will re-sign in Buffalo. If he does, you have two elite tackles along with Mario. The salary cap keeps rising and we don't have a big-time QB to pay, as Whaley keeps reminding us.

With Detroit deciding not to franchise him (mostly due to money tied up with Stafford and Johnson), I think the Bills should look at this. The defense could be historically good next season with that d-line and Rex Ryan running it.

Kyle-Marcel-Suh

Mario-Brown-Bradham-Kiko

Gilmore-A. WIlliams-Rambo/Duke-Leodis

(salivating)

Edited by QB Bills

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If the BILLS were to take a run at Suh, as much as I love Kyle Williams, it would almost seem to indicate the BILLS would either be willing or wanting to trade him for maybe some Offensive talent. Mario Willliams is a beast, showing he was worthy of the 1st overall pick but in a Rex designed Defense, not really sure he makes sense especially with a near $20 cap hit. Also, something to consider. Suh and Dareus could play the 4-3, 3-4 or any nickel or dime package and the 4-6 as well. Just, food for thought.

I just sort of get the sense that he'll go to whatever team pays him the most. With what we have tied up in the DLine already, I don't see any way we are going to be that team.

He would be an amazing addition though if they could pull it off, obviously, and I would love to add one more impact / elite player on D be it he or Revis (which I see as the much more in the realm of possibility option).

I betcha Suh gets 4 years, 12.5 million/year, with 28 million guaranteed. That would eat up nearly half of our cap space depending upon how the deal was structured. I based his contract of Ngata's BTW.

I'll take the over on that all day.

I betcha Suh gets 4 years, 12.5 million/year, with 28 million guaranteed. That would eat up nearly half of our cap space depending upon how the deal was structured. I based his contract of Ngata's BTW.

No chance. Hughes might even get that much. Suh will get way more than that.

mccoy is your better comp, not ngata

Other teams have too much money.

The Bills are 8th overall in cap space...the Bills are one of the teams WITH money. Suh might be a crazy idea...but let's exorcise this silly Eeyore mentality. If the Bills aren't players in the free agency period, it's not for lack of money or cap space.