Free Agency Countdown - What Will Whaley Do?

111 members have voted

1. 1. FA - What will Whaley Do?

• Cannonball off the Dock, Big Splash- sign 2 or more "name" players (Revis JPP, Iupati etc)
    • Workmanlike dive - 2 or more known, "servicable" players at positions of need (Locker, Hoyer, Hill etc)
    • Hop into the Kiddy Puddle - sign one or more players we've never heard of
    • Splashless Option - Get a Good Night Sleep a la Buddy Nix, No News is Good News

It may be if he leaves.

I would say a team that "needs" Hughes is one like ATL, Dallas, Cleveland, etc. that has a weak DL as a whole and a poor pass rush. That doesn't define Bflo, with or without him. Bflo can pay him though and likely will because he is a really good player who makes the team better.

Was Eric Wood any good at guard? Where is Cameron Ervin going? Is he definite first round? I personally am not against drafting a center. I put that on this blog because i was thinking if Wood is any good at guard maybe we wouldnt have to look outside of the team to fill the spot.

Wood played at guard his first 2 years - his rookie year was cut short by injury.

As I recall, he was decent, but he was a huge upgrade to Hanggartner at center and he played next to Kirk Chambers then Mansfield Wrotto at RT, which may have affected how he looked. 2009 we may recall was our "anyone play left Tackle?" year which started with Trent Edwards under center. In 2010 he had Ryan "quick shot" Fitzpatrick under center which may have made him look better.

It's a point that we might want to start grooming a center.

Wood played at guard his first 2 years - his rookie year was cut short by injury.

As I recall, he was decent, but he was a huge upgrade to Hanggartner at center and he played next to Kirk Chambers then Mansfield Wrotto at RT, which may have affected how he looked. 2009 we may recall was our "anyone play left Tackle?" year which started with Trent Edwards under center. In 2010 he had Ryan "quick shot" Fitzpatrick under center which may have made him look better.

It's a point that we might want to start grooming a center.

very much agree with this. no offense Eric!

I would say a team that "needs" Hughes is one like ATL, Dallas, Cleveland, etc. that has a weak DL as a whole and a poor pass rush. That doesn't define Bflo, with or without him. Bflo can pay him though and likely will because he is a really good player who makes the team better.

and this is why we lose him. Someone else needs him more than the Bills.

I don't know if anyone mentioned him but the Raiders C Stefan Wisniewski might be an option. He's only 25 and the Raiders aren't expected to re-sign him according to Rotoworld last month. I think he'd be an upgrade at C and Wood can compete for guard position...

I like the idea of adding Matt Moore too. I think they'll draft an RB and roll with Dixon, Fred, Bryce and the rook

Edited by leper65

I don't know if anyone mentioned him but the Raiders C Stefan Wisniewski might be an option. He's only 25 and the Raiders aren't expected to re-sign him according to Rotoworld last month. I think he'd be an upgrade at C and Wood can compete for guard position...

I like the idea of adding Matt Moore too. I think they'll draft an RB and roll with Dixon, Fred, Bryce and the rook

i mentioned Wisniewski awhile ago, and agree he would be a great signing. I question whether he will hit FA though. Raiders have mega cap space and will likely sign him. If it's true that they would let him test the market I would be interested if I'm the Bills. Fewer injuries than Iupati, versatile, and has played on a bad OL but still effective. Edited by YoloinOhio

I voted for the cannonball and workmanlike.

I think that there will be a trade for a QB, my guess is RG3.

After that it will be an upper end Guard, but not Iupati or Franklin level. Maybe a Dan Connolly to hurt the pats* and help us.

At Tight End I think we are looking at bringing in Clay.

Re-sign Hughes.

Draft: (Yes, despite using our 4th on Bryce, I think we will grab a RB and a FB)

Rd2: Project QB (Petty, Hundley, Grayson)

Rd3: Best RB Available (David Cobb, TJ Yeldon, David Johnson)

Rd5(1): Tony Lippett, WR/DB, Michigna State

Rd5(2): Ibraheim Campbell, S, Northwestern

Rd6: Tyler Varga, FB, Yale

Rd7: I'm just guessing at this point

I voted for the cannonball and workmanlike.

I think that there will be a trade for a QB, my guess is RG3.

After that it will be an upper end Guard, but not Iupati or Franklin level. Maybe a Dan Connolly to hurt the pats* and help us.

At Tight End I think we are looking at bringing in Clay.

Re-sign Hughes.

Draft: (Yes, despite using our 4th on Bryce, I think we will grab a RB and a FB)

Rd2: Project QB (Petty, Hundley, Grayson)

Rd3: Best RB Available (David Cobb, TJ Yeldon, David Johnson)

Rd5(1): Tony Lippett, WR/DB, Michigna State

Rd5(2): Ibraheim Campbell, S, Northwestern

Rd6: Tyler Varga, FB, Yale

Rd7: I'm just guessing at this point

Isn't everybody just guessing or wishing.

Yes a position of weakness it shouldn't be a big splash to grab a position of absolute need... Big splash is a flashy Revis that the Bills don't really need but would make the team better.

I disagree. I would call one of the best guards in the game, the best OL on the market and possible hall of Famer a big splash. To each is their own. That being said, I don't think we go too hard the first couple days. Matt Moore being a possible day 1 guy.