Todd Herremens (OG) Cut by Eagles--Signed by Colts

thebandit27

Bills save $2.475M in cash if they cut Chris Williams. They only save 725k on the cap due to his prorated signing bonus. I'd say there's still a chance he gets the axe as $2.475M saved in cash is far above the vet. min. and I think his services can probably be replaced by a vet. minimum contract.

He graded very poorly with the Rams, and was gradidn out extremely poor with the Bills before he got hurt.

He has a 2015 roster bonus of 500k, so if the Bills are going to make a move they will certainly do so before that 500k payment is due. Does anyone happen to know when roster bonuses are due? I believe most agents negotiate those bonuses to be paid prior to FA opening, that way if the team chops him the player is at least a FA before the FA spending is all dried up.

Bills save $2.475M in cash if they cut Chris Williams. They only save 725k on the cap due to his prorated signing bonus. I'd say there's still a chance he gets the axe as $2.475M saved in cash is far above the vet. min. and I think his services can probably be replaced by a vet. minimum contract.

He graded very poorly with the Rams, and was gradidn out extremely poor with the Bills before he got hurt.

He has a 2015 roster bonus of 500k, so if the Bills are going to make a move they will certainly do so before that 500k payment is due. Does anyone happen to know when roster bonuses are due? I believe most agents negotiate those bonuses to be paid prior to FA opening, that way if the team chops him the player is at least a FA before the FA spending is all dried up.

Correct on the cap numbers.

As for roster bonuses, usually they're due on the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd day of the league year.

Old and declining. Graded out very poorly according to profootballfocus.com this past season. Pass

Exactly. He posted a -12.3 in just 7 games. Blow that out to 16 games and he might have been one of the worst guards in football.

People really need to step up beyond the "I've actually heard of him, he can't be awful" analysis. There's enough data easily available now.

Exactly. He posted a -12.3 in just 7 games. Blow that out to 16 games and he might have been one of the worst guards in football.

People really need to step up beyond the "I've actually heard of him, he can't be awful" analysis. There's enough data easily available now.

How did he grade out in previous seasons?

How did he grade out in previous seasons?

'11 - 21st ranked tackle - slightly ahead of Demetrius Bell

'12 - missed 8 games knocking his grade down, 27th at tackle, would have been ~17th with a full year

'13 - 23rd ranked guard - slightly worse than Urbik

In his prime he was an average starting lineman. He's no longer in his prime.

Durable? He's missed 8 games in each of the last two seasons

rel·a·tive·ly

ˈrelədivlē/

adverb

in relation, comparison, or proportion to something else.

He's been in the league for nine or ten years and started 11+ games in six or seven of them. Barely played as a rookie.

Edited by JM57

rel·a·tive·ly

ˈrelədivlē/

adverb

in relation, comparison, or proportion to something else.

He's been in the league for nine or ten years and started 11+ games in six or seven of them. Barely played as a rookie.

Is it more accurate to describe what kind of player someone is by looking at what they've done over the course of their career or what they've done in recent years?

Todd Herremens has missed 16 games combined the last three seasons which clearly indicates that he is no longer durable

Find a definition for that

Edited by Max997

Is it more accurate to describe what kind of player someone is by looking at what they've done over the course of their career or what they've done in recent years?

Todd Herremens has missed 16 games combined the last three seasons which clearly indicates that he is no longer durable

Find a definition for that

I honestly wasn't aware he had missed half of 2012 as well before my original post but I'll make sure to look through into the past of any player prior to posting going forward to make sure I met your stringent accuracy standards Edited by JM57

• 2 weeks later...