Who is the Bills biggest division rival right now?

YoloinOhio

Bills biggest division rival  

99 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think is the Bills biggest division rival right now?

• Jets (Bills have dominated last 3 games,prior to 2014 had not won in NJ in years; REX/Chan/Pepper Johnson
    • Dolphins (Bills have won 4 of last 6, Tannehill still hasn't won at The Ralph)
    • Pats* (Brady has owned the Bills and AFCE for last 15 yrs, but they are the team to beat and therefore still the biggest rival)
    • KC (not really in our division but we play them every year and the last 2 have been heartbreakers/playoff implications)

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Pats have beaten us 26 out of the last 28 games, and the last victory wasn't meaningful because they pulled their starters out of the game because it meant nothing to them. We may consider them to be rivals but they certainly don't see us as credible challengers. Both the Jets and Dolphins can't be considered serious rivals because we and they have not been in many situations where a victory or defeat against one another has major implications with respect to the standings and playoffs.

The interest associated with rivals is very much diminished because this franchise has been bad for a generation. During the past decade or so how many meaningful games have we played in? When a team has been not only bad but boring for a generation then don't be surprised the other fan base yawns when there is an upcoming game with us. It doesn't matter what your fan base's intensity is when the opposition doesn't give a hoot about you. That is not a recipe for an authentic rivalry.

The solution is to win some games and get back in the playoff race. Then the rivalries will naturally develop instead of this immature habit of making excuses why we lose and why other teams win.

Become credible on your own and then you will be taken seriously.

Dolphins .......... I'm STILL not over the 0 fer 70's

And all the heavy trash talk between the teams and the cities during the 80s and early 90s.

I remember once ESPN did a show on the biggest NFL rivalries (which aired early - mid 90s). Bills v. Dolphins was 4th. (bears/pack, skins/boys, and I think Raiders/Chiefs). People dont remember what a HUGE deal that Bills/Dolphins used to be. Nationwide.

I'm not over it. And frankly, I dont want to be over it.

Edited by maddenboy

Don't get me wrong I respect the old school bitterness. I stuck with Miami as long as I could but at this point if you still say that, I honestly just think you're trying too hard. I mean NE has officially been annoying for a length of time longer than the 70s.

One difference is I don't think Miami was ever universally hated by football fans like NE has become in the last ~7 years. It makes me feel a little bit like Bobby Heenan yelling "I told you all these years he was scum!" when Hulk Hogan turned heel.

Don't get me wrong I respect the old school bitterness. I stuck with Miami as long as I could but at this point if you still say that, I honestly just think you're trying too hard. I mean NE has officially been annoying for a length of time longer than the 70s.

One difference is I don't think Miami was ever universally hated by football fans like NE has become in the last ~7 years.

:thumbsup:

Well said sir.

You still think they are rival? Do they consider us a rival? Or is it like Ohio State looking at Michigan like... get off the damn mat so we can have a rivalry again. I hate them too... just not sure its a two way street. I think they hate the Jets.

Yeah and in that regard it never really was a rivalry as we used to destroy them during our little run too.

I got the Miami boil lanced by having the luck to be at the 1980 goalpost game. The 1990s era of Bills dominance closed the deal.

Really dislike the Jets because their big mouth crude fans think that team is all time s*** because they won a SB when LBJ was president and No one cared about the SB anyway. Oh and they lost 2 AFC championships. That's a accomplishment?

Indifferent about NE. Don't care about them one way or another.

The only team I truly hate is Dallas. The 2 SBs, the owner, the "Americas team" BS The media butt licking and so on. I take enormous pleasure in seeing that "how could this happen?" look on JJs face when they lose.

One difference is I don't think Miami was ever universally hated by football fans like NE has become in the last ~7 years. It makes me feel a little bit like Bobby Heenan yelling "I told you all these years he was scum!" when Hulk Hogan turned heel.

I voted Pat's, and I feel the same as you do. As much as I dislike Belliboy, I have to say I respect his work.

• 2 weeks later...

I know it's just business as usual in the NFL, but this game being played over Clay is just another reason why I'm always going to hate the Dolphins the most. May they all get superherpes.

Trying to figure out why everyone is saying the Jet's won the FA battle in the AFC East? Granted they have a good #1 WR now and Revis, where else are they improved? Seemed last season they had many holes

i guess Cromartie. But the Revis-Cro revival tour is 30 and 31 yr old guys they dropped an absolute boat load of $ on to. They added another huge contract to Skrine who is good in the slot. They should be better, but I don't think they are a playoff team.