Report: Saints G Jahri Evans could be cut

YoloinOhio

Aw crap. Brees probably paying him out of his pocket thinking about the OL next year.

http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2015/02/jahri_evans_contract.html

Cap-strapped Saints were prepared to release Pro Bowl guard Jahri Evans, now negotiating to keep him, sources say

"(The front office) will figure a way to figure it out. That's what those guys get paid to do," Evans said in December. "I don't see myself going anywhere."

Edited by YoloinOhio

I don't see that happening, Brees will re-structure to keep himself upright.

Grubbs or Evans will most likely hit the market. They've been aware of this for a while. Neither played to their level this past year and the whispers of their decline at out there. I'd take either in a second but don't expect Pro Bowl level of play. He was voted to the Pro Bowl based on reputation this year.

Grubbs or Evans will most likely hit the market. They've been aware of this for a while. Neither played to their level this past year and the whispers of their decline at out there. I'd take either in a second but don't expect Pro Bowl level of play. He was voted to the Pro Bowl based on reputation this year.

If they take cuts its still workable, but that's not a gimme. They don't HAVE to axe either but they may find better ways to spend the money. Either would be good, not GREAT additions to our line- and that distinction is why it's tough for any team to sink that much space into them

Aw crap. Brees probably paying him out of his pocket thinking about the OL next year. http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2015/02/jahri_evans_contract.html

Cap-strapped Saints were prepared to release Pro Bowl guard Jahri Evans, now negotiating to keep him, sources say

"(The front office) will figure a way to figure it out. That's what those guys get paid to do," Evans said in December. "I don't see myself going anywhere."

Interior line is huge for Brees. Due largely to his height pressure up the middle is an especially big problem for him. Quality guards like Grubbs and Evans are integral to his success. This will be interesting to watch.