Fastest tight end prospect Mycole Pruitt

There was a story in today's St. Louis paper about Mycole Pruitt. He went to Kirkwood, where Jeramy Maclin went. Right down the street where my son will be a tight end in a few years.

He was one of 5 players featured on nfl.com as being standouts on Friday. He ran the 40 in 4.58, and I'm sure they know about him.

Edited by TC in St. Louis

There was a story in today's St. Louis paper about Mycole Pruitt. He went to Kirkwood, where Jeramy Maclin went. Right down the street where my son will be a tight end in a few years.

He was one of 5 players featured on nfl.com as being standouts on Friday. He ran the 40 in 5.3, and I'm sure they know about him.

5.3sec 40 time made him a standout?

I thought he ran it in 4.6 or there abouts? I think he's intriguing but everything I've read says he has had major holes in his blocking at Southern Illinois.

5.3 standout? hahahahaahahahahahahhaahahhahhhahhahahah

Ok, OP, I am sorry but what the hell, man? Your whole thing was crap. He ran a 4.58. That's respectable. He is 6'3, 251. He only benched 215 17 times. His 38" vertical was nice. He was third best in the shuttle.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2015/2/22/8087821/nfl-combine-2015-full-results-tight-ends

If you start a thread about something trying to say something, make sure you know what you're saying.

Typo, man. I guess I was in a hurry. 4.58. I have no idea how I put 5.3 in there. That would be incredibly slow for a tight end. He's not a div. 1 guy, so maybe we get him in the 5th. He's a good football player. Jeez.

5.3 standout? hahahahaahahahahahahhaahahhahhhahhahahah

Ok, OP, I am sorry but what the hell, man? Your whole thing was crap. He ran a 4.58. That's respectable. He is 6'3, 251. He only benched 215 17 times. His 38" vertical was nice. He was third best in the shuttle.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2015/2/22/8087821/nfl-combine-2015-full-results-tight-ends

If you start a thread about something trying to say something, make sure you know what you're saying.

dude, i was in a hurry. sorry about that. give me a break he was labeled as one of the top 5 surprises, though. know what? don't care. have a good day.

Typo, man. I guess I was in a hurry. 4.58. I have no idea how I put 5.3 in there. That would be incredibly slow for a tight end. He's not a div. 1 guy, so maybe we get him in the 5th. He's a good football player. Jeez.

dude, i was in a hurry. sorry about that. give me a break he was labeled as one of the top 5 surprises, though. know what? don't care. have a good day.

quality supersedes all.

I enjoy your posts and this board is great, the guy is interesting and thanks for bringing him up. But, if you'd just have taken a minute or two, well, it'd be different.

quality supersedes all.

I enjoy your posts and this board is great, the guy is interesting and thanks for bringing him up. But, if you'd just have taken a minute or two, well, it'd be different.

I actually took time to find the clip, but fat-fingered the 40 time. It was unintended. Obviously 5.3 would not be the fastest time for a tight end. I read that Steve Martin ran the 100 in 4.6. He said he did it with shortcuts.

From NFL.com's draft profile he doesn't seem like a player that Ryan would want.

"Bottom Line

The production is impressive. It warrants attention and accolades, but the tape shows an alarming inconsistency of effort and competitive fire. Pruitt won't be considered a plus athlete for the position by NFL standards, so he must crank up the motor and keep it running -- especially when asked to block since that might be his way onto a team."

You may be able to teach a player how to block better with hands like his, but competitive fire isn't something that's taught.

I think the Bills pass on this guy.

• 3 weeks later...

Roman loves/needs the move TE (not my quote)

Here are Pruitt's measurables vs Clay (as I'm getting sick of waiting for him even though we haven't even offered a contract)

6ft 2 VS 6ft 3

2.51 VS 2.45 lbs

4.58 VS 4.70 40 yard dash

5.24 VS 4.76 NFL.com combine draft grade

Both Small Schools:

SIU VS Tulsa

Blocking

Clay>Pruitt (but how much blocking does a move TE do?)

Cap Savings for Pruit vs $7+ Million per for Clay

He is Mayock's 3rd rated TE

Thoughts on Pruitt's Draft round? 4th, 5th or 6th?

Anyone see him play?

Thanks

Scott