The Case For Mark Sanchez

bisonbrigade

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In their first run to the AFC Championship game, Sanchez completed 53.8% of his passes for 12 tds, 20 ints,and a QB rating of 63. People were calling Manuel a bust after a rookie season of 58.8%, 11 tds, 9 ints, and a qb rating of 77.7.

We need to stop this myth that Sanchez "led" the JEts anywhere. You put almost any other QB on that team and they might sleep walk to the SB. That fact that Ryan almost went to a SB with Sanchez shows how great of a coach he can be. Mark Sanchez would have been hands down the worst QB to ever play in a SB.

Biscuit

he's not arguing FOR Shankchez. I made a similar mis-read.

he's asking who is out there?

the (honest/serious) answer to quite a lot of us is .... none.

Fine.

Blane Gabbert.

Tavaris Jackson

Jimmy Clausen

Colt McCoy

Tyrod Taylor

Tyler Thigpen

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/quarterback/

you are implying that all of them are (greater than) > Sanchez? or just listing FA?

Biscuit

he's not arguing FOR Shankchez. I made a similar mis-read.

he's asking who is out there?

the (honest/serious) answer to quite a lot of us is .... none.

you are implying that all of them are (greater than) > Sanchez? or just listing FA?

It was in response to Beef Jerky saying that any free agene is > Sanchez. I was listing some who clearly are not, or at least wanted to see Beef Jerky defend the fact that they were.

Edited by The Real Buffalo Joe

Seriously? I picked those names almost as a joke, although I agree about Kolb, who will never see the field again.

But Tebow, and Jordan Palmer, better than Sanchez. C'mon now.

the sample size on Jordan Palmer is way too small to know at all....but Tebow, all day long, everyday and twice on sunday (which says as much about how I feel about Sanchez as it does about Tebow). We would actually have more empirical data if Rex had actually played Tebow, but I think (opinion) he was afraid of the backlash that would occur if Tebow actually won after riding (actually it was more like Rex's wife doing the Sanchize riding) Mark long after it was obvious that he wasnt getting the job done with the Jets.

To go way off topic, the stubborness/vindictiveness that seemed to surface during the Jets-Tebow experiment scares me that replacing Marrone with Rex is a little of.....Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

Edited by Garranimal

I know that Mark has his issues, but check out these post season stats,

2009 60.3%comp 539 yards 7.93 AVG 4 TD's 2 INT's

2010 60.7%comp 616 yards 6.92 AVG 5 TD's 1 INT's

I think he would be the right fit for competition for QB.

You have convinced me. Sign him in post season as backup if he is available then.