Whaley: Bills have exchanged offers with Hughes

YoloinOhio

got audio link? otherwise (to me) its a WGR looking for attention. Once bitten .... well actually I fell for their stories at least 3 times before I gave up believing them.

Whaley was on with the morning guys today. Those words were straight from his mouth. If you want to listen for yourself, it'll be in the audio vault/On Demand on the WGR website later today.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He said they weren't starting talks till the next week... They had been talking for a while now though. So his tweet isn't correct.

His tweet was on Saturday, referring to this week. Did they start talking before this week? I thought it all started at the combine.

His tweet was on Saturday, referring to this week. Did they start talking before this week? I thought it all started at the combine.

I was under the impression that it was to heat up there but not that it was first contact. Regardless, predicting convos at the combine isn't far out on the limb for km

per the time stamp it's "new"

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/02/20/bills-working-overtime-to-keep-jerry-hughes-off-the-market/?ocid=Yahoo&partner=ya5nbcs

According to Vic Carucci of the Buffalo News, the Bills have had several meetings with the agent for Jerry Hughes at the NFL Scouting Combine, with more scheduled this weekend.

This makes me happy.

Whaley is playing this correctly. With no obvious answer at QB, build the best D you can , now. and Run the ball. I see RB drafted #2 for sure now. Spiller walks. Searcy stays. who knows on Spikes, probably gone which is too bad, but this is the NFL.

We have a quality team at OBD for the first time in 20 years. get your popcorn out. and pray the David Lee can coach up EJ quickly.

I am now convinced that once Ralph passed on, Marrone went to Orton to give him (Marrone) the best shot at a short term winning record at the expense of the franchise, so he could get another HC gig once the new owners walked away from him.

Baltimore, Tampa and the Bears have all won championships this way.

exactly. I can be done. Seattle does it this way for the most part as well. Run the ball and play defense and ST. The media builds up Russell Wilson, and he is very good, but he is not the #1 reason they succeed.

Baltimore, Tampa and the Bears have all won championships this way.

Although I don't dispute that this is a feasible way to build a winning team here, with the players that we either have or have access to acquiring, let's not confuse this... Those teams were built/ won 30, 15, and 13 years ago. Let's not confuse that the most RELIABLE way to get to the Super Bowl lies with getting a top 6-8 QB, and adding a complimentary defense and running game, not getting a top defense, and adding a complimentary running game and QB.

Again, don't get me wrong, I like watching us splatter QBs, and this method COULD work if we have a SUPERB defense, a QB who can complete passes at a high rate, to sustain drives, and an offensive line and running backs who can convert 3rd downs... But the jury remains out as to whether we have that QB on our team, or have access to him, and to whether we can build that line.

Edited by BuffalothruMyVeins

Although I don't dispute that this is a feasible way to build a winning team here, with the players that we either have or have access to acquiring, let's not confuse this... Those teams were built/ won 30, 15, and 13 years ago. Let's not confuse that the most RELIABLE way to get to the Super Bowl lies with getting a top 6-8 QB, and adding a complimentary defense and running game, not getting a top defense, and adding a complimentary running game and QB.

Again, don't get me wrong, I like watching us splatter QBs, and this method COULD work if we have a SUPERB defense, a QB who can complete passes at a high rate, to sustain drives, and an offensive line and running backs who can convert 3rd downs... But the jury remains out as to whether we have that QB on our team, or have access to him, and to whether we can build that line.

Of course it remains out. The point is that we're not going to grab a top 6-8 QB this offseason, so in the absence of that, do what you can to make an average-at-best QB succeed.

I was under the impression that it was to heat up there but not that it was first contact. Regardless, predicting convos at the combine isn't far out on the limb for km

Nope Whaley said back in January they were already in talks.