Vikings Season 3

LB3

True but a lot people died in the process, doubt this happens in real life, but it's show and you have have drama and such for entertainment purposes.

I think this has absolutely happened in the past. Lose a battle to win the war.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know I thought this took place during the lifetime of Charlemagne. I guess not. He'd have !@#$ed any Viking invasion up. His grandfather Charles Martel was pretty wicked as well. What happened to the French? :lol:

Civil war caused by the practice of dividing up land within the Kingdom between the King's sons. At the time of the show, the Carolingian Empire would have just recently split into three different Kingdoms. I believe the show takes place two years after the split.

not doubting you but got any examples?

(when troops are limited, decimating them doesn't seem wise. with all the vikings they lost on the show they would have to return to Kattegat for more)

Sorry, no examples and I'm certainly no authority, was just giving my opinion. It just seems like a strategy that could have been used for many reasons (tactical or political). Edited by KikoSeeBallKikoGetBall

Sorry, no examples and I'm certainly no authority, was just giving my opinion. It just seems like a strategy that could have been used for many reasons (tactical or political).

I get your point. I do think there is a difference between losing a battle and retreating versus purposely slaughtering your own troops though.

True but a lot people died in the process, doubt this happens in real life, but it's show and you have have drama and such for entertainment purposes.

I am no expert, but the vanguard is usually fodder sent in first, another analogy is the use of pawns in chess.

Lagertha, Bjorn, and Rallo were all in the middle of the first wave, and they aren't exactly fodder

you're not the king

yes but in this scenario Ragnar did this on purpose to make Floki look bad.

you're not the king

who are you to question me? - Ragnar Lothbrook.

I hope they kill off Floki soon. That character has been getting on my nerves this season. Either the actor finds a way to develop him more, or he gets sent to Valhalla. Enough of this schizo Gods complex already.

I'm sure I won't get my wish any time soon, though. Ragnar has expressed his patience about his plans for Floki and the embarrassment of the failed, Floki-led raid on Paris will serve his purposes moving forward. Perhaps Ragnar can cut out his tongue in the meantime.

I hope they kill off Floki soon. That character has been getting on my nerves this season. Either the actor finds a way to develop him more, or he gets sent to Valhalla. Enough of this schizo Gods complex already.

I'm sure I won't get my wish any time soon, though. Ragnar has expressed his patience about his plans for Floki and the embarrassment of the failed, Floki-led raid on Paris will serve his purposes moving forward. Perhaps Ragnar can cut out his tongue in the meantime.

Yeah I hate his character too. I hate his guts.

Lagertha is amazingly beautiful. I dont know if that was mentioned yet.

Yeah I hate his character too. I hate his guts.

Lagertha is amazingly beautiful. I dont know if that was mentioned yet.

See I like Floki. I think he's the most Viking of Vikings. He's a religious guy, and was the perfect counter to the smarminess of Aethelstan.

See I like Floki. I think he's the most Viking of Vikings. He's a religious guy, and was the perfect counter to the smarminess of Aethelstan.

This. Floki is always keeping things either comical or interesting.

This. Floki is always keeping things either comical or interesting.

Comedy?

If I wanted comedy, I'd just read my posts over and over. Screw this guy.

I hope his wife kills him. Im surprised that ugly skinny guy even has a wife on the show. Some poor guys dont even that. He's that ugly. She didnt seem to like his stupid annoying behavior in the lake the last episode. I was hoping she drowned his ass. Im crossing my fingers for that.

THE GUYS SOUNDS LIKE A RETARDED SCREECH FROM SAVED BY THE BELL. I hate everything about him. Even his name is retarded. FLOKI.