Attn Breaking Bad Fans: Better Call Saul begins Sun 2/8 10pm

PromoTheRobot

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone think something terrible happens to Mike's remaining family? Wouldn't surprise me if that's why he gets involved with Fring aside from his irrational need to kill Tio.

Werent his family on Breaking Bad?

I dont think anything happens to them

CBF

I could have sworn there were episodes with Mike and his granddaughter

CBF

The granddaughter is definitely around during BB. It gets mentioned that Mike is setting aside lots of money for her, then later the feds freeze his accounts.

Does anyone think something terrible happens to Mike's remaining family? Wouldn't surprise me if that's why he gets involved with Fring aside from his irrational need to kill Tio.

Aside from the already mentioned "his granddaughter's on BB," I think if anything happened to his family Mike would go all "Walter White with a machine gun and an old Cadillac" on the cartel.

Aside from the already mentioned "his granddaughter's on BB," I think if anything happened to his family Mike would go all "Walter White with a machine gun and an old Cadillac" on the cartel.

Good point. Technically that's one of the only things he seems to care about aside from plowing that waitresses driveway.

Discussing Fring with the wife, assuming Fring (or his aide) left that note, it would make sense because Fring and Tio play on the same Cartel team. (Don Elardo) Even though Fring hates Hector, he knew having him killed right now would be bad juju.

But remember that Hector/Tio hated Fring enough to kill himself along with Fring with the bomb Walt gave him. The kind of hatred you might have for the man who made you an invalid perhaps?

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Brilliant legal mind that Chuck is, he should know that tape is not admissible in Court or a hearing before the Bar

More likely he blackmails Jimmy with the threat of playing it to Kim and/or Mesa Verde

New Mexico is a one-party consent state, so he probably could use it in Court.

Discussing Fring with the wife, assuming Fring (or his aide) left that note, it would make sense because Fring and Tio play on the same Cartel team. (Don Elardo) Even though Fring hates Hector, he knew having him killed right now would be bad juju.

But remember that Hector/Tio hated Fring enough to kill himself along with Fring with the bomb Walt gave him. The kind of hatred you might have for the man who made you an invalid perhaps?

Actually, they don't play on the "same" cartel team. Fring's distribution, while the cartel's production (which is why they killed Fring's partner - he was a chemist, and they didn't want the competition). In BB, they have an uneasy "truce" due to mutual interests of cooperation. But they are not the same team.

Hell, half of Breaking Bad has that entire conflict going on in the background, with no one noticing: Tuco kidnaps Walter to bring him to the cartel as the source of high-grade meth. Fring brings Walter on board in order to start up his own production and break from the cartel...which is why the cartel starts going after the distribution network (remember Mike in the back of the Pollos Hermanos truck?) Gus puts the Cousins on to Hank to protect his production plans (i.e. keep Walter White safe.) Etc, etc... There's an entire war going on in the background that Walter White isn't even aware of, nor are most of the viewers, since we're so focused on Walter vs. Gus.

So it's not even a case of bad ju-ju, so much as vested economic interest. Going to the mattresses with the cartel only becomes possible for Fring when Heisenberg enters the picture (and don't forget, when Heisenberg joins Fring, Fring already has the lab built by Gale, but is not producing meth. He probably starts that project when Saul brings him the 50 lbs of Blue Sky.)

So playing on the same team? No. Reluctant partners, with Gus Fring playing the long game. Probably why he eventually brings on Mike, too - they both hate the cartel, and both take a long view, and both stories culminate in the poisoning of the cartel leadership (which Mike goes in to knowing about, even if Jesse is unaware.)

That also means that Heisenberg is luckier than he is smart - the only reason he becomes a kingpin is because he's a pawn that Gus and the cartel are fighting over, and he doesn't even know it.

The animosity between Fring and Tio stems from Tio killing Frings cook execution style right in front of him in Mexico.

That would have happened by now I would imagine.

And Tio probably has no love for Gus, who harbored Walt, who was responsible for the death of Tuco.

Tuco's death brought the Cousins to kill Walt, who Gus forbade but gave permission to kill Hank, who killed one of the Cousins and put the other in the hospital where Mike finished him off

The attempt on Hank's life brought the wrath of the DEA onto the Cartel, a masterful play by Gus

New Mexico is a one-party consent state, so he probably could use it in Court.

Did not know that. Most everywhere else it's entrapment

But Kim knows that what said Chuck was right.

Yes Kim knew but had plausible deniability. The tapes force her to publicly accept what she privately knows. Kim accepting Jimmy's role in sabotaging Mesa Verde puts her in a difficult position having to notify Mesa Verde and lose their account

Actually, they don't play on the "same" cartel team. Fring's distribution, while the cartel's production (which is why they killed Fring's partner - he was a chemist, and they didn't want the competition). In BB, they have an uneasy "truce" due to mutual interests of cooperation. But they are not the same team.

Hell, half of Breaking Bad has that entire conflict going on in the background, with no one noticing: Tuco kidnaps Walter to bring him to the cartel as the source of high-grade meth. Fring brings Walter on board in order to start up his own production and break from the cartel...which is why the cartel starts going after the distribution network (remember Mike in the back of the Pollos Hermanos truck?) Gus puts the Cousins on to Hank to protect his production plans (i.e. keep Walter White safe.) Etc, etc... There's an entire war going on in the background that Walter White isn't even aware of, nor are most of the viewers, since we're so focused on Walter vs. Gus.

So it's not even a case of bad ju-ju, so much as vested economic interest. Going to the mattresses with the cartel only becomes possible for Fring when Heisenberg enters the picture (and don't forget, when Heisenberg joins Fring, Fring already has the lab built by Gale, but is not producing meth. He probably starts that project when Saul brings him the 50 lbs of Blue Sky.)

So playing on the same team? No. Reluctant partners, with Gus Fring playing the long game. Probably why he eventually brings on Mike, too - they both hate the cartel, and both take a long view, and both stories culminate in the poisoning of the cartel leadership (which Mike goes in to knowing about, even if Jesse is unaware.)

That also means that Heisenberg is luckier than he is smart - the only reason he becomes a kingpin is because he's a pawn that Gus and the cartel are fighting over, and he doesn't even know it.

Wasn't it Gus that warned Hank in the parking lot right before the assassination attempt?

Well, I'm in the minority here but I thought the finale was awful. Maybe I'm missing something but they leave Mike a note? Wtf? Are they going to give him detention next? It's the cartel! Why they just put two in his head?

As far as Jimmy goes, if he can't figure out that Chuck has screwed him at every turn, then he's not the brilliant tactician he thinks he is. Admitting to a felony given Chuck's past actions? No common sense at all.