Now THAT'S a halftime show.

_BiB_

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am only 27 and that was one of the top 5 halftime shows I have ever seen. (U2 and Michael Jackson were pretty good as well). The fireworks during "Live & Let Die" were spectacular, "Get Back" sounded great and finishing up with "Hey Jude" and letting the crowd sing along at the end was too cool.

Great job Paul McCartney. May all future halftime shows follow this trend, and let us not go back to the days of Boobgate.

I totally agree, it was the best halftime that I can remember, that's for sure.

I loved hearing Live and Let Die, that's one of my favorite songs by ANY artist.

230423[/snapback]

I wish they would have finished with Live and Let Die, just to end the show with the energy, lights, fireworks, etc.... Also would have preferred Maybe I'm Amazed to Hey Jude, but all in all, it is about time they showed some CLASS at halftime instead of trailer pop trash! The fans did not seem like they wanted Paul to leave. :doh:

As i said in the other thread, this was the best halftime show ever.

No pop-diva-of-the day, no thugs singing crap that no one can understand. Paul rocked. The fireworks added to it, and I thought Hey Jude was great, because EVERYONE can sing along.

I give it a 10.

great show... McCartney rules!! He still rocks. The best halftime show I've seen in a LONG time. I usually don't watch the halftime shows because they are usually annoying... but I watched every second and even recorded this years. No one else could have gotten all 80,000 people to sing along at the end... the ENTIRE stadium was rocking and singing, in years past there are always people there bored out of their minds and not enjoying it... for the most part, everyone was loving it. I think everyone loved it. This is one more event proving that The Beatles are the best ever... and McCartney is a one of the best if not THE best song writer of all time... and at the top of the list when it comes to performers as well... He's like 62 yrs. old and he got the world to sing along and smile. Loved every second of it.

I loved how he opend with something from Rubber Soul (Drive My Car). Like other posters I would have prefered he ended with Live and Let Die which was pretty high energy. This years halftime show definetly beat the crotch crabbing gibberish they have been pawning off on us the past few years.

What a bonus for all those in attendance to see one of the former Beatles perform live. Not bad for a guy in his 60's. Still sounds pretty good. I hope those in charge of future half time shows learn from this.

Justin Timberlake & Janet Jackson = RJ

McCartney = priceless

They were ALL good songs and it was a decent halftime show.

230364[/snapback]

I have to agree. Second-best halftime show ever (behind U2 three years ago).

However, the choirs from the service academies doing the Star-Spangled Banner was the best rendition of the national anthem I've ever heard at the Super Bowl, ahead of Whitney Houston.

Mike

I thought that it was awesome.  Usually they try to get 4 pop acts and stuff them all into 15 minutes and you get  15 minutes of sh--.  I hope this is a new trend where they get one GREAT performer and let him/her/them play for 15 minutes and rock the house.

230598[/snapback]

Next year, since the Super Bowl is in Detroit (?!?!?!?), I would like to see the NFL do a tribute to Motown for the halftime show.

Can you imagine Aretha and Smokey Robinson bringing down the house at Ford Field?

Mike

Next year, since the Super Bowl is in Detroit (?!?!?!?), I would like to see the NFL do a tribute to Motown for the halftime show.

Can you imagine Aretha and Smokey Robinson bringing down the house at Ford Field?

Mike

231045[/snapback]

Great idea, wouldn't be surprised to see it happen.

Mike

231045[/snapback]

You know who is from Detriot.........

EMINEM! :lol:

Why isn't anybody acknowleding the 80% lipsinking that Sir Paul was doing? :lol: Good show nonetheless...

The mike covers were just big enough to hide his lips!!

I really liked the images on the stage ramps.

230661[/snapback]

McCartney WAS NOT lipsyching. What in hell gave you that idea?

The fact that his voice cracked a little on the Live and Let Die high scream (at the end of the phrase "give 'em helllll!") should be proof enough. Somebody else suggested to me he wasn't playing the bass because his hands weren't moving. McCartney is a very efficient bass player and he positions his right hand on the neck in such a way that he doen't have to do a lot of movement of the arm or wrist. It's done mostly with his fingers and he can hit most of the needed notes between the 4th and 8th frets.

Hey Jude was saved until last because it's the most anthemic and allowed an opportunity to get the crowd involved with the placards and sing-a-long.

Helter Skelter would have been a terrible choice for the occasion. Great screaming toe-tapper in it's day, but the Manson conotations and the fact that it lyrically means nothing to most people, would be reason enough to not choose it. She's a Woman, though a good mid-60's rocker, would be kind of stupid for a grandfather in his 60's to be singing. One of Macs greatest songs was Maybe I'm Amazed, but it is hard as hell to sing in it's original key. He was just barely able to hit it 15 years ago, and I'd be real surprised if he includes it as part of the song list for his upcoming tour.

I really liked having a single artist with his song catalog and preforming talent do the halftime. I really didn't like the idea of trying to fit in 8 different acts into one halftime.

This year they want for quality over quantity.

Little side note:

Today is the 41st anniversary of the Beatles first arrival to the U.S. - except for George, who'd jammed at a VFW club in Illinois a few months earlier (true).