Patriots locker room attendant implicated in Deflate gate

• Replies 817
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Patriots won't win if they can't cheat. They can't cheat because they're under a microscope because it's the SB. Probably the same reason they were undefeated in 2007 and then lost in the Bowl to the Giants. The league supplies the balls for the SB.

I disagree on the won't win if can't cheat part--they are a good team, which makes the cheating part odd (and personally I do believe they cheat, in many ways). I also wonder if the use of NFL provided balls may have had something to do with Tommy's less than normal performances in the last 2 SB's. In particular, that early intentional grounding floater that seemed to get away from him as a safety in the last SB.

Especially with the resulting headlines. "Patriots Come Out Flat, Superbowl Hopes Deflated."

Now you're just teasing me. We can't get THAT lucky, can we?

I guess I have to grudgingly acknowledge how good they are, because I am always convinced they will win at this point.

lol @ the gauge being off. First the weather thing. Then the NFL conspiring against the Patriots. Now gauges being off. Next:

ancient-aliens-guy.jpg

If you read my posts, you would know I am not saying the gauge was off. Peter King stated all 24 balls tested correctly post game. What we are to assume based on so called leaked reports, is that the Colts balls were checked pre game and post game. I have yet to see a story stating they had their 12 checked at half time too. Pats on the other hand were checked pre game, in game, and post game.

So my question is, if the Pats checked out pre game and post game correctly, just like the Colts...then we need to know if the Pats balls had any more air put in them or not at halftime and if they checked the Colts balls too then. Assuming Peter King is right, then the answers to those questions will determine if that info helps or hurts the Pats case.

And its funny and awesome you brought that Aliens guy up...this is very much like his show. On that show, they speculate on stuff and most of the "experts" on there draw absolute conclusions every episode that it was Aliens despite having no concrete info. I totally believe in Aliens and find the show interesting, but they are over the top on a lot of the stuff they say were for certain aliens lol.

Edited by Alphadawg7

Marrone self-implodes, Rex Ryan comes on, Patriots get caught cheating. If the Pats get flattened in the Superbowl...best off-season EVER. :w00t:

AND we haven't even gotten to roster moves yet, which I suspect will be exciting with an owner who thinks we are close and is willing to spend :thumbsup:

If there is truly nothing to this then WOW is Goodell finished.

That tells me there IS something to this, but the NFL cannot label the Patriots* cheaters right before the Super Bowl.

Mid-February is the perfect time to reach judgement. People will have moved on for the most part from the NFL for a couple months.

AND we haven't even gotten to roster moves yet, which I suspect will be exciting with an owner who thinks we are close and is willing to spend :thumbsup:

If the Pats lose the Superbowl, no roster move can be as tasty as this great big juicy piece of schadenfreude I'm enjoying right now...

Yeah, this has been pretty exciting to say the least for Bills fans this off season! Cant wait til free agency!

If you read my posts, you would know I am not saying the gauge was off. Peter King stated all 24 balls tested correctly post game. What we are to assume based on so called leaked reports, is that the Colts balls were checked pre game and post game. I have yet to see a story stating they had their 12 checked at half time too. Pats on the other hand were checked pre game, in game, and post game.

So my question is, if the Pats checked out pre game and post game correctly, just like the Colts...then we need to know if the Pats balls had any more air put in them or not at halftime and if they checked the Colts balls too then. Assuming Peter King is right, then the answers to those questions will determine if that info helps or hurts the Pats case.

And its funny and awesome you brought that Aliens guy up...this is very much like his show. On that show, they speculate on stuff and most of the "experts" on there draw absolute conclusions every episode that it was Aliens despite having no concrete info. I totally believe in Aliens and find the show interesting, but they are over the top on a lot of the stuff they say were for certain aliens lol.

Oh I know, I didn't necessarily mean you were using that excuse, just that it's another one Pats fans are using since the weather excuse was proven wrong. Nothing short of actual video showing someone deflating the balls will convince them the team cheated.

If the Pats lose the Superbowl, no roster move can be as tasty as this great big juicy piece of schadenfreude I'm enjoying right now...

Every time the Pats get pissed off at the media or the NFL, they go on a rampage. After spy gate they came out and broke every offensive record damn near the next season and ran the score up on everyone. After the KC game where Bradys future was questioned, they went on a war path and haven't stopped since. So I can't decide if this is a "distraction" that will hurt them or if they are going to be pissed off and its going to bring out the best in them.

GO HAWKS!

Are you German Tom? My girl is German and I am secretly learning it right now and I actually knew that word despite I barely know anything in German yet hahahah. Go Rosetta Stone! lol

Bills are here to stay, new stadium, New England*'s reputation in tatters, Sabres looking good to get a generational prospect...

Maybe this is the law of averages paying off for Buffalo sports fans.

But I just cannot see the Patriots* losing this Super Bowl. They know this is their last shot with Brady. If they lose here they will be 3-3, and have the cheating talk hanging over them and everyone in America will be making even more jokes at their expense.

The Hawks are young and super talented, but most of them have their entire careers ahead of them still. They are not desperately trying to salvage their legacy.

The Patriots* will be playing for their entire careers/legacies. They will want to shut up the haters. They want to prove to the world that they are a great team.

The Hawks defense will be game. I just don't see their offense being good enough.

Even as bad as last SB was, if you really go back and look again Denver left so many points on the field. Denver moved the ball then made 1 stupid mistake over and over again to turn it over or lose it on downs.

New England* does not make those mistakes.

Even right before half, it's 15-0 Hawks. Denver is driving right down the field when a pass is tipped by a DL and returned for a pick 6.

Game.

However, without that tip it is very likely 15-7 at half, which is a totally different game than 22-0. Take a way a stupid bad snap over Manning's head and it's 13-7 at the half.

My point is that as lopsided as last SB was, it very easily could have been different.

New England* does not make mistakes.

I am NOT stating this is what happened, I am asking questions based around the Peter King comment. I have no hidden agenda, just addressing information coming out like the rest of us as it doesn't all align. F the Pats, but just because I am not a Pats fan doesn't mean I am going to be quick to convict on unconfirmed rumors, many of which contradict each other or have proven to be incorrect up to this point.

You see, unlike many others, I am not pretending to know what we don't know. The truth is we all know nothing because NOTHING has officially been released. You don't know if it was 1 ball, 11 balls, 2 PSI, 1 PSI, some more than others, etc etc. You don't know if they balls were inflated by the refs at half time. You don't know if all 24 balls were checked after the game. You don't know if only the Pats balls were checked at half time.

Its all speculation and there are a number of stories that contradict themselves here, been flat out inaccurate, etc. Which is it...11 balls 2 PSI under, or one 1 ball with the others not as much? There are two stories claiming both.

So the questions that absolutely has to be known, if we are to assume the Peter King statement is true that all 24 balls were test after the game and were correct air pressure, are:

1. Did the Colts also have their 12 game balls checked at Halftime?

2. What was the Colts pre game PSI set at, and what did it test at later? (just because its a legal PSI still post game doesn't mean it didn't fluctuate).

3. Did the refs inflate the Pats balls at halftime?

All of this is directly related to Peter King saying ALL 24 balls checked out correctly after the game. Before the significance of that information can be understood (as it can really hurt or really help the Pats case), those 3 questions must have accurate answers to see how it impacts. Right now those are not known and I only see a lot speculation and assumptions in terms of that info.

And don't underestimate how poorly this is being handled by the NFL

You don't know if they put more air in the balls...just like you don't know how many balls, or how much PSI as there are contradicting stories on that. Thats the point...

It's been reported all over that the Colts balls were checked the same way at the half.

ESPN Sports Radio 810 in Kansas City reported that the Patriots' footballs were tested at the half, reinflated at that time when they were found to be low, then put back in play for the second half, and then tested again after the game. The report did not reveal the results of the test following the game. All of the balls the Colts used met standards, according to the report.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/21/report-nfl-planned-to-inspect-patriots-football-before-dqwell-jackson-interception/

http://deadspin.com/report-nfl-was-aware-of-patriots-deflation-allegations-1680914291