Patriots announce press conf for 1/24

YoloinOhio

Pats can do their own.

What was explicitly missing from his statement was anything that happens on the sidelines with the balls. He only covered preparation, which is something people haven't really questioned.

It will be a ball boy or an assistant director of equipment ops -- they will find DNA on an inflation/deflation needle.. and they will stop there. Meanwhile Colonel Jessup who ordered the code red will walk away with a small fine...and a lost 7th rounder.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I the only one who thinks that the BB tests lacked the necessary randomization required to be a legitimate test? Our QBs couldn't tell the difference between 1 PSI in the balls. That means Brady and Garapollo checked them out. Tom what do you think? Oh this is the underinfalted one! BB. Thats wrong Tom sorry. Guess Tom can't tell. Move on.

that was funny. Like a skit or something....

OK I figured it out and spent the past week researching and testinh. We didn't do anything illegal. Im not a scientist but it was x y and z. Ill answer some questions and we are going to be completely open and cooperatve.

WHY DID YOU ASK ME ABOUT THAT? BALLS ARENT IMPORTANT IM NOT A SCIENTIST!

DC Tom is right. The whole thing was about something that has nothing to do with what allegedly happened. Distract, distract, distract.

Not only that, but his whole explanation amounted to the balls being 1psi different from when they started, and all of the patriots deflated balls were twice that amount.

Am I the only one who thinks that the BB tests lacked the necessary randomization required to be a legitimate test? Our QBs couldn't tell the difference between 1 PSI in the balls. That means Brady and Garapollo checked them out. Tom what do you think? Oh this is the underinfalted one! BB. Thats wrong Tom sorry. Guess Tom can't tell. Move on.

I don't know that they've had time, in three days, for that level of rigor. Myself, with what I have available, I'd need a week.

The damning thing about this investigation is the failure to invite the league to participate. "Hey, we're going to go through preparation for the next three days. Send some people to go through it with us."

If they'd done that, this would have more credibility. A separate investigation, now they can be accused of trying to snow the league and confuse the issue.

I think most other franchises would do this...they would want to clear their name if they truly didn't alter the inflation of the balls..however this is the most opaque franchise in sports..and they will do anything to gain an ounce of competitive advantage including making their own interpretation of the rules. While Kraft seems like a likable and honorable individual he knows what he has in Belichick and gives him full control.

My initial reaction to the issue when it came out early in the week was that this was relatively inconsequential to the game that happened and that it is simply a misdirection away from another area that they are cheating in. The way that they have mishandled the press conferences and PR in the days following leads me to reaffirm that belief. They could have come clean in certain ways that didn't leave any sense of question as to their motives, but instead they continue to throw out phrases that keep everyone on their tail ... on this subject. This would keep the attention from whatever else they may be trying to do.

I know ... I should probably be wearing a tin foil hat, but since my initial gut reaction has been confirmed by what I see ...

Not only that, but his whole explanation amounted to the balls being 1psi different from when they started, and all of the patriots deflated balls were twice that amount.

That's what I said: he addressed preparation, when the specific allegations occur afterwards, which he didn't address.

Tom, is it really possible vigouroisly rubbing the balls could get them to go up 1.5 PSI?

Is he saying this ruining occurs right before they turn them in?

Did Brady. It say they practice withy he balls he wants?

And was I hnderstanding him correctly the refs then pump up the balls themselves to 12.5?

I am really friggen lost

My initial reaction to the issue when it came out early in the week was that this was relatively inconsequential to the game that happened and that it is simply a misdirection away from another area that they are cheating in. The way that they have mishandled the press conferences and PR in the days following leads me to reaffirm that belief. They could have come clean in certain ways that didn't leave any sense of question as to their motives, but instead they continue to throw out phrases that keep everyone on their tail ... on this subject. This would keep the attention from whatever else they may be trying to do.

I know ... I should probably be wearing a tin foil hat, but since my initial gut reaction has been confirmed by what I see ...

That's the other thing, too...they keep feeding the beast. If it's such a non-issue, why do you keep having press conferences on it?

Tom, is it really possible vigouroisly rubbing the balls could get them to go up 1.5 PSI?

Is he saying this ruining occurs right before they turn them in?

Did Brady. It say they practice withy he balls he wants?

And was I hnderstanding him correctly the refs then pump up the balls themselves to 12.5?

I am really friggen lost

Didn't Brady say he picks the balls and then no one touches them after that? That doesn't seem to be what Bill is saying.

Im still waiting for somebody to tell me why when the balls were changed at halftime and measured after the game to be fine why during the first half they lost 2 PSI? Different atmospheric conditions? LOL

Edited by moreproblemsthanOrton

That's the other thing, too...they keep feeding the beast. If it's such a non-issue, why do you keep having press conferences on it?

Exactly ... they aren't making it go away AT ALL ... they are making it worse. And as much as I want them all to resign and go away, BB is way too smart to be getting everyone to pursue this without wanting us to.

The other thing that completely makes no sense, is he said they tested it this week, after the game and found out the preparation raised the psi 1pd. The only way that helps their reasoning is if they knew this beforehand, set it at 11.5 so the added psi would make it 12.5 at measurement and then revert later to its normal desired amount.

But of course, according to him, they didn't know any of this before the game.

Oh, and the balls were 2 psi under, not 1.