Pepper Johnson to Jets, DL Coach

boyst

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is a nice hire for the Jets. They are building a really good staff.

Looks like it to me also. A great Head coach \ D minded. A really good O.C. and some good position coaches. They have made some nice up grades. Can`t wait till the end of next season to see who improves more. The Bills or Jets.

Bowles never been HC before

Gailey should be well known as an average OC at best. I am being generous when I say average.

They lost a better D-Line coach and ended up with Pepper who only wanted to be a DC.

Looks like it to me also. A great Head coach \ D minded. A really good O.C. and some good position coaches. They have made some nice up grades. Can`t wait till the end of next season to see who improves more. The Bills or Jets.

Bills will be better improved for the simple fact they have the better staff and talent. Jets might win 6 games if they're lucky.

Edited by Beef Jerky

I'd hold off on calling Bowles a great hire but Chan/April/Pepper have proven track records. I know nothing about their D coordinator that came over from Miami

pepper only has one year as a DL coach. He was LB coach in NE. I think he did a great job but hard for me to say he has a proven track record as a DL coach looking at the talent he had in Bflo. He will inherit 2 players with similar talent in NJ. Edited by YoloinOhio

Gailey should be well known as an average OC at best. I am being generous when I say average.

Wrong.

Gailey is a very good OC. He is just like LeBeau - best at a coordinator position. Your memory of him as a HC clouds your judgement.

But position coaches don't matter. so I've read here....