Patience for the 2015 Bills Season - Joe Licata 2016!

Vinaccia

Hey everybody,

This is my first post. After reading this forum for years and enjoying all the discussions you guys have had, I decided to finally contribute myself. I am originally from Hamburg, NY living in Brooklyn currently. I would like to thank all of you for the informative discussions, fun topics, and devotion to the Buffalo Bills.

Now on to the substantive discussion. I understand Bills fans have frustration with how the Bills have been playing after Jim Kelly. However I do believe this is the start of a new GREAT era. I think the main focus for Bills fans should be PATIENCE. I know, I know, Bills fans have had patience and remained loyal despite the losing seasons and for all the money Bill's fans have put into this team, there should have been more winning seasons. The coaches and players are paid millions to be competitors for the upcoming/current seasons and NOT the future. The term rebuilding is just an excuse for an inadequate execution of the game.

The truth of the matter is that there is NO upgrade to EJ Manuel for 2015. We all know that in this league a franchise QB is the most important player. However, veteran free agents aren't anything to write home about and franchise QBs are in a shortage these years. EJ doesn't demand a high salary and without the oppressive restraint of Doug Marrone I believe he can get creative - just watch the 2013 highlights of EJ Manuel. In fact Rex Ryan is encouraging him to run more and not be overly worried about injuries. I feel that the negative feedback has been completely blown out of proportion for EJ. My idea is that Rex Ryan will be creative and will bring us another winning season in 2016.

However, the Bills need to be serious about taking Joe Licata in 2016. We need a smart, accurate, athletic QB that has the ability to read defenses. Joe Licata has all of these traits. This kid is under the radar because he is not at an elite football university. He has an amazing passion for the Bills having grown up in Williamsville. He also set all types of Western New York records. Jim Kelly has praised him in the past. And most of all he is an amazing accurate passer with a very good arm. Look, it is time to scout talent as the two QB's in the Superbowl now were not 1st round draft picks. Joe Licata in October went 35 of 50 for 401 yards and 5 touchdowns against Army. In the second half he almost brought the Bulls back to life from a huge deficit and went 27 of 35 for 320 yards. He has an amazing work ethic and strives to win. Enough talk about the inaccurate QB's of the 2015 draft class. He is 6'2 and a sturdy 240 pounds. Patience for 2015 and get your hometown franchise QB in 2016!

Edited by Vinaccia

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

However, the Bills need to be serious about taking Joe Licata in 2016. We need a smart, accurate, athletic QB that has the ability to read defenses. Joe Licata has all of these traits. This kid is under the radar because he is not at an elite football university. He has an amazing passion for the Bills having grown up in Williamsville. He also set all types of Western New York records. Jim Kelly has praised him in the past. And most of all he is an amazing accurate passer with a very good arm. Look, it is time to scout talent as the two QB's in the Superbowl now were not 1st round draft picks. Joe Licata in October went 35 of 50 for 401 yards and 5 touchdowns against Army. In the second half he almost brought the Bulls back to life from a huge deficit and went 27 of 35 for 320 yards. He has an amazing work ethic and strives to win. Enough talk about the inaccurate QB's of the 2015 draft class. He is 6'2 and a sturdy 240 pounds. Patience for 2015 and get your hometown franchise QB in 2016!

Welcome to the baoard, this was all you really needed to say no one wants to read a book , Who does this kid play for would be useful information, and it's Connor Cook for 2016.

Zevo - please elaborate on how he is a train wreck in the MAC. Furthermore what is wrong with his reads, accuracy, and skill set? I am looking for substantive argument rather than mere opinion.

DC Tom - Perhaps you misunderstood me. I am not choosing to look ahead and analyze the 2016 draft rather than reiterate that a quick fix this year at QB is not very likely and money shouldn't be wasted on QB's that are not going to produce more competitive results.

Heyyyyyyo, look who popped his cherry !! (sorry, I had a Goodfellas scene in mind)

Welcome to the board and for your OP - I am not a voluminous poster myself but like you have always enjoyed the informative & entertaining banter here. It's especially gratifying being an ex-pat, staying connected no matter where I live or travel in the U.S. Bills Nation around the world is a tight fraternity, and we should all be proud.

I, too, think great things are in store and we are moving in the right direction with the right people.

Cool, where did you go? And a great coach is a great coach. I think UB'd new AD is a star and has crushed the Hurley and Leipold hirings.

Buff state. In 2012 we broke their 46 game winning streak. Best sports memory of my life.

That being said, his team was big, physical and dominant. I'm not sure if he is an offensive or defensive guy but I expect that he will bring in too tier talent

Buff state. In 2012 we broke their 46 game winning streak. Best sports memory of my life.

That being said, his team was big, physical and dominant. I'm not sure if he is an offensive or defensive guy but I expect that he will bring in too tier talent

Much respect. You should get a job on the staff then. Cheers!

Hey everybody,

This is my first post. After reading this forum for years and enjoying all the discussions you guys have had, I decided to finally contribute myself. I am originally from Hamburg, NY living in Brooklyn currently. I would like to thank all of you for the informative discussions, fun topics, and devotion to the Buffalo Bills.

Now on to the substantive discussion. I understand Bills fans have frustration with how the Bills have been playing after Jim Kelly. However I do believe this is the start of a new GREAT era. I think the main focus for Bills fans should be PATIENCE. I know, I know, Bills fans have had patience and remained loyal despite the losing seasons and for all the money Bill's fans have put into this team, there should have been more winning seasons. The coaches and players are paid millions to be competitors for the upcoming/current seasons and NOT the future. The term rebuilding is just an excuse for an inadequate execution of the game.

The truth of the matter is that there is NO upgrade to EJ Manuel for 2015. We all know that in this league a franchise QB is the most important player. However, veteran free agents aren't anything to write home about and franchise QBs are in a shortage these years. EJ doesn't demand a high salary and without the oppressive restraint of Doug Marrone I believe he can get creative - just watch the 2013 highlights of EJ Manuel. In fact Rex Ryan is encouraging him to run more and not be overly worried about injuries. I feel that the negative feedback has been completely blown out of proportion for EJ. My idea is that Rex Ryan will be creative and will bring us another winning season in 2016.

Thanks for contributing.

Licata does not have an NFL arm or anything remotely close to it.

really great hire for UB

Hey everybody,

i've only seen Licata play a few times, one was at OSU last year. He wasn't bad. OSU's defense was not very good then (secondary especially) and he took advantage a few times with Alex Neutz. Kahlil Mack stole the show so that's all I remember, haha.