Report: Chip planning to move up for Mariota

YoloinOhio

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bucky Brooks has Mariota at 18 on his big board. That's two spots higher than the Eagles draft.

Seems awfully low to me, but last yr QBs went 3 and 22.

Well, if thats the case, then yes I can see it happening...I should have clarified that I still believe that Mariota will go in the top 10, and maybe top 5. I still think he's the first QB off the board unless something happens at the combine to lower his stock. Even if he's the second one, I just don't see him getting out of the top 10, but you never know, guys have slid many times, and even into other rounds. But my belief is that he still goes top 10 at this point.

Wow.

Moving from #20 to #1 or #2?

The Eagles will be left with nothing after that trade goes through

CBF

The Eagles will have to part with 20, 52, and next years 1st along with packaging Foles (Or trading Foles for picks and adding those picks into a package).

Lets say you get a 2nd and a 4th for Foles, you could then package that with picks 20, 52, another mid round pick and a future 1st. But I am not sure that the Eagles would still have enough to move up. Maybe adding in more future picks would put the trade over the top.

The Eagles will have to part with 20, 52, and next years 1st along with packaging Foles (Or trading Foles for picks and adding those picks into a package).

Lets say you get a 2nd and a 4th for Foles, you could then package that with picks 20, 52, another mid round pick and a future 1st. But I am not sure that the Eagles would still have enough to move up. Maybe adding in more future picks would put the trade over the top.

foles is 14-4 I believe under Kelly. For what its worth was a pro bowler last year and I believe was MVP. he is what 26. Chip Kelly does not follow the Bills past coaching tree(s) with players or philophsy. meaning he is the innovative coach Marrone was supposed to be. That said Even though he (Kelly) may covet Mariotta who he coached for only one year. i doubt he unlike some front office staffers in the league would put all his chips in on Mariotta. Foles isn't going anywhere if anything he sits on the bench. he is a Prospect that many teams would like on their team. kelly and the Eagles can make QB's look average at worst.

foles is 14-4 I believe under Kelly. For what its worth was a pro bowler last year and I believe was MVP. he is what 26. Chip Kelly does not follow the Bills past coaching tree(s) with players or philophsy. meaning he is the innovative coach Marrone was supposed to be. That said Even though he (Kelly) may covet Mariotta who he coached for only one year. i doubt he unlike some front office staffers in the league would put all his chips in on Mariotta. Foles isn't going anywhere if anything he sits on the bench. he is a Prospect that many teams would like on their team. kelly and the Eagles can make QB's look average at worst.

Kelly's record without Foles starting isn't good.

GM's are afraid to draft QB's. Miss on a CB early and oh well. Miss on A QB early and they usually get fired.

Didn't Atlanta move way up to get Julio Jones? Think he was drafted 4th, but I remember they gave up a kings ransom...

he was taken 6th I believe but they did move way up and gave up a lot. If you look at the Browns use (mid-use) of the picks they basically only gave up the equivalent of Phil Taylor, but can't really judge it that way since we don't know who ATL would have taken with those picks. Edited by YoloinOhio

No way this happens as it will just be too expensive.

I think that Chip winning the power play a few weeks ago means that he was given the green light by the owner to do whatever it takes to get Marriota.

I think that Chip will eventually trade both LeSean McCoy and Nick Foles for draft picks and use what they get in those trades plus additional Eagle draft picks to move up to get him.

The only NFL team 100% comfortable in drafting Marriota is the Eagles so it will happen one way or the other.

Edited by 1billsfan

Talk about lazy reporting. This is similar to the Bills drafting Nassib in the 1st because Marrone was the coach there.

In all fairness, the Philly area reporters and sports radio guys seem to think Chip has a real interest in Mariota. There is also the fact that Mariota looks much better (or at least has done more than) Nassib.