Marrone to Texans?

chris heff

This is big joke, there is no other person interviewing for the job, please just stop with BS reports to pump this loser up.

thats because the job does not exist. There was no OC there last year by choice. There isn't an opening. It's hilarious that he's the "front runner" for the fake job.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have a weird feeling that Marrone ends up at Alabama as the OC. There is really no reason to think this and I have no idea what his relationship is like with Saban. They are about to lose Kiffin and Marrone seems to want to play that power style that Saban likes. In addition, it's the highest paid job left. St. Nick & St. Doug in Tuscaloosa?? It makes sense to me.

marrone resigned from his job before he was let go. its a class move by Terry.

pegula had Rex in his sights all along. he got one of the best NFL coaches for a 5 year deal, and improved his team.

if i owned the team, i'd have played it the same way Terry did. he liked whaley better than marrone, and one of them had to go. we upgraded in a big way, now just hope Pepper Johnson comes back to his old spot on the staff, which looks like it might happen.

pegula had Rex in his sights all along. he got one of the best NFL coaches for a 5 year deal, and improved his team.

if i owned the team, i'd have played it the same way Terry did. he liked whaley better than marrone, and one of them had to go. we upgraded in a big way, now just hope Pepper Johnson comes back to his old spot on the staff, which looks like it might happen.

Marrone was not leaving $4m on the table by resigning...just no friggen way. This narrative just does not work

Marrone was not leaving $4m on the table by resigning...just no friggen way. This narrative just does not work

You beat me to it. I agree 100%. Doug would have also come off as a bit of a sympathetic character as well. Getting fired...after coaching Bills to first winning season in ten years? How unfair! Team likely would have given him positive comments etc. He issues statement of thanks to bills fans.

He pockets 8million, moves on... and likely gets more consideration for a head coach or coordinator position.

never know, they saved $4mm vs firing him

Yep, but do oyu think Marrone wants $4m or being able to say "i resigned vs being fired"..as BillsFan MD says above, he becomes way more sympathetic and not only has an extra $4M from Uncle Terry, prolly has a HC job somewhere.

Yep, but do oyu think Marrone wants $4m or being able to say "i resigned vs being fired"..as BillsFan MD says above, he becomes way more sympathetic and not only has an extra $4M from Uncle Terry, prolly has a HC job somewhere.

as things have unfolded, better for his reputation to have been fired

as things have unfolded, better for his reputation to have been fired

If Moron had simply kept his mouth shut after leaving his reputation would have been fine; nobody would have "blamed" him for leaving the job and he could have spun it as a difference in philosophy with Whaley and Pegula. He could have issued the obligatory "thank you" press release, spoken with his captains, and he'd probably be the HC of the New Jersey Jets right now.

He screwed himself by mouthing off to Polian afterwards, as well as his error of omission in not expressing any gratitude to the Bills organization.

Edited by eball

I think Marrone over played his hand, nothing more. He tried to leverage Pegula with the opt out. He wanted an extension for himself and coaches, in particular Hackett. Pegula called his bluff. Edited by chris heff

I think Marrone over played his hand, nothing more. He tried to leverage Pegula with the opt out. He wanted an extension for himself and coaches, in particular Hackett. Pegula called his bluff.

He really screwed the AC's. So many are out of work now and without the opt out money. When the HC persuades people to join him must use stability as a selling point...both in the form of how committed they are to the team, or on the off chance they leave making sure they're taken care of. Now he's actually competing against his former OC for the jags opening .... mini crap show really. Edited by JTSP

4m is a lot of money to a coach, obviously.

On that front, before the Polian and badmouthing the Bills stuff sank Marrone's job status, and set off much more Marrone bashing, he was about to get a job. Very, very likely. So he would have got $4m from Bills, plus say 4-16 from new team. That's 20m. If he gets fired, while he would get $8m from the Bills, he still likely would have got a job and the 4-16m payday, which would result in nothing from the Bills. So he would in effect lose 4m in the firing, not gain it. 4-16 total not 4-20 total.

That's if he got a HC job in 2015. At the time of the decision that was very, very likely. Until he opened his mouth.

I have a weird feeling that Marrone ends up at Alabama as the OC. There is really no reason to think this and I have no idea what his relationship is like with Saban. They are about to lose Kiffin and Marrone seems to want to play that power style that Saban likes. In addition, it's the highest paid job left. St. Nick & St. Doug in Tuscaloosa?? It makes sense to me.

omg I would love to see that. Please happen.

Hmm. Leroi 'reported' that Marrone was offered the OC job in Jax. Is that not true ?

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/175422-this-is-too-funny-marrone-trys-for-jax-oc/page-11?do=findComment&comment=3429088

it was reported everywhere else that he interviewed, but not that he was offered. They have continued to interview. So who knows. Unless Leroi knows Marrone, Sexton or the Jax staff not sure he would know that but you never know.

Edit: Here we go-

@BigCatCountry: According to source, #Jaguars staff headed to Senior Bowl, but Khan is coming to Jacksonville to get deal done with Gase, Marrone and Olson.

Looks to be an OL or QB coach position; if Gase is in the picture it won't be OC

Edited by YoloinOhio