Marrone to Texans?

chris heff

#downgoesbortles

I'm not a Marrone fan after this year. But IMO this is a terrible decision for him on a personal level. If he does pretty well as an OL coach in Jax he's probably no better off. People think of him as a good OL coach even though ours sucked this year and a lot was him.

But...

If Bortles gets sacked a lot, which is likely to happen, and the Jags don't run well either, which is entirely possible if not likely, who is going to want to hire Marrone for even an OC job? His NFL career might be shot. He's better off taking a consultant job or sitting this year out and building some relationships with people.

Edited by Kelly the Dog

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm not a Marrone fan after this year. But IMO this is a terrible decision for him on a personal level. If he does pretty well as an OL coach in Jax he's probably no better off. People think of him as a good OL coach even though ours sucked this year and a lot was him.

But...

If Bortles gets sacked a lot, which is likely to happen, and the Jags don't run well either, which is entirely possible if not likely, who is going to want to hire Marrone for even an OC job? His NFL career might be shot. He's better off taking a consultant job or sitting this year out and building some relationships with people.

You know what irks me? The guy has still not put out one single statement of gratitude or appreciation to the Bills for giving him his first NFL HC opportunity.

It's really inexcusable.

You know what irks me? The guy has still not put out one single statement of gratitude or appreciation to the Bills for giving him his first NFL HC opportunity.

It's really inexcusable.

anyone else wonder if there was a gag order attached to the 4 mill? It's the only explanation for no statements. Pegula put one out, and that was it. Just wondering...

It's really inexcusable.

He really seems like who he has been portrayed as, and there isn't a lot of people coming to his defense.

anyone else wonder if there was a gag order attached to the 4 mill? It's the only explanation for no statements. Pegula put one out, and that was it. Just wondering...

I hear ya, but a jointly drafted statement for release could have been worked out toot sweet.

Who cares about Marrone anymore!

The guy is ignored for HC spots and he totally screwed his assistants, none of whom have jobs now. Nice going Doug. He is branded forever. Hope he can sleep at night. Good for us. We got our franchise coach a year earlier than it would have happened otherwise. All good. Onward.