Bring Back the Red Helmets!

Bring back the Red Helmets! Since their is a topic blaming the move to SJF for training camp on the playoff drought it's just as logical to blame the color of the helmets.

BTW... At least bring them back as throw back uniform instead of the standing Buffalo that seems to lose most of the time. Ut oh superstition strikes again. :}

If you bring back the red helmets it would mean instead of all blue uni's they would have all red uni's & that would look TERRIBLE !!!!

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No red helmets. They are atrocious. What we need to do is revamp our logo and uniforms just like the patriots did when they sucked. From a marketing standpoint we want people outside of buffalo to purchase merchandise because of style. Stop living in the 70s people.

No thanks. Their unis suck more now than they did with patriot Pete. As for trying to jazz up and "modernize", that's exactly what they did when they killed us with those f***ed up pinstripe eyesores. God I'm glad that's over.

What we need to do is revamp our logo and uniforms just like the patriots did when they sucked. From a marketing standpoint we want people outside of buffalo to purchase merchandise because of style. Stop living in the 70s people.

Ridiculous. Tell that to the Packers, Bears, Cowboys, Raiders, Steelers and any number of teams who have stood pat with classic & timeless unis. The Bills current threads are in that category. They are the best in the league, IMO. The perfect blend of red, white, & blue...the real 'America's Team'. Red is my favorite color and I NEVER want the Bills to go away from the white helmet. I thought I'd hate the blue on blue worn for the GB game but I actually thought it looked sharp. The blue on blue abominations ushered in during the Donahoe era were the worst. Biggest mistake since the Sabres went to the black & red unis with the 'goat head' logo (ugh). When the Bills went to the current unis in 2011, I was overjoyed. As for the Patriots*, their current unis are one of the worst in the league. The flying Elvis on the helmets is dopey looking.

Why must this be brought up every week? Our current unis are the best we've ever had. The red helmets were ugly. The only reason anyone likes them is because it represents a time when we dominated the afc

Thank you. Seems like every couple months somebody starts opining for the red helmets. No thanks...they served their purpose and they need to stay in the team archives. Why mess with perfection which is what they have now?

Hate the red helmets. Our best uniforms are the all white. All blue wasn't bad, but once a year! Not a fan of the blue pants. I'm wondering why we've never had red jerseys? Might be a nice look once in a great while.

You may get your wish on Thursday Nights starting in 2016...or you may get something entirely atrocious. Be careful what you wish for.

http://www.bizjournals.com/portland/blog/threads_and_laces/2014/10/report-nfl-considers-alternate-nike-uniform.html

http://www.uni-watch.com/2014/10/09/nfl-owners-propose-new-nike-unfiorms-for-thursday-night-games/

Bring back the Red Helmets! Since their is a topic blaming the move to SJF for training camp on the playoff drought it's just as logical to blame the color of the helmets.

BTW... At least bring them back as throw back uniform instead of the standing Buffalo that seems to lose most of the time. Ut oh superstition strikes again. :}

They cannot use red as the throwback, new NFL rule a couple of years ago that they have to use the same helmet through th eyear, can only change decals, for concussion and fit purposes

As previously stated, at the time the Bills changed to red, the majority of the division had white helmets. Now that they went back to the white, it looks better and less confusion. White has also been the tradition of the Bills for so long. I personally like the standing buffalo, but understand I am the minority on this. Probably because when I started watching them, the standing buffalo was the thing. I would be happy though if they just kept what they have now.

I LOVE our Uniforms the way they are... But if anything did change, bring back the standing Buffalo...

As previously stated, at the time the Bills changed to red, the majority of the division had white helmets. Now that they went back to the white, it looks better and less confusion. White has also been the tradition of the Bills for so long. I personally like the standing buffalo, but understand I am the minority on this. Probably because when I started watching them, the standing buffalo was the thing. I would be happy though if they just kept what they have now.

Agree!!!!

Standing Buffalo and keep the WHITE HELMETS!!!!