Bring Back the Red Helmets!

Didnt feel like reading all the comments so this may have been said. But what about red helmets with the standing Buffalo...

Oh God NO!

They actually wore that once. A Thursday Night home game vs Denver in the Kelly era. The jerseys and socks looked great but the helmet was hideous! It looked like a flock of pigeons dumped on the team from above!

No. Never again!

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

at the time... Baltimore, Miami and Jets had similar white helmets with logo on the side

The Jests changed to the green helmets in the late ‘70s. The rest of the division had white helmets though.

Didnt feel like reading all the comments so this may have been said. But what about red helmets with the standing Buffalo...

Oh God NO!

They actually wore that once. A Thursday Night home game vs Denver in the Kelly era. The jerseys and socks looked great but the helmet was hideous! It looked like a flock of pigeons dumped on the team from above!

No. Never again!

We did that back in the ‘90s and IMO it looked really bad. I think it was for more than just the one game but I could be mistaken. It was during the NFL’s 75th anniversary and all sorts of teams wore throwbacks that year. Someone was too cheap (not naming names) to paint our red helmets white so we just used a white standing buffalo sticker rather than red.

Bills_94.gif

If you bring back the red helmets it would mean instead of all blue uni's they would have all red uni's & that would look TERRIBLE !!!!

Yes it would. Both the Cardinals and Texans have gone with the red on red in the past and I didn’t think either looked good. The Texans version was especially bad. At least with the Cardinals, red is a major part of their color scheme. The Giants red jerseys looked pretty bad to me as well so I’d like no part of a red jersey for us.

I really like the uniforms we have now and would prefer we keep them as is. I grew up watching the red helmets so I do like them, I just think what we have now is a cleaner, more classic look.

No uniform in all of sports can beat the current Bills - with the notable exception of the vomit bath blue-on-blue combo. White helmets with either charging or standing Buffalo is absolute perfection. The colors are perfection. Stick to blue over white at home, and rotate white over white or blue on the road. Maybe white-on-white for AFC roadies and white-on-blue for NFC roadies.

No. Our white helmets are the best in the league. I kind of like the symbology (intended or not) of a charging buffalo in the white snow. Red helmets are too much red with the red stripe coming from the horns.

White helmets are classic.

Standing buffalo. Yes!!

Red helmet was definitely a Fergie thing.

Current helmet is better. Personally, I prefer the classic standing buffalo.

Buffalo standing in a pool of blood? No thanks.

Edited by nikuman

White with the charging buffalo are the best. White jersey and blue pants and blue jersey white pants are classics

My feelings exactly! All white looks like a tampon, which is even worse with the red helmet!

This designer's ideas aren't too bad, although I don't like the wide shoulder stripe or the italic numbers on the jersey.

No red helmets. They are atrocious. What we need to do is revamp our logo and uniforms just like the patriots did when they sucked. From a marketing standpoint we want people outside of buffalo to purchase merchandise because of style. Stop living in the 70s people.

The Patriots' "Flying Elvis" logo is STILL atrocious and I don't think it was much of an improvement over their old "Pat" guy. Also, the Patriots started winning because Brady became their quarterback, not because of a uniform redesign.

Bring back the Red Helmets! Since their is a topic blaming the move to SJF for training camp on the playoff drought it's just as logical to blame the color of the helmets.

BTW... At least bring them back as throw back uniform instead of the standing Buffalo that seems to lose most of the time. Ut oh superstition strikes again. :}

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Cant do red helmet for throwback. NFL rule prohibits different helmets. That's why we cab do standing buffalo cuz its just a sticker swap.

btw, I like the blue/blue combo......get used to it, the players dug it

Yeah, like they said. First, the red helmet is ugly. No one liked them besides Fergeson. If they brought back a throw back, the helmet would still be white for the above mentioned reason. Notice the Jets dont wear the brown helmets anymore.