Priorities Now!

I'd go like this:

1 O-Line

2 QB

3 RB

4 TE

5 CB

I just think if we're going to power running game, we need to upgrade the O-line first, think EJ (or a retread) might be able to handle it for this year until we get someone better in here at QB. Again, if we're going with a power game, I'm not so thrilled with our RB's especially with Freddy getting older.

QB

OL

TE

CBF

Yeah. I thought about switching TE and CB. I'm kind of seduced by another CB to play opposite Gilmore in Rex's defesne.

I'd go like this:

1 O-Line

2 QB

3 RB

4 TE

5 CB

I just think if we're going to power running game, we need to upgrade the O-line first, think EJ (or a retread) might be able to handle it for this year until we get someone better in here at QB. Again, if we're going with a power game, I'm not so thrilled with our RB's especially with Freddy getting older.

You could be right, we may not have a clear indication of our QB/skill guys. A new stud line would definetly help them.

Doe's anybody think Rex will want to bring in his Nose guard from the Jets Damon Harrison who is a FA, and a good player? I'm wondering if he would have that as a higher priority.

QB

OG

DE (Hughes is a FA)

RB (Spiller is a FA)

TE

S (Searcy is a FA)

DT

I like Hughes. But, I think in Rex's defense his value just went down to us.

I'd go like this:

1 O-Line

2 QB

3 RB

4 TE

5 CB

I agree with you on the O-line upgrade. No point in getting a game-managing QB if the interior collapses at his feet. That'll make anyone look like Orton. I might jump TE ahead of RB or do a T-3. I don't think that you can establish a power running game without the threat of WRs or TEs who are able to run effective patterns (crosses) and move the sticks. To do that, we need an upgrade from our current staff.

.......I like Hughes. But, I think in Rex's defense his value just went down to us.

Maybe.....but he performed extremely well in 2013(similar stats to 2014) when we were using a Ryan style D.

Two Guards..although i think Urbik is serviceable. Better coaching and schemes i think are going to help as well

LT depending on Glenn..if he comes back to 13 form, we okay.

Athletic Tight End that creates mismatches and cannot be covered 1-1.

Good snacks in the locker room

I'd go like this:

1 O-Line

2 QB

3 RB

4 TE

5 CB

Agreed here. While one cant deny the importance of getting better QB play, we may be able to get what we need from EJ still, but that wont be possible without better OL play.

Additionally, there just doesnt seem to be a better QB option available via any channel right now, so better to concentrate on shoring up the OL and strengthening our run game.

What do we do with Chris Williams....who is under contract?

I agree that we need at least one more guard

Id keep him around to see what he does in camp against whatever new competition we bring in, but wouldnt be slow to cut him if he is a bum.

With new offensive coaches with different schemes and techniques, everyone gets to start fresh, imo.

Edited by DrDareustein

With Rex and Thurman in place, Roman on board, and Jim S gone. what are the current needs?

Mine are:

1. QB

2. Interior O-Line

3. Corner

4. TE

5. RB

Yours?

1. Interior O-Line - First and foremost the Bills need to run the ball better

2. TE - Like Chandler but we need a better option than Lee Smith

3. RB - Got to do something about the inconstant oft injured CJ Spiller

4. Corner - Always needed depth

5. QB

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

With Rex and Thurman in place, Roman on board, and Jim S gone. what are the current needs?

Mine are:

1. QB

2. Interior O-Line

3. Corner

4. TE

5. RB

Yours?

I've seen a few other posters have CB high on their draft board. Care to explain why? I see Gilmore + Graham as 2 CBs capable of covering opposing #1s. Roby, a perfect fit as nickel CB. Mckelvin, a fine backup that I would be fine with starting if graham or Gilmore get hurt. Drafted Cockrell in rd 4 last year. Potential. Ron brooks has had his bad moments, but also showed some improvement.

I'd have to put TE above CB in the "needs". We don't have any "good" tight ends. We have 3 good cbs and a decent CB IMO. Considering Hughes, Bryant and Wynn are all FAs, DL has to be ahead of CB as I can't envision us bringing them all back. Adding a NT would also be more beneficial than CB.

So why CB so high?

I've seen a few other posters have CB high on their draft board. Care to explain why? I see Gilmore + Graham as 2 CBs capable of covering opposing #1s. Roby, a perfect fit as nickel CB. Mckelvin, a fine backup that I would be fine with starting if graham or Gilmore get hurt. Drafted Cockrell in rd 4 last year. Potential. Ron brooks has had his bad moments, but also showed some improvement.

I'd have to put TE above CB in the "needs". We don't have any "good" tight ends. We have 3 good cbs and a decent CB IMO. Considering Hughes, Bryant and Wynn are all FAs, DL has to be ahead of CB as I can't envision us bringing them all back. Adding a NT would also be more beneficial than CB.

So why CB so high?

McKelvin and Graham arent getting any younger, and it seems that we lose at least 2 CBs to injury every year.

But more importantly, the most important component to Rex's defense are stud CBs that you can leave on islands.

The inability of Idzik to sign decent CBs is one of the major reasons for the Jets failures last year.

Edited by DrDareustein

What do we do with Chris Williams....who is under contract?

I agree that we need at least one more guard

I'm not sure how healthy he is. Best Guard in draft is AJ Cann from South Carolina likely to go in round 2. Also, Tre Jackson FSU could be available in RD 3. Best FAs are the much mentioned Mike Iupati. Also Clint Boling and James Carpenter might be cheaper options.