Priorities Now!

1) QB

2) OL

3) TE

What I think is especially unique about this offseason (certainly for the Bills) is that the needs are fairly narrow and we can target free agents with laser like precision. Pick up a vet QB to challenge Manuel, pick up a quality guard and maybe another free agent OL, pick up a TE who is better than Chandler, resign your own FA's on defense and it gives you the luxury in the draft to go after a RB (assuming Spiller isn't resigned, which I don't believe he will), a developmental QB and some depth on D.

1) QB

2) OL

3) TE

What I think is especially unique about this offseason (certainly for the Bills) is that the needs are fairly narrow and we can target free agents with laser like precision. Pick up a vet QB to challenge Manuel, pick up a quality guard and maybe another free agent OL, pick up a TE who is better than Chandler, resign your own FA's on defense and it gives you the luxury in the draft to go after a RB (assuming Spiller isn't resigned, which I don't believe he will), a developmental QB and some depth on D.

Yep, Whaley really has this roster in really good shape. Hope we can re-sign all of our own guys!

McKelvin and Graham arent getting any younger, and it seems that we lose at least 2 CBs to injury every year.

But more importantly, the most important component to Rex's defense are stud CBs that you can leave on islands.

The inability of Idzik to sign decent CBs is one of the major reasons for the Jets failures last year.

Agree with this. McKelvin coming of injury, and Graham is better as 3 or 4- not enough speed. I'm thinking a long corner in Rex's defense, like Cromartie would be deadly.

1) QB

2) OL

3) TE

Yes this makes sense. RB like Gordon, Yeldon, or Gurley would look good Bills colors.

I like Hughes. But, I think in Rex's defense his value just went down to us.

I don't know. From what I've seen from Rex is he likes to put guys in unorthodox positions to blitz and mess with the offense. I'm thinking Jerry would be blitzing from everywhere and causing havoc for an offense. Jerry is a true talent. Rex will maximize him, not put him in a pre defined box where he won't be as effective IMHO.

I don't know. From what I've seen from Rex is he likes to put guys in unorthodox positions to blitz and mess with the offense. I'm thinking Jerry would be blitzing from everywhere and causing havoc for an offense. Jerry is a true talent. Rex will maximize him, not put him in a pre defined box where he won't be as effective IMHO.

You could be right, but at what price?

You could be right, but at what price?

If this article is at all close, and he is expecting something like this:

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/bills-nfl/bills-hughes-seeking-a-market-rate-contract-20150108

So how much should team owners Terry and Kim Pegula expect to pony up? A look at contracts for comparable players suggests a five-year deal could average more than $8 million, with somewhere between $12 to $20 million in guarantees.

For example, Minnesota’s Everson Griffen signed a five-year, $42.5 million contract that guaranteed $19.8 million before the 2014 season. Griffen, 27, had 13.5 sacks in the two seasons before signing his deal, with just one start.

Tampa Bay signed Michael Johnson away from Cincinnati before the 2014 season, giving him a five-year, $43.75 million contract with $18 million in guarantees. Johnson, 27, had 15 sacks in his two previous seasons before being signed by the Buccaneers.

Then that should be completely affordable for the Bills to pull off. We'd be paying Stevie about that much if he were still a Bill. Our young star DE is def worth it.

Edited by DrDareustein

If this article is at all close, and he is expecting something like this:

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/bills-nfl/bills-hughes-seeking-a-market-rate-contract-20150108

Then that should be completely affordable for the Bills to pull off. We'd be paying Stevie about that much if he were still a Bill. Our young star DE is def worth it.

Thanks for the link. I would like him back as well. It looks like 8-9 million and about 15-20 guaranteed. I just wonder if the Bills will want to have that much cap tied up in the D-line. It looks like we will be about 25-30 below the cap when all is said and done, so he fits.

Thanks for the link. I would like him back as well. It looks like 8-9 million and about 15-20 guaranteed. I just wonder if the Bills will want to have that much cap tied up in the D-line. It looks like we will be about 25-30 below the cap when all is said and done, so he fits.

Considering we dont have a $100Million QB to sign anytime soon, Id say the next best places to invest are in the trenches. Glenn and Dareus definitely need new contracts, but I think they all fit in our current cap situation.

Two Guards..although i think Urbik is serviceable. Better coaching and schemes i think are going to help as well

LT depending on Glenn..if he comes back to 13 form, we okay.

Athletic Tight End that creates mismatches and cannot be covered 1-1.

Good snacks in the locker room

Marquies Gray might suffice?