Reported: Schwartz will be leaving the Bills

Uffalo Ills

no link, per Buffalo Billiever on Facebook. Also one other source I can't seem to find. It looks bad though.

"Heres a Rumor that has been flying around. DC Dennis Thurman is expected to join Bills & Jim Schwartz will most likely leave within next few days. I repeat "Rumor"

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

no link, per Buffalo Billiever on Facebook. Also one other source I can't seem to find. It looks bad though.

"Heres a Rumor that has been flying around. DC Dennis Thurman is expected to join Bills & Jim Schwartz will most likely leave within next few days. I repeat "Rumor"

It looked bad when Pettine left.

We will be fine with Rex running basically the same D as Pettine with the same players.

We will be fine with Rex running basically the same D as Pettine with the same players.

Pettine is one thing Thurman is another... Rex would be ok, but he's hc, not dc...we shouldve hired him as dc if we wanted for him to defensive playcall. Thurman is absolutely terrible.

Pettine is one thing Thurman is another... Rex would be ok, but he's hc, not dc...we shouldve hired him as dc if we wanted for him to defensive playcall. Thurman is absolutely terrible.

Rex runs the defense...

Rex said he is calling the defensive signals for the Bills.

I'm not surprised by this but where did you hear this?

Actually Rex runs his own D which is lightyears better then Pettine. Crazy b.c Pettine was under Rex but he doesn't run it as well.

I know he runs his own D it's the Pettine used here. my point is that it's the same D that was here before.

Kimberly Jones of the NFL Network confirms Schwartz is done. Link

better change that avatar

Um, Barbarian? Where did Pettine's D rank against the run, and rank overall? This wasn't an accident. Pettine ran a high-risk, high-reward gambling kind of D. Got lots of sacks, let lots of long runs break.

Got to disagree. Rex Ryan taught Pettine, that high-risk, high-reward can't stop the run D is what Ryan produced. I am very said if Schwartz is gone. I am disappointed Pegulas and the Bills FO let themselves be negotiated out of this.

Me too...I thought Pegula and Whaley made it 100% clear Shwartz needed to stay

"The Bills are reportedly set to hire ex-Jets defensive coordinator Dennis Thurman to the same position, according to the NFL Network.

Though new coach Rex Ryan reportedly wanted current Bills defensive coordinator Jim Schwartz to stay, Schwartz has since told the team he will not return, according to multiple reports.

Ryan had already expressed interest in bringing many of his assistant coaches over to Buffalo, including Thurman. He served as Ryan's defensive coordinator for the past two seasons in New York after being the defensive backs coach from 2008-2012 with the team."

per Buffalo Billiever

I hope to God that Shwartz, Whaley, Pegula or Rex come out to dispel this rumor. Ive had enough :death::wallbash:

Pettines defense in Buffalo wasn't very good except for nice sack stats. Horrible against the run.

I thought this might happen when they announced Rex as HC. How could a defensive Focused HC with Rex's background work with a DC with a completely different defensive philosophy? I wish it weren't true, but won't be surprised when it is.