Rex: Master Motivator

This quote from Damien Woody proves that Ryan is the right coach for this team right now to put us over the top.

"Players also appreciate Ryan’s ability to convince them they can reach heights they didn’t think were possible. For instance, Woody recalled a meeting Ryan had with the offensive linemen after he first took over the Jets.

“He said, ‘Guys, we’re going to lead the NFL in rushing. Get it in your minds right now. We are going to be the No. 1 team in the league in rushing,’ ” Woody said.

Sure enough, the Jets ranked first in the league that season with 2,756 rushing yards.

“He said, ‘For me, it’s about rushing attempts and completions. We do that, the defense is going to play great and I promise you we’re going to make a run at this thing this year,’ ” Woody said. “And I’ll be damned if we weren’t knocking. We almost kicked down the door in consecutive years,” reaching the AFC Championship Game in 2009 and 2010. “It’s just amazing, just the confidence that he instills in players.

“I’ve never been around a coach like that before.”

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/bills-nfl/bills8217-new-coach-rex-ryan-held-in-high-regard-by-his-former-players-20150111

I definitely got the feeling that Marrone did the opposite of motivate EJ. The good thing is that EJ seems very self-motivated. I really want to believe in him and I like Rex as a guy who can instill some confidence that was lacking before,

I definitely got the feeling that Marrone did the opposite of motivate EJ. The good thing is that EJ seems very self-motivated. I really want to believe in him and I like Rex as a guy who can instill some confidence that was lacking before,

This why I don't have faith in EJ, He works very hard and is a high character guy but still plays poorly. EJ was average to poor in college and he is still the same now.

Is Rex the Pete Carroll of the East? Both are great motivators who preach team unity and maximum effort. Both are 'player-coaches' loved by their players. And both are brilliant defensive tacticians. In fact, Rex and Pete may possess the two best defensive minds in the NFL today.

But Pete has more player-talent in Seattle than Rex had in NY.

Might we remedy that in Buffalo?

Is Rex the Pete Carroll of the East? Both are great motivators who preach team unity and maximum effort. Both are 'player-coaches' loved by their players. And both are brilliant defensive tacticians. In fact, Rex and Pete may possess the two best defensive minds in the NFL today.

Hopefully, 2nd time is a charm

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

Pete, despite having just hired Flynn as his presumed starter at like 25 million, drafted Wilson---and then chose him as starter in the preseason.

Rex was HC when they brought in Vick, Tebow and Geno. He also chose Scottenheimer then Sporano then Mornihinweg as OC. Each was a disaster.

The contrast in management is stark. Rex never gave the O much thought and it showed--in fact that sealed his fate.

Pete, despite having just hired Flynn as his presumed starter at like 25 million, drafted Wilson---and then chose him as starter in the preseason.

Rex was HC when they brought in Vick, Tebow and Geno. He also chose Scottenheimer then Sporano then Mornihinweg as OC. Each was a disaster.

The contrast in management is stark. Rex never gave the O much thought and it showed--in fact that sealed his fate.

And you wonder why the Jets weren't successful? Rex wasn't in charge of personnel; he tried to make it work but while the QB talent was substandard, his defense (particularly the secondary) was also gutted. I'd suggest it was damn near a miracle the Jets won 8 games a year ago.

In Buffalo he's getting a "fresh start" with the offense and a fully stocked cupboard on defense. Greg Roman has been successful and the Bills have some weapons. EJ is still an unknown, but the little bit he has played is still better than the three chumps referenced above.

did Pete draft Wilson? Or did his gm? Did Rex want Vick or geno?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000312949/article/pete-carroll-had-to-be-convinced-to-draft-russell-wilson

The HC is often at the mercy of his GM. That's reality. Rex's talent in NY was a joke the last couple years. Just bad.