Do you approve hiring Rex Ryan as HC

/dev/null

Do you approve hiring Rex Ryan as HC  

463 members have voted

1. 1. Do you approve hiring Rex Ryan as HC

This is a painful hire. There is nothing that excites me about this. We just hired a guy that went 4-12. I wonder how many times in NFL history a guy that just came off that type of season he just had have been hired as a head coach by another NFL team right away. I have zero idea why this makes anyone happy.

Two questions.

One, does your opinion take into account the Jets' personnel decisions over the last few years?

Two, do you know who John Idzik is?

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What thread was this in?

It was in the now closed thread. "Rex is scheduled for a second interview" posted by Leroi

From what I surmise he must have an inside source to the family (pure speculation), as they seemed to be the only people that knew in advance of the second interview. Or Whaley, Brandon and I'm pretty sure they wouldn't leak anything.

Read between the lines, QB situation is already planned out, Jay Cutler, Mark Sanchez, Matt Moore et al.

The free agent scenario, and the draft already planned out QB, OG, OG, & TE perhaps? The Pegula's have a plan, and they are installing it.

This is a painful hire. There is nothing that excites me about this. We just hired a guy that went 4-12. I wonder how many times in NFL history a guy that just came off that type of season he just had have been hired as a head coach by another NFL team right away. I have zero idea why this makes anyone happy.

While I certainly share your profound concern over this hire. The new owners are billionaires and they have a plan, and are running it. Time will tell.

It was in the now closed thread. "Rex is scheduled for a second interview" posted by Leroi

From what I surmise he must have an inside source to the family (pure speculation), as they seemed to be the only people that knew in advance of the second interview. Or Whaley, Brandon and I'm pretty sure they wouldn't leak anything.

Read between the lines, QB situation is already planned out, Jay Cutler, Mark Sanchez, Matt Moore et al.

The free agent scenario, and the draft already planned out QB, OG, OG, & TE perhaps? The Pegula's have a plan, and they are installing it.

While I certainly share your profound concern over this hire. The new owners are billionaires and they have a plan, and are running it. Time will tell.

Thank you! I wasn't calling you out; just didn't see this before...

I'll give Leroi credit for the Ryan/Roman hire, but how could anyone have any idea what will happen in FA or the draft?

You've gotta give Leroi the benefit of the doubt. If I'm not mistaken, he was the first to report a 2nd interview for Rex, the first to report Rex was hired, and the first to report Rex is bringing Roman (still unconfirmed but now widely repeated).

If Leroi says the plan for the QB situation, free agency and draft will "blow your mind," I'm guessing the plan for the draft involves a trade. Either we're trading away players for picks or trading picks for players. Otherwise, how could any draft plan be "amazing" before the fact?

Either that, or Leroi has developed a lot of faith in Whaley and his scouts and expects them to make good picks, whoever those picks might be.

The more I think about this, the less I like it. I expect Schwartz to be dumped, which I consider a mistake, and if not, it's a prescription for conflict to have two defensive minded coaches, with different systems, running the same defense.

I fell like the Pegulas went for the "big name" regardless of what made the most sense for the team.

At this time all we can do is hope the new owners have a plan.

"Quote"

This is just the tip of the iceberg.The things I am hearing will literally blow your mind. (QB situation,Free Agency,'draft) it's all really amazing. Are you prepared for the Pegula Bills?Reborn...

Imo

This was from Leroi who broke the Rex Ryan, Greg Roman hiring yesterday

It appears they have a plan for QB, for the O line.

The only QB available to make a play for is Jay Cutler. Is that their answer?

The more I think about this, the less I like it. I expect Schwartz to be dumped, which I consider a mistake, and if not, it's a prescription for conflict to have two defensive minded coaches, with different systems, running the same defense.

I fell like the Pegulas went for the "big name" regardless of what made the most sense for the team.

i think they wanted a guy with HC experience, and he was the best one available.

I also think they are looking long term. They may not have wanted Schwartz as HC, and knew that he would leave next year if he had an opportunity anyway.

They want to keep him as DC right now, yes they have different philosophies, but they are both successful philosophize with this group (Pettine's is Rex's) , and the Bills defensive personnel is a fit for either. Talent > Scheme

I don't know if he's the only one available. He may not even be available. Others may be. It's January.

IMO:

He will most likely be the best available (which is not saying much). Chicago will not want to pay his contract.

Rivers isn't going anywhere until SD has an heir ready to replace him. Clemens is not it.

Eli, forget about it. Giants won't part with him for the same reason as Rivers.

Who else is there? (FA cupboard is bare)

Edited by voodoo poonani

IMO:

He will most likely be the best available (which is not saying much). Chicago will not want to pay his contract.

Rivers isn't going anywhere until SD has an heir ready to replace him. Clemens is not it.

Eli, forget about it. Giants won't part with him for the same reason as Rivers.

Who else is there? (FA cupboard is bare)

I'm not a Cutler fan. So much so that I would take Sanchez before him who is a FA. Or Matt Moore who is a FA. Or Sam Bradford who may be cut or traded. So I'm probably not the best person to ask who is better than Cutler!

I'm not a Cutler fan. So much so that I would take Sanchez before him who is a FA. Or Matt Moore who is a FA. Or Sam Bradford who may be cut or traded. So I'm probably not the best person to ask who is better than Cutler!

Bradford would be a great choice; it's too bad he blew the same ACL twice....