Rex is scheduled for a Second Interview.

Leroi

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You cannot compare this hire by Pegula to all others in the past by Ralph. Pegula has no reputation as a guy who interferes and he can pay top dollar to head coach and to staff under him - whole new regime - whole new ball game !!

And his first hire for the Sabres was the highly sought after Ted Nolan? I like Ted, but he was not a high profile hire. He was the most qualified Coach they could find that would take the job

Edited by OldNMBillsFan

I read on ESPN that Rex wants Trestman for OC?!? What happens to Schwartz then?

*IF* it happens, and if Rex is smart, he keeps Schwartz and focuses on being the head coach. If Schwartz's defense has another good year under Rex, he will get another HC opportunity then Rex can fill staff.

We gotta get you a woman - Todd Rungren. Nice reference.

The most amazing development in all this are the Bills fans worried about Rex Ryan hurting the defense. LOL. C

,Rex will not be the coach, my sources say Atlanta hands down.

Edited by Fredo G.

The most amazing development in all this are the Bills fans worried about Rex Ryan hurting the defense. LOL. Come on man.

Greg Roman did greRex will Not be theBils coach permyinfo Atlanta mark this postat things with a similar QB, Alex Smith. I have always compared Manuel to Smith.

Embedded secret message?

And his first hire for the Sabres was the highly sought after Ted Nolan? I like Ted, but he was not a high profile hire. He was the most qualified Coach they could find that would take the job

Lets put it another way (and lets stick to the Bills hires) you really think a staff with a head guy like Rex and an OC the caliber of Marc Trestman (who wont come cheap) would ever consider Buffalo under the other ownership? never....

I would hate this. Why bring in a defensive cosch when they alresdy have Schwartz? This would be typical Bills move though, finally put together a good defense and they end up changing things again.

I was really hoping things would finally change with new ownership but hiring Rex or Hue would be no different than any of the other clowns they've hired last 15 years.

Edited by Max997

I would hate this. Why bring in a defensive cosch when they alresdy have Schwartz? This would be typical Bills move though, finally put together a good defense and they end up changing things again.

I was really hoping things would finally change with new ownership but hiring Rex or Hue would be no different than any of the other clowns they've hired last 15 years.

They had a good D when Pettine ran Rex's D a year ago.

Want to see media reports before I believe this.

Pegula likely has standing orders that leaking is a firing offense. Makes no sense that Whaley texted that, unless it's to intentionally mislead for some reason..

Its being reported on twitter and espn - or you awaiting ed kilgore on ch 2?

because they are hiring a head coach...not a defensive coordinator. It could be difficult for Schwartz and Ryan to co-exist, but if Ryan is smart...he'd keep Schwartz and focus on being the Head Coach instead of what he did in New York where he was Coordinator in Chief.