Islamic Terrorism

B-Man

The Importance of Blasphemy.

by Daniel Greenfield

As a deeply religious person, I have no fondness for blasphemy. My religion and its holy books are sacred to me. And I understand perfectly well why a Muslim would not relish a cartoon of a naked Mohammed.

But the debates over freedom of speech and the sensitivity of religious feelings also miss the point.

Blasphemy is the price we pay for not having a theocracy. Muslims are not only outraged but baffled by the Mohammed cartoons because they come from a world in which Islamic law dominates their countries and through its special place proclaims the superiority of Islam to all other religions.

Almost all Muslim countries are theocracies of one sort or another as a legacy of the Islamic conquests which Islamized them.

Egyptian President Sisi’s gesture of attending a Coptic mass was so revolutionary because it challenged the idea that Egyptian identity must be exclusively Islamic.

And Egypt is far from the most hard line of Islamic countries in the Middle East, despite a brief takeover by the Muslim Brotherhood in the aftermath of Obama’s Arab Spring.

Read the whole thing.

Belgium on guard against Islamic terror attacks on Jews

ISIS Executes Pigeon and Bird Breeders in Diyala, Iraq

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/isis-terror/isis-executes-pigeon-bird-breeders-diyala-iraq-n287421

Cache of ´jihad methamphetamine´ popular among ISIS fighters seized in West Bank

Jerusalem Post [israel], by Ben Hartman

Original Article

I Feel Sorry For James Taylor

http://www.cnn.com/2015/01/18/politics/joe-biden-delaware-shooting/index.html

Drive-by shooting targeting Biden's home. Biden wasn't home at the time.

Targeting? It was hundreds of yards away.

The more accurate story would be "Gunshots heard in vicinity of Biden's private home."

And why the hell is this in the "Islamic Terrorism" thread?

Edited by DC Tom

Targeting? It was hundreds of yards away.

The more accurate story would be "Gunshots heard in vicinity of Biden's private home."

And why the hell is this in the "Islamic Terrorism" thread?

True Tom.

I think it should be moved to one of these three threads.........

New gun control thread! :lol:

Hairy Reid Breaks Face... What's the real story? :D

or

Mitt??? :rolleyes:

Dear France, Here's a James Taylor song. Hope you feel better.

The last time John Kerry told someone in Paris "you've got a friend" it was the North Vietnamese. So this is actually an improvement.

David Burge @iowahawkblog Follow

"Dear Terrorists: please accept this lovely wind chime fashioned from our testicles." -Western Civilization http://dailycaller.com/2015/01/16/john-kerry-brings-james-taylor-to-paris-to-play-youve-got-a-friend-video/ …

Actually I am glad that this happened and Obama and Kerry exposed themselves. It’s always useful when people reveal that they haven’t a clue what their opponents believe.

Nothing like a foreign policy based on Eskimo kisses.

Why Won’t Obama Just Say Radical Islam Is Our Enemy?

His whole piece is worth reading, but the short summary is that American counterterrorism policy, to varying degrees over time, has assumed that we want the support of Muslim allies — many of whom don’t love vociferous condemnations of their religion, even just the extreme bits of it. There are varying degrees of this kind of accommodation: Accepting essentially radical but non-violent allies, especially clerics, as the Obama administration has, or just worrying, in general, about the sensitivities of our key Arab allies (Egypt, Saudi Arabia, and the Gulf kingdoms). Regardless, it’s left American foreign policy in the same place, with a diplomatic code that requires non-Muslims to keep saying they don’t see their enemies as representing true Islam.

Of course, the explanation says nothing about whether the bargain we’ve made is a wise one.

pic_cartoon_011915_new_A.jpg?itok=UYFl_1

What Bob Menendez said

Senator Robert Menendez is the ranking (Democratic) member on the Senate Foreign Relations Committee. This morning at a committee hearing he said this to Obama administration national security adviser Anthony Blinken and Treasury official (and prospective CIA deputy director) David Cohen: “I have to be honest with you, the more I hear from the administration and its quotes, the more it sounds like talking points that come straight out of Tehran"

More at the link, including video:

What Bob Menendez said

Senator Robert Menendez is the ranking (Democratic) member on the Senate Foreign Relations Committee. This morning at a committee hearing he said this to Obama administration national security adviser Anthony Blinken and Treasury official (and prospective CIA deputy director) David Cohen: “I have to be honest with you, the more I hear from the administration and its quotes, the more it sounds like talking points that come straight out of Tehran"

If there are enough votes to override a veto -- and many talking heads on both sides of aisle are starting to think there are -- Obama will suffer another full gatorman moment.

• 3 weeks later...

I give up.

From Foreign Policy:

Critics of President Barack Obama’s foreign policy have for years assailed his administration for responding too slowly to crises ranging from Syria to Russia. In a far-reaching blueprint released Friday that outlines the administration’s worldview,
the White House insisted the United States is leading the global effort to confront challenges in a deliberate manner described as “strategic patience

The National Security Strategy, required by U.S. law, is intended to set the direction for the administration and communicate American intent to lawmakers, the public, and the world. It is Obama’s second such strategy, and likely last, before he leaves office in early 2017.

It aims to rebut criticism that he has consistently waited too long to respond to challenges like the rise of the Islamic State and Moscow’s military aggression in Ukraine, allowing the problems to worsen while his administration debated ways to act. And it represents a defiant defense of Obama’s leadership.

Because nothing says “defiant” like … “strategic patience”?

We are so screwed.

Strategic Patience....................................What ? was Dithering obfuscation already taken ?

I know most of you don't like infowars but this can be verified on other sites( like most stories). This is really disturbing how twisted and sick those in power have become. What posses a society or country to deliberately poison itself with filth?

http://www.infowars.com/muslim-rape-scandal-destroys-white-privilege-myth/

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/local/rotherham-child-sex-abuse-scandal-editor-s-opinion-a-little-girl-was-raped-with-a-broken-bottle-and-yet-former-council-leader-and-police-and-crime-commissioner-refused-to-answer-questions-in-interview-1-7091999

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-28939089

Edited by Dante

I give up.

From Foreign Policy:

Critics of President Barack Obama’s foreign policy have for years assailed his administration for responding too slowly to crises ranging from Syria to Russia. In a far-reaching blueprint released Friday that outlines the administration’s worldview,
the White House insisted the United States is leading the global effort to confront challenges in a deliberate manner described as “strategic patience

The National Security Strategy, required by U.S. law, is intended to set the direction for the administration and communicate American intent to lawmakers, the public, and the world. It is Obama’s second such strategy, and likely last, before he leaves office in early 2017.

It aims to rebut criticism that he has consistently waited too long to respond to challenges like the rise of the Islamic State and Moscow’s military aggression in Ukraine, allowing the problems to worsen while his administration debated ways to act. And it represents a defiant defense of Obama’s leadership.

Because nothing says “defiant” like … “strategic patience”?

We are so screwed.

Strategic Patience....................................What ? was Dithering obfuscation already taken ?

Sounds like an excuse to hit the links.

I know most of you don't like infowars but this can be verified on other sites( like most stories). This is really disturbing how twisted and sick those in power have become. What posses a society or country to deliberately poison itself with filth?

http://www.infowars.com/muslim-rape-scandal-destroys-white-privilege-myth/

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/local/rotherham-child-sex-abuse-scandal-editor-s-opinion-a-little-girl-was-raped-with-a-broken-bottle-and-yet-former-council-leader-and-police-and-crime-commissioner-refused-to-answer-questions-in-interview-1-7091999

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-28939089

I missed the part where those other sites verify "white privilege" is a myth.

And THAT is why Infowars sucks.

Islam’s Countless Slaves :If President Obama wants to draw a moral equivalence between religions, he should know some history.

slavery.jpg?w=210&h=105

Defending Islam in front of our religious leaders last week, our president not only invoked the Crusades but seized the opportunity to excoriate the United States for formerly justifying chattel slavery in Christian terms, his tone suggesting that chains are rattling still. Indeed, along with the treatment of American Indians, slavery remains a horrid blot on our past, one that not even the blood that 750,000 Americans shed in the war ending the “peculiar institution” washed away (forget that we are the only nation that fought a civil war to free its slaves).

We’re guilty. Forever. And nothing can lessen our shame.

But in support of the Left’s current vogue for “fairness,” I now expect our president to follow up by convening a special meeting of Muslim clerics to chastise them for the 14 centuries of slavery under Islam that, in its scope, scale, duration, and cruelty, exceeded the outrages of any other slave-based civilization.

In seizing non-Muslims as slaves, the human beasts of the Islamic State caliphate are only carrying on an honored tradition. That is Islam, Mr. President. And it always has been.

But let us, unlike our president, be honest. The Prophet Mohammed is reputed to have freed dozens of his slaves and to have encouraged his followers to release theirs. But the caliphs who followed the Prophet found that admonition inconvenient. In no time, Islamic jurisprudence produced detailed codes for seizing, keeping, and punishing non-Muslim slaves.

And so began the greatest slave-taking venture in history. Politically correct campus commissars would have us believe that the only men ever enslaved were black and the only slavers were white. Not quite. The first slave-labor plantations on an industrial scale were in not the Mississippi Delta but the Mesopotamian Delta, around Basra during the Arab “Golden Age.”

Much more at the link: http://www.nationalreview.com/article/398230/islams-countless-slaves-ralph-peters