Islamic Terrorism

B-Man

Did you note the word "claim" that I used? When you do, you will understand how it doesn't !@#$ing matter.

Can you honestly speculate that a mass shooting of a 100 or so people isn't terrorism, oh deranged one?

My stance has been consistent throughout this thread. There's no question that a crime of this magnitude terrorizes people. The issue is terrorism has a very specific definition in our modern world -- one that's been used to justify egregious government overreach on a domestic and international level for the past 16 years. If everyone just uses the term whenever a crime is committed, it's giving the government more validation and power to continue their roll back of civil liberties and constitutional protections unabated.

Conditioning is a B word. And it's evident in this thread and how this story is being covered.

Every mass shooting isn't terrorism.

I think the people in that nightclub would differ on that because if watching in horror as a man put bullets into wounded people at point-blank range to make sure they're dead isn't terror, I'm not sure what is.

My stance has been consistent throughout this thread. There's no question that a crime of this magnitude terrorizes people. The issue is terrorism has a very specific definition in our modern world -- one that's been used to justify egregious government overreach on a domestic and international level for the past 16 years. If everyone just uses the term whenever a crime is committed, it's giving the government more validation and power to continue their roll back of civil liberties and constitutional protections unabated.

Conditioning is a B word. And it's evident in this thread and how this story is being covered.

I know what your stance has been (and is). The second largest mass killing on U.S. soil is certainly terrorism and you trying to make it something else doesn't help your agenda.

Edited by 3rdnlng

I know what your stance has been (and is). The second largest mass killing on U.S. soil is certainly terrorism and you trying to make it something else doesn't help your agenda.

Terrorism requires some political aim or agenda. Sometimes people kill just because they are nuckin' futs, like the Batman movie theater nutcase. That guy was just off the rails.

Terrorism requires some political aim or agenda.

So in conclusion, his pledging allegiance to ISIS makes him a terrorist.

It's just that simple.

Maybe a day will come when the world will look at a guy like this and collectively agree, 'this is no terrorist.'

But that day ain't today.

It's just that simple.

Maybe a day will come when the world will look at a guy like this and collectively agree, 'this is no terrorist.'

No, it doesn't. Any more than Trump's running as the Republican candidate makes him a Republican.

I think the people in that nightclub would differ on that because if watching in horror as a man put bullets into wounded people at point-blank range to make sure they're dead isn't terror, I'm not sure what is.

Define "terrorism."

Nice appeal to emotion by the way. You are a sneaky one.

No, it doesn't. Any more than Trump's running as the Republican candidate makes him a Republican.

This is like throwing a logic bomb in an AI. I'm eager to see what's next. Edited by FireChan

"What has been happening has been happening under the name of Islam," she said. "The Muslims must be the first ones to resist this ... We have not seen that Daesh have been labeled as an infidel group within Islam by any Muslim country."

Speaking about the Middle East's Christians, Yazidis, and other minorities, she warned that "if they are not protected they will be wiped out."

Remain Calm! Loretta Lynch, the FBI, and DHS Are Watching Our Backs!
The rumor that Omar Mateen’s wife, Noor Salman, had disappeared broke Friday, but it seemed too preposterous to believe. Come on, how could the Federal Bureau of Investigation let a potential accomplice in the worst terrorist attack in American soil since 9/11 just walk out the door with no surveillance? Unthinkable, right? Apparently not:https://news.grabien.com/story.php?id=364
Attorney General Loretta Lynch admitted today that the FBI is unaware of the whereabouts of Omar Mateen’s wife, Noor Salman.
Salman has indicated she suspected Mateen was about to commit a terrorist attack, and even accompanied him to buy the weaponry he used to carry out the massacre. She insists, however, that as he left she tried to hold onto his arm so he wouldn’t leave.
If the FBI believes she was aware of the impending attack, she could be prosecuted.
“Has the shooter’s wife left the state of Florida?” a reporter asked Lynch during her press conference Tuesday.
“Right now, I don’t know exactly the answer to that,” Lynch candidly replied. ”I believe she was going to travel but I do not know exactly her location now.”

Wait, it gets better. Yesterday Lynch said, “I cannot tell you definitively that we will ever narrow it down to one motivation. People often act out of more than one motivation. This was clearly an act of terror and an act of hate. So we will look at all motivations, and hopefully come to a conclusion there.”
What, is her theory that the pledge of loyalty to ISIS was just a cover story for his anti-gay views?
{snip}
But don’t worry, at least one Homeland Security employee is locked and loaded and… wait, ready to launch his own attack?
Federal prosecutors are investigating whether a Department of Homeland Security employee with top-secret clearance was planning an attack at the agency’s Washington headquarters when he entered the building with a gun, a knife, an infrared camera, pepper spray and handcuffs.
Jonathan Wienke, and analyst in the Office of Intelligence and Analysis, allegedly carried the weapons into the building on the morning of June 9. Court documents filed by the federal government state that investigators have probable cause to believe Wienke “was conspiring with another to commit workplace violence, and more particularly may have been conspiring or planning to commit violence against senior DHS officials in the building.”

Relax, everyone! The employee has been released and placed on administrative leave!

Edited by B-Man

It's just that simple.

My neighbor won't mow his lawn. If I go into a rage, say the words the shooter said about pledging allegiance to ISIS, then trespass onto his property, mow his lawn, and take a steaming dump in the middle of the freshly cut grass, does that make me a terrorist?

I doubt this guy had any agenda besides wanting to make himself feel that in the closing moments of his worthless existence, people (in a certain sect) might praise his beautiful idealism, when in fact he was just a social outcast who wasn't getting his allotment of p#$$y, or in his case, hairy man-ass. Maybe he really cared about advancing "the cause" or maybe he was just a guy who was around the rhetoric. I suspect the later but can't be more sure than anyone at this point.

If I was going to go out in a murderous rampage, I'd want people to think I did for a better reason then that I was a big loser.

Edited by Observer

Exactly as much, to be fair.

I'm repeatedly told lately that what I hear is what I am to believe, regardless of why my lying eyes tell me.

When a man tells me he must use the little girls' bathroom because he thinks he's a girl, I'm told he is, in fact, a girl and not only can he use the little girls' bathroom, but we will call this person courageous and give them an award.

When a lifelong Democrat who has donated hundreds of thousands of dollars to put Democrats in office over a 40-year span tells me he is suddenly the most conservative Republican around, I'm told that this is also true and I should join with other conservative Republicans to ensure he becomes the next president.

So when a brown-skinned person named Omar has multiple guns, has been to Afghanistan twice in the last four years, openly claims allegiance to a terrorist group, and murders 50 gays in a nightclub as payback, in his words, for the US bombing his people, I'm supposed to now NOT believe what I'm told but rather believe that he's really a confused gay having a bad day?

Yeah, okay.

Define "terrorism."

Hiding in a corner of a gay nightclub watching a brown man named Omar scream Allahu Akbar while murdering homosexuals at point-blank range with a semi-automatic weapon.

That, and a Rosie O'Donnell movie marathon on TNT.

Edited by LABillzFan

I'm repeatedly told lately that what I hear is what I am to believe, regardless of why my lying eyes tell me.

When a man tells me he must use the little girls' bathroom because he thinks he's a girl, I'm told he is, in fact, a girl and not only can he use the little girls' bathroom, but we will call this person courageous and give them an award.

When a lifelong Democrat who has donated hundreds of thousands of dollars to put Democrats in office over a 40-year span tells me he is suddenly the most conservative Republican around, I'm told that this is also true and I should join with other conservative Republicans to ensure he becomes the next president.

So when a brown-skinned person named Omar has multiple guns, has been to Afghanistan twice in the last four years, openly claims allegiance to a terrorist group, and murders 50 gays in a nightclub as payback, in his words, for the US bombing his people, I'm supposed to now NOT believe what I'm told but rather believe that he's really a confused gay having a bad day?

Yeah, okay.

Hiding in a corner of a gay nightclub watching a brown man named Omar scream Allahu Akbar while murdering homosexuals at point-blank range with a semi-automatic weapon.

I believe you are mixing your want and need to call this terrorism in a little too much....as usual....glossing over the details and layers to suit your agenda

Yeah, okay.

That's not a definition.

Talking out of both sides of your mouth is not a good look.

Edited by FireChan

lol, it was terrorism. But who even cares if it was not, according to some ridiculous definition of terrorism?

A Muslim did it. And more Muslims will commit "terrorist" acts in the future. On American soil.

We're about 5 years away from a candidate being able to become President running solely on a Muslim ban.

I believe you are mixing your want and need to call this terrorism in a little too much....as usual....glossing over the details and layers to suit your agenda

And I believe we're having a discussion that is way over your head. Go back to the kiddie table. Dessert will be there as soon as the adults are done eating.

That's not a definition.

Okay. Go ahead and define terrorism for everyone and let's see where this lands.

My neighbor won't mow his lawn. If I go into a rage, say the words the shooter said about pledging allegiance to ISIS, then trespass onto his property, mow his lawn, and take a steaming dump in the middle of the freshly cut grass, does that make me a terrorist?

I doubt this guy had any agenda besides wanting to make himself feel that in the closing moments of his worthless existence, people (in a certain sect) might praise his beautiful idealism, when in fact he was just a social outcast who wasn't getting his allotment of p#$$y, or in his case, hairy man-ass. Maybe he really cared about advancing "the cause" or maybe he was just a guy who was around the rhetoric. I suspect the later but can't be more sure than anyone at this point.

If I was going to go out in a murderous rampage, I'd want people to think I did for a better reason then that I was a big loser.

Since the shooter is dead I think we have to take him at his word and certainly there is a long trail of evidence pointing to his islamic jihadist cause starting with his comments right after 9/11 when he got on the school bus as a teen and mocked the attacks and told classmates that America deserves this. One has to be in total denial not to see this for what it is.

:lol:

And I believe we're having a discussion that is way over your head. Go back to the kiddie table. Dessert will be there as soon as the adults are done eating.

Okay. Go ahead and define terrorism for everyone and let's see where this lands.

Oh no, you're the one throwing it around. You define it.

Matter of fact, define Republican, Christian and Muslim while you're at it. Let's see how consistent you can be.

Oh no, you're the one throwing it around. You define it.

I already gave you my definition. You don't agree with it, which now puts the onus on you to correct it with what you consider to be the proper definition.

Unless, y'know, you're just going full gatorman and have no intention of answering the question yourself.