Islamic Terrorism

B-Man

I saw this and it was at the very least slightly inappropriate albeit not unexpected:

Grinning Obama JOKES during statement on Munich carnage as he shifts gears to say he'll miss daughter Malia when she leaves the nest for college

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3703975/Grinning-Obama-JOKES-Munich-carnage-press-conference-shifts-gears-talk-daughter-Malia-leaving-nest-college.html

210c6yw.jpg

Looks like right wing white extremist to me. I can understand the medias confusion. GOD DAMN they are so ****ty at their job. That must be it. Couldn't be deliberate misdirection at all.

Looks like right wing white extremist to me. I can understand the medias confusion. GOD DAMN they are so ****ty at their job. That must be it. Couldn't be deliberate misdirection at all.

The media sucks. Period. Deliberately trying to mislead and redirect away from the real issues to manipulate the masses and steering the conversation to what narrative they want to control

Looks more like a herostratic copycat nutjob than a terrorist.

Makes all the posters here who are so eager to fit this into a narrative based their preconceived opinions look just like the liberals who often do the same.

Which begs the question: If all the loony libs jumped off a bridge, is it possible the looney Rs would follow? Warren followed by Santorum. Clinton by Rove. Carville by Limbaugh. To dream the impossible dream.

Makes all the posters here who are so eager to fit this into a narrative based their preconceived opinions look just like the liberals who often do the same.

Question for you. Have most who have jumped to that conclusion lately been correct?

Which begs the question: If all the loony libs jumped off a bridge, is it possible the looney Rs would follow? Warren followed by Santorum. Clinton by Rove. Carville by Limbaugh. To dream the impossible dream.

What is Hillary telling you to think ?

That's why I posted about this first in the more guns/fewer guns thread. Thought it belonged there till more facts came out.

Question for you. Have most who have jumped to that conclusion lately been correct?

No, no

If one deranged German with Iranian parents decides to start shooting people without a direct connection to a terrorist group (currently),

then that immediately discounts all the previous posts.

SOMETIMES A SHOOTER IS JUST A SHOOTER

That appears to be the case, based on what we know now, with Ali Sonboly, the 18 year old Iranian-German who went on a rampage in Germany yesterday. I assume that Sonboly’s family is Muslim (how observant, I have no idea) but that doesn’t seem to have played a part in his spree, notwithstanding two witnesses who say they heard him shout “Allahu akbar.” Rather, he appears to be a “classical shooter,” as Munich’s chief of police described him.

{snip}

When a mass shooting occurs in the U.S., it is always used by liberals to demand stricter gun control. That caused me to wonder about the Glock 17 that Sonboly used yesterday, and the 300 rounds of ammunition that he carried with him. So far, I don’t believe anything is known (or has been made public, anyway) about how Sonboly acquired them.

German gun restrictions are beyond the wish list of the most fervent American gun grabber. As with most countries with strict gun controls, the most obvious statistical effect is to cause murderers to use other weapons. Whether gun control at any level has a measurable impact on a country’s homicide rate is debatable. Nevertheless, when more information comes out about how Ali Sonboly acquired his pistol and ammunition, there likely will be a new round of gun legislation in Germany.

Meanwhile:

ISIS claims Afghanistan explosion that kills dozens (CNN) http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/23/asia/afghanistan-

explosion/

Another day, another jihad. But somewhere a college student is going "but Christians do it too."

Edited by B-Man

No, no

If one deranged German with Iranian parents decides to start shooting people without a direct connection to a terrorist group (currently),

then that immediately discounts all the previous posts.

SOMETIMES A SHOOTER IS JUST A SHOOTER

That appears to be the case, based on what we know now, with Ali Sonboly, the 18 year old Iranian-German who went on a rampage in Germany yesterday. I assume that Sonboly’s family is Muslim (how observant, I have no idea) but that doesn’t seem to have played a part in his spree, notwithstanding two witnesses who say they heard him shout “Allahu akbar.” Rather, he appears to be a “classical shooter,” as Munich’s chief of police described him.

{snip}

When a mass shooting occurs in the U.S., it is always used by liberals to demand stricter gun control. That caused me to wonder about the Glock 17 that Sonboly used yesterday, and the 300 rounds of ammunition that he carried with him. So far, I don’t believe anything is known (or has been made public, anyway) about how Sonboly acquired them.

German gun restrictions are beyond the wish list of the most fervent American gun grabber. As with most countries with strict gun controls, the most obvious statistical effect is to cause murderers to use other weapons. Whether gun control at any level has a measurable impact on a country’s homicide rate is debatable. Nevertheless, when more information comes out about how Ali Sonboly acquired his pistol and ammunition, there likely will be a new round of gun legislation in Germany.

Ah yes, the "classical"" shooter, who says/yells "Allahu akbar" when he/she is killing people. :rolleyes:

Makes all the posters here who are so eager to fit this into a narrative...

The narrative on this one stinks.

While I understand any information coming out of an active and chaotic crime scene is not the most reliable, when you have multiple sources reporting multiple shooters -- including police and video footage of multiple shooters -- and then suddenly the story changes to one shooter (after Munich police wiped social media and begged people to stop posting videos and images)... that's just inherently fishy.

One shooter shut down an entire city while 2,300 cops searched for him... That's either utter ineptness or complete dishonesty.

One shooter shut down an entire city while 2,300 cops searched for him... That's either utter ineptness or complete dishonesty.

Hell, our FBI can't even find Omar Mateen's wife, and they actually HAD her, so we don't really have room to talk.