The $1.4 Billion Question is ?

T master

How many coaches would you be looking at if it was your money behind the check for $1.4 Billion that was written to buy the Bills ??

You don't get to be a Billionaire just by being lucky & most of those that do get to have a lot of money lose it in a short period of time if they don't do the right things with it while they have it . So myself if i am the Pegula's i'm looking at every person i can that has the correct resume & potential to do my company the best they can do .

I personally think that the Pegula's & Whaley are trying to keep the band together so there isn't a huge change in scheme & coaching philosophy which would help the rookies & young players a like . I also believe with how Whaley is talking up EJ & wanting the new HC to work with him that they may be thinking from what they saw & what has been said about Marrones approach to coaching the team , that they may want to keep the coaching staff they have now in place or a least most of them .

Which again would help EJ & the young receiving corp along instead of blowing up every thing yet again to have EJ & company set back to learning another scheme .

Fred Jackson said he believes that Hackett was held back & that is basically what we saw when EJ was on the field a dink & dunk type of offense . Almost afraid to go down the field . EJ himself even said if was to get back on the field he was going to let it go , so was he in fact being held back by Marrone ?

Then there is the talk of how the O line was trying to listen to the O line coach , plus Marrone would try to coach them too & the TE coach was trying to do his impression of a O line coach causing confusion among them . So if that be the case & this was something that not only Whaley but the players noticed the offense couldn't or didn't have a chance to go to it's full potential .

But the other phases of the game did because Marrone didn't have as much if any input on how defense & ST's were run .

But if the powers that be are trying or think this in any way was the problem i can see why they are going through so many HC ing interviews because it would be very hard to get a new HC to keep what is in place & have them just run what is there .

Which when Marroone was hired i wondered with the O line , & the ST's units ranked so high WHY would you want to change them if they were doing so well ? From what we are hereing now it sounds like a pure ego thing with Marroone …

But i am glad that this HC ing search is truly in every way a extensive & exhaustive search unlike the last one I just wonder if they will talk to Trestman ?? Time will tell !!

Edited by T master

It's tricky. Find a HC that wants to keep the current DC and school EJ. After all thise interviews I wouldn't be surprised (or upset) if they went with Schwartz and hired a Trestman as OC.

We have a winner !!

Probably not as many as Pegula is b.c with that much money you should have an idea of who you want to take the team over.

I disagree. Hiring a coach is selecting a guy who is going to be the face of your franchise. You want someone who you will trust to be a great coach and leader and someone who you do not mind being with.

I have no problem with the Bills taking their time and doing a thorough search. After what they just went through, I am sure they do not want to end up with another Marrone.

I would be far more worried if the search was short and a coach was hired already. There is no immediate hurry yet. By the beginning of next week that may change with coaches from the NFL as hires may start to occur. For college coaches it may go on a little longer. Someone said in another thread, college coach movement is somewhat frowned upon until after national signing day, don't know if that is accurate or not because that would push college coach hires to February I think.

I would find it somewhat hard to believe that they would keep Hackett. With the woes of the offense last year he is somewhat tarnished. I would think that they would want to start with someone new now and avoid the "I told you so"

Because of the extensive number of candidates that they have interviewed and want to interview, I won't be upset with whomever they pick. In 2 years we'll know if the choice was correct or not.

I disagree. Hiring a coach is selecting a guy who is going to be the face of your franchise. You want someone who you will trust to be a great coach and leader and someone who you do not mind being with.

I have no problem with the Bills taking their time and doing a thorough search. After what they just went through, I am sure they do not want to end up with another Marrone.

You have a point. Marrone was a rush hire because Brandon was worried he'd miss out if he took too long.

We hired Maroone quickly and most fans wanted to know why we didn't wait till the playoff coaches were available

Now we wait for the playoff coaches and that same band of female dogs are complaining

my fandom is waning, and it has nothing to do with the Bills struggles. It has everything to do with being associated with such negative people who really have to complain about every single thing constantly.

Probably not as many as Pegula is b.c with that much money you should have an idea of who you want to take the team over.

Yeah its called the interview process. How in the world would he have the information to make that decision without the process.

I just want someone that wins...

We hired Maroone quickly and most fans wanted to know why we didn't wait till the playoff coaches were available

Now we wait for the playoff coaches and that same band of female dogs are complaining

my fandom is waning, and it has nothing to do with the Bills struggles. It has everything to do with being associated with such negative people who really have to complain about every single thing constantly.

Yeah its called the interview process. How in the world would he have the information to make that decision without the process.

Your fandom is waning some made up assumption over Bills fans? Edited by Beef Jerky

I honestly think that new owners are gaining some experience themselves...13 plus opportunities to ask coaches who have been around the league "what would you do to bring winning back to Buffalo"...13 plus opinions...its like hiring one coach and getting 12 consultations...

Bills waning fandom means it is hockey season...Sabres waning fandom means it is football season...

it is normal...it is natural...it is Buffalo....

It's tricky. Find a HC that wants to keep the current DC and school EJ. After all thise interviews I wouldn't be surprised (or upset) if they went with Schwartz and hired a Trestman as OC.

I'd be okay with Schwartz, but I'm not a huge fan of Trestman. If Schwartz is the guy, I'd rather see Scott Linehan as OC. They are familiar with each other, and Linehan had great success with the Lions (Top 10 offense 3 years in a row I think).

How many coaches would you be looking at if it was your money behind the check for $1.4 Billion that was written to buy the Bills ??

You don't get to be a Billionaire just by being lucky & most of those that do get to have a lot of money lose it in a short period of time if they don't do the right things with it while they have it . So myself if i am the Pegula's i'm looking at every person i can that has the correct resume & potential to do my company the best they can do .

I personally think that the Pegula's & Whaley are trying to keep the band together so there isn't a huge change in scheme & coaching philosophy which would help the rookies & young players a like . I also believe with how Whaley is talking up EJ & wanting the new HC to work with him that they may be thinking from what they saw & what has been said about Marrones approach to coaching the team , that they may want to keep the coaching staff they have now in place or a least most of them .

Which again would help EJ & the young receiving corp along instead of blowing up every thing yet again to have EJ & company set back to learning another scheme .

Fred Jackson said he believes that Hackett was held back & that is basically what we saw when EJ was on the field a dink & dunk type of offense . Almost afraid to go down the field . EJ himself even said if was to get back on the field he was going to let it go , so was he in fact being held back by Marrone ?

Then there is the talk of how the O line was trying to listen to the O line coach , plus Marrone would try to coach them too & the TE coach was trying to do his impression of a O line coach causing confusion among them . So if that be the case & this was something that not only Whaley but the players noticed the offense couldn't or didn't have a chance to go to it's full potential .

But the other phases of the game did because Marrone didn't have as much if any input on how defense & ST's were run .

But if the powers that be are trying or think this in any way was the problem i can see why they are going through so many HC ing interviews because it would be very hard to get a new HC to keep what is in place & have them just run what is there .

Which when Marroone was hired i wondered with the O line , & the ST's units ranked so high WHY would you want to change them if they were doing so well ? Form what we are herring now it sounds like a pure ego thing with Marroone …

But i am glad that this HC ing search is truly in every way a extensive & exhaustive search unlike the last one I just wonder if they will talk to Trestman ?? Time will tell !!

Sounds pretty fishy to me

Edited by LOVEMESOMEBILLS

Would anyone in their right mind want to keep the same current offensive scheme and coaching philosophy?? CJ, instead of teaching you anything new, today I would like you to run straight forward and bounce back to the line of scrimmage; we will call this the "c'mon man" play. And Hogan, if you just run a button hook and catch the ball close to the line of scrimmage, we can call that the "time to punt on 4th and 1" play. We can have Chandler run straight at the yard marker.

I think Pegula and Whaley would love to have a new coach change the current offensive scheme and philosophy. They are a bit hamstrung by personnel though. I expect to see a major QB competition and some new bodies on the line and restructure of who's who in teh RB,TE,and FB roles.

As an employer, you often learn more about what you are looking for in an employee as you interview different people. There is almost no downside (other than time and expense -- irrelevant in the Pegula's situation) to interviewing a large # of candidates.

As an employer, you often learn more about what you are looking for in an employee as you interview different people. There is almost no downside (other than time and expense -- irrelevant in the Pegula's situation) to interviewing a large # of candidates.

This.