Jon Jones in rehab for coke

"UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones failed a drug test prior to this past weekend’s UFC 182 event due to cocaine metabolites and has reportedly entered rehab.

“At this point and time, Jones checked himself into a rehab center, and we’ll cross that bridge when he get to it,” Bennett told MMAjunkie when asked of the NSAC’s plans in wake of the failed test.

Because benzoylecgonine is not banned out of competition by the World Anti-Doping Agency, the NSAC could not halt Jones from fighting at UFC 182, which proved to be one of the biggest events in recent MMA history.

We support UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones’ decision to enter a drug treatment facility to address his recent issue. While we are disappointed in the failed test, we applaud him for making this decision to enter a drug treatment facility. Jon is a strong, courageous fighter inside the octagon, and we expect him to fight this issue with the same poise and diligence. We commend him on his decision, and look forward to him emerging from this program a better man as a result."

http://mmajunkie.com/2015/01/ufc-champion-jon-jones-tests-positive-for-cocaine-reportedly-enters-rehab

The source website is a bit ironic, no?

:lol:

I thought about that after I posted. I went on the first site to come up junkie was it.

Must suck getting your butt kicked by a guy who isn't training hard and wasting mind and body on drugs. although Bruce performed well on coke. coke is probably a good performance drug at the moment of competition.

I thought about that after I posted. I went on the first site to come up junkie was it.

Must suck getting your butt kicked by a guy who isn't training hard and wasting mind and body on drugs. although Bruce performed well on coke. coke is probably a good performance drug at the moment of competition.

Cormier probably tapped out before listening to Bones pitch his idea for "a really classy night club with top shelf everything and good music, none of the clubs around here play that good music, you know like in the classy clubs, like Vegas and, oh man, this one time I was in Vegas with my cousin and we partied all night, ALL NIGHT!!!" for the tenth time in 20 minutes. Talked him right into submission.

Cormier probably tapped out before listening to Bones pitch his idea for "a really classy night club with top shelf everything and good music, none of the clubs around here play that good music, you know like in the classy clubs, like Vegas and, oh man, this one time I was in Vegas with my cousin and we partied all night, ALL NIGHT!!!" for the tenth time in 20 minutes. Talked him right into submission.

went all 5 rounds, no sub

I used to see guys take pain killers before a game, then during would do coke. They could hit as hard as they want and not feel it, all while going 100 mph on coke.

I used to see guys take pain killers before a game, then during would do coke. They could hit as hard as they want and not feel it, all while going 100 mph on coke.

Talked to the athletic director of my school district yesterday, and apparently taking pain killers before games is a huge problem with HS student athletes. He said football and hockey were the biggest problems...makes sense. Things have changed since I played HS sports.

Talked to the athletic director of my school district yesterday, and apparently taking pain killers before games is a huge problem with HS student athletes. He said football and hockey were the biggest problems...makes sense. Things have changed since I played HS sports.

The biggest problem is the number of parents and other adults who enable it.

The importance placed upon being good at sports in this country is sickening.

Pseudoephed was getting popular on hockey teams I played on. That was stupid enough. Taking pain killers is just baffling unless you're in so much pain its going to effect your performance.

“I’ve always been a person who tries to do the right thing in life, for the most part,” said Jones. “I’m no angel, but I was always the kid who snitched on the kids who had pot. I don’t want to offend the pot smokers out there, but I was kind of just a snitch. I was just down for people doing the right thing. My parents kind of raised me to be a good guy. I’ve always been down for the good side, I guess.”

http://fiveouncesofpain.com/2009/12/04/jon-jones-i-was-always-the-kid-that-snitched/

Can't say I feel sorry for Jon Jones.

Pseudoephed was getting popular on hockey teams I played on. That was stupid enough. Taking pain killers is just baffling unless you're in so much pain its going to effect your performance.

Taking pain killers to play a sport is stupid, period. Unless it's one's profession.

don't name names but what sports did you see this in?

Wonder if he will do worse when he gets out?

Heh this was Highschool football I am talking about. Late 90's early 2000's it was all the rage especially if they had college scouts. Hit as hard as you could not feel it and look like a juggernaut. Edited by Beef Jerky

Kind of a tangent, but we had a 13 year old girl nearly overdose on Mucinex today in science class. She lost consciousness, fell to the ground, and began to seizure. Come to find out...it's all the rage these days. If you take enough it has a hallucinogenic effect. Take too many and you can die. Not the first time I've heard about this. Talk to your kids.

http://fiveouncesofpain.com/2009/12/04/jon-jones-i-was-always-the-kid-that-snitched/

Can't say I feel sorry for Jon Jones.

2009? did some digging for that one

been waiting years to finally post it

Kind of a tangent, but we had a 13 year old girl nearly overdose on Mucinex today in science class. She lost consciousness, fell to the ground, and began to seizure. Come to find out...it's all the rage these days. If you take enough it has a hallucinogenic effect. Take too many and you can die. Not the first time I've heard about this. Talk to your kids.

I don't get kids (or people for that matter) what is the allure to being F#$% up and not being able to control yourself and function properly.

Heh this was Highschool football I am talking about. Late 90's early 2000's it was all the rage especially if they had college scouts. Hit as hard as you could not feel it and look like a juggernaut.

I did that anyway (hitting) didn't need drugs. I found that it hurt a lot less if you blasted them as hard as could than slow up and take the blow.

2009? did some digging for that one

been waiting years to finally post it

5 years ago or not, he's still bragging about being a snitch. A snitch to protect others from reefer madness. A little blow never hurt anyone though...