HC hiring timeline - how long will it take?

I'm not saying this because I'm frustrated. I'm only asking because I'm curious if anyone with the inside info knows how long they plan to take with this hire. I have to imagine there are advantages to hiring earlier (getting all the good assistants, etc) but you also lose out on some of the best / contender candidates if you haven't gotten a chance to interview them yet.

My hope is that they have someone in place or have at least agreed to terms prior to the SB.

Once someone hires a coach, the rest of the dominos will fall.

No rush until then. I'd rather the Bills get this right. The team is so freaking close

Agreed.

Two things are exciting me about next season: The Bills doing better than last year and whichever team Marrone ends up coaching, doing worse than the Bills.

The Bills can't possibly wait that long. There is competition for coaches. I would say Weds at the latest.

R-E-L-A-X

Panicking gave them Marrone last time. They are doing a thorough search and will hopefully find the right coach this time (which ultimately won't matter unless they find a QB).

R-E-L-A-X

Panicking gave them Marrone last time. They are doing a thorough search and will hopefully find the right coach this time (which ultimately won't matter unless they find a QB).

Some of these coaches will receive multiple offers, YOU SNOOZE YOU LOSE, its that simple. The decision on Marrone was not a mistake. He did well

Edited by HOUSE

R-E-L-A-X

Yessir! Go through your process and make the best decision. There is a fair amount of luck as well as skill in hiring a great coach, all you can do is follow the process. Allowing yourself to be intimidated into making a harsh decision could set us back along long way. Edited by moreproblemsthanOrton

R-E-L-A-X

Some of these coaches will receive multiple offers, YOU SNOOZE YOU LOSE, its that simple. The decision on Marrone was not a mistake. He did well

I want a coach who wants to be here, not one looking for the best offer.

I'm not worried about hiring quickly, I'm worried about hiring correctly.

Better not take very long. The offseason isn't very long and LOTS of work needs to be done before then.

The Bills were the first coaching hire with Marrone in 2013 because he was supposedly the other hot college coach beside Kelly. Oddly, no hot names this time around.

The hot names are Marrone and Rex.

I want a coach who wants to be here, not one looking for the best offer.

I'm not worried about hiring quickly, I'm worried about hiring correctly.

The Bills need to do both otherwise the best coaches can't afford to turn down other offers. The teams that snooze will end up hiring another guy that really doesn't want to be here but a job is a job. I do understand what you are saying though...........

Edited by HOUSE

New coach will be hired before the end of next week. Probably by this weekend.

so you expect them to complete 10 interviews and possibly follow up interviews then hire someone before the weekend?

i dont see how that happens...maybe if they were only looking at 4-5 but 10, no way