Here's wishing Marone is watching NFL on TV this year

Mr. T

Is there a precedent for this type of behavior from other coaches around the league? I can't recall a situation where a coach left on his own accord, then bad mouthed his former team, and then looks for a job. Saying anything to Polian on his way out the door, he had to know that it would leak to the media in a matter of days, so why say anything? Ego?

Somebody is going to hire him. Similar to a player who has issues, there is a buyer out there somewhere. But he'll be on a short leash due to all of this turmoil, which doesn't really suit his personality.

As TO once said, get your popcorn ready!

If the Jets pass on him I can see him sitting out the season and then ending up in a less significant college program.

I agree.

I don't even think there is a market for him as a positional coach in the NFL. Maybe Peyton hires him back as an OC who doesn't even call his own plays-- but beyond that, I think he could be done in the NFL for a while.

I was thinking the same thing. I hope the bastard never coaches in the NFL again. The owners are a tight group, so I hope they blackball him. Let him take his 4 million and never earn another dime in the NFL.

I'd give it better than a 50/50 shot he does NOT gets a job.

but the wild card out there, there's always the Raiders. Could see him going there to save face. Could do well as they do have alot of young talent. He'd become a God if that were to happen as did something no one else could do. Whomever the new coach is out there could be stepping in at the right time. The only thing you have to worry about is the goast of Al Davis somehow still making bad decisions.

Edited by Ed_Formerly_of_Roch

marrone is a joke now that i think about it. His "specialties" were supposed to be O-line and "offensive creativity"

we had the worst o-line with only a lucky pick of seantrel saving us from disaster. Wood and glenn regressed, urbik got benched due to morrones attitude.

Offensive was as bad as ever save some big plays from orton woods and watkins we would have been dead last this year. running game became a joke for 2 years ypc.

what was good at 1bd??? defense. Special teams. the things morrone had next to nothing to do w, including drafting the players there.

Maybe one of the networks will hire him. The smooth delivery, the upbeat personality and the glistening 9-7 ring would obviously work well in the booth.

Maybe one of the networks will hire him. The smooth delivery, the upbeat personality and the glistening 9-7 ring would obviously work well in the booth.

Obviously . . . .

I don't know how to link it from my phone but 247 Sports is reporting that the Jets "probably" have their man in Marrone, as well as GM that Casserly knows well from texans and redskins. Should be the first team to fill vacancies.

Well if he's not sitting at home watching Sunday NFL on TV, I guess the next best "bad" thing is having him standing on the Jets sideline watching Geno making Orton look like Rogers. Standing by to see if this actually happens.

Can you imagine what the Ralph will be like the first time this SOB returns for a game?? It makes me shiver!!