Jets' Ron Wolf & Charlie Casserly vs Bills' Bill Polian.

Tipster19

I knew that the Jets had Charlie Casserly as an consultant but what I didn't know until this article is that he's a big advocate of Marrone, dating back to his Syracuse days and that the Jets also have former GM/football guru/future HOFer Ron Wolf. http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/blogpost?blogname=new-yorkjets&id=48126&city=newyork&src=desktop&rand=ref~%7B%22ref%22%3A%22http%3A%2F%2Ft.co%2Fg32AHTuZbf%22%7D

I have seen and read the potential negative speculations of the Bills securing Bill Polian in some kind of capacity. I don't believe that he would use this opportunity to incorporate his son into the organization just for personal reasons and that he's "out of touch" in today's NFL and it's going ons. Instead we are VERY fortunate to have someone who not only truly loves the Buffalo Bills' franchise and has their best intentions in his heart,and there's not too many of them around, but also to be one of the greatest minds as a NFL administrator. Who better than to counter not one but two former GMs that are consultants that are right smack dab in the middle of our own division??! Don't fear Polian, embrace him! The influences and connections that Polian has is priceless. Polian has clout, he has clout with all levels of football people, all the way up to the Commissioner's office. God bless the Pegulas but they are new to all of this, they could sure use the knowledge, experience and insights of a man like Bill Polian. It's almost like Ralph is reaching from the grave one more time. I don't think anyone from anywhere could ever question the love and passion that Mr. Wilson had for this franchise and Bill Polian is a DIRECT bridge from that man. This is a fraternity, a fraternity long before most of us and it will be one long after us. It's about relationships from Ralph to Bill to the Pegulas to whoever from them. Not only am I fully confident that Polian will right the ship for the present but he will also help educate and insulate the Pegulas for the future and the generations that follow. At least that's the way that I see it.

I knew that the Jets had Charlie Casserly as an consultant but what I didn't know until this article is that he's a big advocate of Marrone, dating back to his Syracuse days and that the Jets also have former GM/football guru/future HOFer Ron Wolf. http://m.espn.go.com...co/g32AHTuZbf"}

I have seen and read the potential negative speculations of the Bills securing Bill Polian in some kind of capacity. I don't believe that he would use this opportunity to incorporate his son into the organization just for personal reasons and that he's "out of touch" in today's NFL and it's going ons. Instead we are VERY fortunate to have someone who not only truly loves the Buffalo Bills' franchise and has their best intentions in his heart,and there's not too many of them around, but also to be one of the greatest minds as a NFL administrator. Who better than to counter not one but two former GMs that are consultants that are right smack dab in the middle of our own division??! Don't fear Polian, embrace him! The influences and connections that Polian has is priceless. Polian has clout, he has clout with all levels of football people, all the way up to the Commissioner's office. God bless the Pegulas but they are new to all of this, they could sure use the knowledge, experience and insights of a man like Bill Polian. It's almost like Ralph is reaching from the grave one more time. I don't think anyone from anywhere could ever question the love and passion that Mr. Wilson had for this franchise and Bill Polian is a DIRECT bridge from that man. This is a fraternity, a fraternity long before most of us and it will be one long after us. It's about relationships from Ralph to Bill to the Pegulas to whoever from them. Not only am I fully confident that Polian will right the ship for the present but he will also help educate and insulate the Pegulas for the future and the generations that follow. At least that's the way that I see it.

Tripe. If Polian was/is brought in to identify up and coming executives to entrust to the Bills - I'm fine with it. He didn't get it done the first go around with a stacked team, why would you give the keys to the kingdom to someone on the decline? Finding the future in the hall of the pensioners home smacks of commitment to familiarity, not commitment to any long term success.

Here's what I worry about with Polian. A front office is a team, it's not just one guy. Polian coming may lead to Whaley quitting because his authority has been undermined. When Whaley leaves, he may take some of his people with him like (if memory serves) Butler did.

So while we might end up with a genius leading the organization, the organization could end up a chaotic, dysfunctional mess. Given that Bill is 72 years old, you have to wonder if he has the drive and energy to rebuild this thing. As you said, "It's about relationships..." Would Polian's relationship with OBD be good, bad, or indifferent? I suspect they'd rather not have him.

I'd love to have Bill's clout and wisdom put in service of the Bills in some way. I have a lot of respect for his NFL accomplishments, as do many others. But if his involvement causes fissures in the FO team, I'd pass.

Mike Wilbon wrote a nice piece for ESPN Chicago, imploring the Bears to do everything they can to add Polian to their front office... calls him the "best team builder in the NFL over the last 30 years" http://espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/story/_/id/12095833/if-chicago-bears-serious-winning-their-first-call-bill-polian

Edited by Buftex

Here's what I worry about with Polian. A front office is a team, it's not just one guy. Polian coming may lead to Whaley quitting because his authority has been undermined. When Whaley leaves, he may take some of his people with him like (if memory serves) Butler did.

So while we might end up with a genius leading the organization, the organization could end up a chaotic, dysfunctional mess. Given that Bill is 72 years old, you have to wonder if he has the drive and energy to rebuild this thing. As you said, "It's about relationships..." Would Polian's relationship with OBD be good, bad, or indifferent? I suspect they'd rather not have him.

I'd love to have Bill's clout and wisdom put in service of the Bills in some way. I have a lot of respect for his NFL accomplishments, as do many others. But if his involvement causes fissures in the FO team, I'd pass.

Jeez, if he leaves can he take the entire offensive side of the Bills scouts with him? They have sucked big time the last two years.

Colin Brown, Doug Legursky, Chris Williams, Cyrus Kouandjio, Mike Williams, Bryce Brown. Kyle Orton was about the only bright spot, and even then...

Jeez, if he leaves can he take the entire offensive side of the Bills scouts with him? They have sucked big time the last two years.

Colin Brown, Doug Legursky, Chris Williams, Cyrus Kouandjio, Mike Williams, Bryce Brown. Kyle Orton was about the only bright spot, and even then...

Preston Brown, Kiko Alonzo, Seantrel Henderson, Marcus Thigpen, Jerry Hughes, Corey Graham....what a disaster.

I have share some of these concerns. When Polian left the Colts/was fired there was a lot of negative smoke about his "iron-fisted management style". An iron-fisted management style in a 72 year old guy who's been in a softer/less demanding network position for several years doesn't sound like a good combo.

I'm looking forward to having Polian back. I hope we keep Whaley & our defensive coaching staff. I wouldn't mind bringing Chan back as Offensive coordinator.

I would love if they just made Schwartz HC with Chan as OC. It would keep the defense intact and we would be picking up a guy who actually knows how to run an offense.

Preston Brown, Kiko Alonzo, Seantrel Henderson, Marcus Thigpen, Jerry Hughes, Corey Graham....what a disaster.

Reading comprehension Promo? My comment was about someone worried that Whaley would take some people with him when he leaves. Not about what kind of job he did.

I clearly said can he take the offensive scouts with him is all.

If you want an opinion on the job Whaley did the last two years, while he did some brilliant things for the defense. Whaley stunk it up the last two years on the offensive side, and the O line was a disaster two years in a row...with rookie QB's.