Could they now keep Spiller?

YoloinOhio

Why keep a soft back, who never runs straight ahead, cannot hit a hole and is oft injured if he gets more than 5 carries a game...

there are many people who say regularly that he would be a star on any other team because they would use him right. You may not be one of them, but now we are one of those "other teams" because our offensive scheme is going to be completely different.

They still have the rights to him if they want him for another year. I don't see how they don't bring him back, they're going to need him. With so many other needs on offense and I don't see how they can keep Fred with his age and obvious regression

there are many people who say regularly that he would be a star on any other team because they would use him right. You may not be one of them, but now we are one of those "other teams" because our offensive scheme is going to be completely different.

well stated. I know people have mentioned it a million times on this board and there has been zero inkling of it being a possibility but man I would love it if they brought back gailey as oc.

They still have the rights to him if they want him for another year. I don't see how they don't bring him back, they're going to need him. With so many other needs on offense and I don't see how they can keep Fred with his age and obvious regression

He has a player option for 2.5 mil.

I would love to see what he can do with an OC who finds a way to get him involved and caters to his strengths. An OC that works with what we have instead of the Hackett and Marrone approach which got a few WRs open but our personnel couldn't execute the game plan.

Recall how Denver churned out 1000 yard RBs running outside zone ?

Seeing how Lynch has torn it up in the same scheme?

If we could tweek our line to be capable of stretching defenders out to create cut back lanes, and Spiller were coached up - like Lynch had to be - to make that one cut upfield.. his speed adds a real scary element it.

We need an OC who can rebuild our offense with the variety of skill pieces we have, and making Spiller disappear may have been Yogi and BooBoo's worst tricks

Edited by BackInDaDay

Spiller could very well bounce back next year with the right OC. Spiller/Brown could be a tandem a la McCoy/Sproles, but Spiller and Brown have both had issues with fumbles. I like Dixon as a power back for some situations (and especially his special teams work). We don't need a running back in the draft, if we re-sign Spiller. And even if we don't, I don't want to see us draft one until the later rounds. I believe in Brown and we have seen productive backs coming out of the later rounds these days.

Spiller could very well bounce back next year with the right OC. Spiller/Brown could be a tandem a la McCoy/Sproles, but Spiller and Brown have both had issues with fumbles. I like Dixon as a power back for some situations (and especially his special teams work). We don't need a running back in the draft, if we re-sign Spiller. And even if we don't, I don't want to see us draft one until the later rounds. I believe in Brown and we have seen productive backs coming out of the later rounds these days.

If we kept Spiller no point in keeping brown, IMO. I'd rather just go Spiller/Dixon/late rd draft pick.