New(to me) Chippewa Bar Rules. Hmmm...

OCinBuffalo

Most of you know this handle's thing by now. If you don't, it's quite simple:

1. Shame ignorance

But, this time? This time I bring you: humor.

Check this out:

IMG_20141231_033332650.jpg

:lol: The first rule is no hoodies, the second, no bandanas. Sorry, but I'm not into selfies, hence the flash.

Now, consider...beyond the fact that I am wasted...that these rules are currently posted outside a bar that used to be an abject shithole on Chippewa. Clearly this establishment has raised the bar, and its current decor/clients prove it.

Ballsy. Essentially...these guys are cutting themselves out of the market for every poseur suburb/college tool, and the fake thugs, as well as the real thugs, who routinely frequent the street.

Any of you who have spent real time here have to at least be chuckling at these rules being posted outside a Chippewa bar.

I have no opinion or judgement to offer, other than: "hmmm". I did see a dude with a long sleeve t-shirt in the bar. Of course I trolled him about the rules. The dumbass even went outside to look. Italians. :lol: EDIT:He never got the long t-shirt, not sleeve, thing.

The best part: I got a guest+1 to the Mighty Mighty Bosstones/The Interrupters, for hilarious reasons you don't get to hear(but they are "Bills will move to LA" related). Punk rock requires no explanation, and neither does early morning Chippewa. Libertarian punk rock is, by definition, evident...unless you are an unmitigated moron.

I had to wait to post this due to female reasons you also don't get to hear. However, regarding the "hmmm"? This area is now: different. I can't put my finger on it yet.

For now? Different. Example: I was curling. That's right, F'ing curling, today. Outside. First time ever. I got to push a stone down the ice, and do all that brushing schit, just like the Olympics. My stone ended up right in the bullseye, but was promptly knocked away.

It was surreal. I am considering retiring from curling, because how can I top that? I fell on my ass twice, but it was all glorious. See? Different.

Edited by OCinBuffalo

Ok i'll bite....which bar was this at? I used to hang at the old school Chippewa back in my day and yes times are a changing and its a different environment down there now; probably for the better but i feel bad for the younger kids who will miss out on the crazy, spring break atmosphere the good old Chip Strip used to offer

Well, since it allows backward worn hats, I'd say they are OK with some forms of sartorial douchebaggery. Wearing a baseball hat backwards is fine, if you are riding a bike, or walking into a stiff wind. But they can be turned around inside. Seems like frat-boys are welcome, but other sorts of punks aren't. Perhaps just a tad racist, too.

I will go you one further, unless you are at a sporting event or a synagogue, hats shouldn't be worn indoors

Well, since it allows backward worn hats, I'd say they are OK with some forms of sartorial douchebaggery. Wearing a baseball hat backwards is fine, if you are riding a bike, or walking into a stiff wind. But they can be turned around inside. Seems like frat-boys are welcome, but other sorts of punks aren't. Perhaps just a tad racist, too.

I will go you one further, unless you are at a sporting event or a synagogue, hats shouldn't be worn indoors

I guess you are right, but for the life of me I can't understand why. Women can wear hats--they used to be required in church. Men can't. Why? I mean other than some lame reason like "it's customary"? Is there any legit practical reason for this?

i think it was customary to remove your hat in the presence of women, and women, moreso than men, wore hats/headdresses as a standard part of their wardrobe, whereas men just wore them to cover their domes

I guess you are right, but for the life of me I can't understand why. Women can wear hats--they used to be required in church. Men can't. Why? I mean other than some lame reason like "it's customary"? Is there any legit practical reason for this?

i think it was customary to remove your hat in the presence of women, and women, moreso than men, wore hats/headdresses as a standard part of their wardrobe, whereas men just wore them to cover their domes

I understand, but WHY? I can accept following customs that have, or at least had, some practical validity/utility. But when they make absolutely no sense, and those who expect us to follow them can't even give a half-assed explanation as to WHY this custom exists, I can't help but want to rebel. I understand holding a chair for a woman. I understand standing when a woman arrives or leaves (but seriously, I think it's time to retire this one--especially for "every time" a woman gets up--still it has some basis for why it became a custom). But the hat thing I just don't get. I do see one, less than half-assed explanation by Emily Post:

Throughout history hats identified social standing and removing a hat was a gesture of respect.

http://www.emilypost.com/everyday-manners/common-courtesies/479-hats-off-the-who-what-when-where-of-the-hat

Another site has a slightly different take:

The gesture of removing ones hat, headdress or helmet dates back to ancient times -- however, the exact date of origin is not known. Knights removed helmets in the presence of a king as a display of vulnerability and trust that the king would not kill them. Knights also removed helmets in church as an expression of security in one's sanctuary.

http://www.ehow.com/info_10007542_did-practice-men-taking-hats-off-inside-start.html

But I think it's pretty clear, nobody today is certain of WHY we do it, just THAT we do it. ENOUGH! I say. You want to look like a mook and wear a baseball hat in a restaurant? Have at it. We managed to kick the wig nonsense. Let's make these hat rules next, or at least make them the same for men and women.

Most of you know this handle's thing by now. If you don't, it's quite simple:

1. Shame ignorance

Shame ignorance?? Was this supposed to be "Feign ignorance"?

I think we have a TBDism on our hands folks.

Edited by KD in CT

I hate wearing hats.

Just putting that out there.

I actually like wearing hats. But I get terrible hat-head. My hair just isn't hat friendly. So I usually refrain from them. But if I have one on, it ain't coming off in public.

I actually like wearing hats. But I get terrible hat-head. My hair just isn't hat friendly. So I usually refrain from them. But if I have one on, it ain't coming off in public.

My hair is the worst in terms of being hat friendly. Also in terms of bedhead!

So, yeah - once the hat is on, it's not coming off.

Plus my head gets real hot when I have a hat on. I cringe when I see hipsters and even some of my friends with a winter hat on indoors. I'd be jumping out of my skin.

At Bills games, I will not put a hat unless I'm freezing. I noticed at the Packers game that I was the only one without one of all my friends and everybody around us.

My hair is the worst in terms of being hat friendly. Also in terms of bedhead!

So, yeah - once the hat is on, it's not coming off.

Plus my head gets real hot when I have a hat on. I cringe when I see hipsters and even some of my friends with a winter hat on indoors. I'd be jumping out of my skin.

At Bills games, I will not put a hat unless I'm freezing. I noticed at the Packers game that I was the only one without one of all my friends and everybody around us.

I even cringe when I see them wearing those douchey hats outdoors. What's with those things? How did that become a "style"?