Will you be more or less into the draft this year without a 1st round

YoloinOhio

I usually really get into the draft hype because I follow college football so closely. I love the combine, mock drafts, smokescreens, arguments on TSW about who the Bills should take :)

I just saw a breakdown of projected draft order and team needs and didn't even open it. Most of those things only focus on the 1st rd. I wonder if our draft situation this year will stress me out more or less. Maybe I'll just be more excited about FA this year. At least the draft is in April again this year and we don't need to wait until May!

Also I've posted this in other random threads but this is a good breakdown of our draft picks as it stands now:

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/tag/2015-nfl-draft/

We should have 7-8 picks depending on what happens with Bryce/Stevie production qualifiers. Both have even inactive since week 15 likely because both teams trying to not meet the qualifiers.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bills could still be in the 1st round with a trade. For the most part the Bills have drafted well the last two years, if they can get some Guards that can play football the teams in business. Everyone hoping for a QB will be let down.

thats true, I didn't think of that. Whaley has not been shy to trade up or down. If he really wants a guy he might trade up.

Will definitely be less excited for the First round.

We usually have a draft party with some friends, we were just talking about whether or not we will still do it this year. I suspect we will, but it will be less interesting. I have a gut feeling that the Bills will again mortgage the future and trade a 2016 #1 pick to get back into the first this year for a QB.

I can't remember a time of being so disinterested in the draft. I know we should wait until next year for a QB but other than that, I could really care less.

Bye the way - I totally disagree with starting Orton against NE.

Edited by BuffaloFan68

Well at least the team will save some coin by not hosting the draft party at the Fieldhouse next year. My interest is still high but easily half of what it would have been. I'm on record as not liking the cost of drafting Sammy from the get-go and that price looks even steeper right now. Could be worse, at least Sammy's a quality player and not a bust, but he's just not worth 2 firsts.

Will definitely be less excited for the First round.

We usually have a draft party with some friends, we were just talking about whether or not we will still do it this year. I suspect we will, but it will be less interesting. I have a gut feeling that the Bills will again mortgage the future and trade a 2016 #1 pick to get back into the first this year for a QB.

Which QB after Mariota & Luck will someone trade into the 1st round for? Even with all of the QB needy teams I would be surprised if a 3rd QB was off the board before their 1st pick. Just because the Bills need a QB doesn't mean that there is 1 there. That's what they did with EJ.

On the topic I will still be interested. I love the draft and am a nerd for it. I find it to be one of the more interesting sporting events of the year. A few things that I will be interested to see are where the QBs end up, if the RBs jump back into the 1st (Gordon and/or Gurley), and any players traded for picks (I suspect that we will see more of this).

Which QB after Mariota & Luck will someone trade into the 1st round for? Even with all of the QB needy teams I would be surprised if a 3rd QB was off the board before their 1st pick. Just because the Bills need a QB doesn't mean that there is 1 there. That's what they did with EJ.

On the topic I will still be interested. I love the draft and am a nerd for it. I find it to be one of the more interesting sporting events of the year. A few things that I will be interested to see are where the QBs end up, if the RBs jump back into the 1st (Gordon and/or Gurley), and any players traded for picks (I suspect that we will see more of this).

My thinking is that one of the top 2 slides a little bit and the Bills try to trade up to the 17-22 range to get him. Not saying it will happen, but it would not surprise me.

My thinking is that one of the top 2 slides a little bit and the Bills try to trade up to the 17-22 range to get him. Not saying it will happen, but it would not surprise me.

With the QB needy teams at the top (Tampa, Titans, Jets, etc...) I would be shocked if either were still on the board after the top 5.

With the QB needy teams at the top (Tampa, Titans, Jets, etc...) I would be shocked if either were still on the board after the top 5.

Yup. If anything I could see a guy like Hundley, who's a lot like Manuel in that he has great tools but needs work, moving into the first.

Edited by Wayne Cubed

I would be shocked if either of the 2 QBs with the 1st round grades slides out of the top 5. Even a poor bowl/playoff performance probably would not affect them at this point due to the huge need for QBs from the teams at the top of the draft. I think Winston, who is currently 6 on Kiper's big board, will only move up as I am sure his people will put on the pre-draft full court press with PR similar to how Johnny did. Edited by YoloinOhio

Oh, and I will still watch because I think there is going to be a lot of trades and moving. Cleveland could make some crazy moves and !@#$ up another draft. Which would be awesome.

RB with our first pick please- and then all oline

no way jose.

the way RB's are found now-a-days and the good crop of FA's I'd be just as quick to sign a vested FA or young pup cheap then I would waste an early draft pick.

Edited by jboyst62