Crazy Fred Jackson Statistic

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there's this thing called a wheel route, where the running back circles wide around the end and is wide open. maybe next year. of course, that takes more than 1 second to develop, which means Orton has already either hit the ground or thrown the ball away.

Or picked a different receiver to throw it to before the snap.

there's this thing called a wheel route, where the running back circles wide around the end and is wide open. maybe next year. of course, that takes more than 1 second to develop, which means Orton has already either hit the ground or thrown the ball away.

Funny you say that, because that was the big gainer by Bryce Brown 2 weeks ago.

According to this site Fred Jackson has 596 YAC and 497 Receiving yards. which is actually what I was expecting.

receiving yards takin into consideration tackle for a loss. Pure YAC recording does not.

http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/yards-after-the-catch/2014/

I.e. you can catch the Balls 4 yards behind the LOS run for two and that +2 YAC but -2 Receiving yards.

Edited by Why So Serious?

Spiller didn't get to me as much, as his sample size is so much smaller, but that really does speak to how our backs are used in this offense.

Most backs are like that- catches come at or behind the LOS

Bryce Brown was split wide left and ran a go route if it's the big play vs. Green Bay we're talking about.

GO BILLS!!!

Which we've, oddly enough, run with him a few times. Was surprised to see it, yet alone more than once

... Which we've, oddly enough, run with him a few times. Was surprised to see it, yet alone more than once

Too bad Orton threw a pop fly on that one. 26CornerBlitz put it best when he said Brown could have called for a fair catch on that pass.

GO BILLS!!!

I honestly believe Fred Jackson is worthy of the NFL HOF. The guy has done everything possible at the position for a very long time and has been proving everyone wrong all along. If he can get a Super Bowl ring it will help, but the guy has been the best RB in the league for the last 7 years.

That would have been a TD if Brown had just followed his blocks instead of turning back to the middle of the field.

Yep. In spite of the fly ball pass from Orton. I don't think Brown is the most instinctive of RBs, I'll just leave it at that.

GO BILLS!!!

Yep. In spite of the fly ball pass from Orton. I don't think Brown is the most instinctive of RBs, I'll just leave it at that.

GO BILLS!!!

me neither. Color me unimpressed. He's JAG. Backup quality. I would like a more instinctive, explosive power RB drafted/signed this year in place of Spiller.

Fred stays too. His role is Boss.

Edited by YoloinOhio

me neither. Color me unimpressed. He's JAG. Backup quality. I would like a more instinctive, explosive power RB drafted/signed this year in place of Spiller.

Fred stays too. His role is Boss.

Brown is a good 10 carry guy to me. A change of pace.

But he's really young. Who knows what he could become if he works on his game.

I honestly believe Fred Jackson is worthy of the NFL HOF. The guy has done everything possible at the position for a very long time and has been proving everyone wrong all along. If he can get a Super Bowl ring it will help, but the guy has been the best RB in the league for the last 7 years.

If he wouldn't have wasted 3 or 4 years playing in NFL Europe and then as a backup on the Bills, he likely would have over 10,000 yards rushing and would be approaching Thurman-like numbers...I too have wondered just what type of career stats he would have put up if he was utilized more and not always basically an after thought as the Bills tried to draft 3 RB's in the 1st round to replace him...