Player you missed on in latest draft

truth on hold

No disrespect to Beckham but I don't see him doing anything that Watkins isn't and its just year one

I don't judge rooks like that. Give it time. Especially because so many look so good.

The only three or four times were there guys I had a woody for: big Ben, Aaron Hernandez, Carlos Hyde and poz.

I feel the same way about heuerman as I did Hernandez. We need heuerman

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, for the love of...look, no disrespect to Watkins, but he couldn't sniff Beckham's jock. Sorry apologists, get over it. Beckham's astronomical numbers, in a partial season, for a bad team without a great passing game, are indisputable. Sammy is not, as it stands today, even close to being an elite NFL receiver, while Beckham is All-Pro caliber. WTF...I appreciate being a fan and all, but get real.

What a crock of crap this is. Everyone, every single pundit, fan, personality, blogger, reporter, mock draft, everyone had Watkins ahead of Beckham as far as prospects go. To say "it is clear he was a better prospect coming out of college" is an absolutely ridiculous thing to say. I guess I really wouldn't expect anything less from you though. The only receiver that anyone even hinted at being thought of as higher than Watkins was Evans.

See I don't buy this as an excuse for draft miscues. If you're draft board is simply derived from pundit consensus, then get rid of the GM and all the scouts.

Oh, for the love of...look, no disrespect to Watkins, but he couldn't sniff Beckham's jock. Sorry apologists, get over it. Beckham's astronomical numbers, in a partial season, for a bad team without a great passing game, are indisputable. Sammy is not, as it stands today, even close to being an elite NFL receiver, while Beckham is All-Pro caliber. WTF...I appreciate being a fan and all, but get real.

If all you look at is numbers without any context, then of course you can come to that conclusion. What you're doing is just lazy analysis.

What a crock of crap this is. Everyone, every single pundit, fan, personality, blogger, reporter, mock draft, everyone had Watkins ahead of Beckham as far as prospects go. To say "it is clear he was a better prospect coming out of college" is an absolutely ridiculous thing to say. I guess I really wouldn't expect anything less from you though. The only receiver that anyone even hinted at being thought of as higher than Watkins was Evans.

The Eagles didn't have Sammy #1

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/12/24/chip-kelly-thought-odell-beckham-jr-was-best-wr-in-draft/

If all you look at is numbers without any context, then of course you can come to that conclusion. What you're doing is just lazy analysis.

If you look at it with context, Beckum still dominates.

misses:

better than i expected: odell beckham

worse than i expected: calvin pryor

hits:

as good as i thought he'd be: aaron donald

as bad as i thought he'd be: eric ebron

No disrespect to Beckham but I don't see him doing anything that Watkins isn't and its just year one

I don't judge rooks like that. Give it time. Especially because so many look so good.

The only three or four times were there guys I had a woody for: big Ben, Aaron Hernandez, Carlos Hyde and poz.

I feel the same way about heuerman as I did Hernandez. We need heuerman

on a per game basis (he missed 4 games) OBJ is posting one of the most remarkable rookie seasons the league has ever seen.

Edited by johnwalter

misses:

better than i expected: odell beckham

worse than i expected: calvin pryor

hits:

as good as i thought he'd be: aaron donald

as bad as i thought he'd be: eric ebron

on a per game basis (he missed 4 games) OBD is posting one of the most remarkable rookie seasons the league has ever seen.

Look at his qb. And look at his team. Always playing catch up. If we had no D we would be doing the same.

The logic that Sammy is just as good as Beckham because Beckham's historic rookie season is somehow just "lucky" because he has Eli Manning, or "lucky" since the Giants are a bad team playing from behind, is absolute nonsense. By the same logic, Barry Sanders was just "lucky" to play for the Lions because they had a bad team and bad passing game so he was fed carries to run for all those yards. Oh, and Reggie White was just "lucky" because in Green Bay they were leading most games so he got a lot of sacks, and "lucky" before that in Philadelphia because the other great linemen opened up space for him to maneuver.

In fact, every great player in the NFL is just a product of freak luck. All players are roughly the same, just some are more "lucky" than others. Those who don't achieve greatness...well, they weren't any less great, just "unlucky".

:doh::rolleyes:

I agree that he has been far better than Watkins. Watkins has been excellent but he seems behind the curve on some of the finer points of playing the position versus Beckham and Beckham has been more explosive(he's just simply faster).

That said, Terry Glenn was far and away the best rookie WR in 1996.

The guy was unbelievable as a rookie playing with a big time passer in Bledsoe.

TO, Marvin Harrison and Moulds from the same class all far surpassed his long term impact.

I see a potential parallel there in that OBJr was nagged by a hamstring injury that kept him off the field for months thru OTA's, camp and 4 weeks of the season. Glenn had chronic hamstring issues that shortened his career/impact.

Sammy's has been nagged by injuries but he's been available and played thru them. He's also built for punishment. Time will tell but the book is far from closed on which of these guys will be better.

Edited by BADOLBEELZ

I was not a fan of Kelvin Benjamin at all. I thought his only redeaming quality was just being big but he's been able to exceed expectations.

It's still pretty much his only redeeming quality. He's a very unpolished reciever. He benefits from being the only WR worth a damn on that team. Still. if he develops his route running and some of his bad habits, he'll be a great WR.