Orton to start vs Pats*

TheFunPolice

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Marrone is a liar. Since he's been the coach, our closest game against NE was EJ's only start against them. Manuel threw 2 tds and left the field with the lead.

Orton has been a joke for almost 2 months. Even in his "great" comebacks, he was terrible 80% of the time.

Marrone doesn't care about his team long term & he's too prideful to admit Orton kinda sucks. The sooner we get rid of him and Hackett, the sooner we can look forward to the playoffs. We win in spite of his coaching.

Marrone is a liar. Since he's been the coach, our closest game against NE was EJ's only start against them. Manuel threw 2 tds and left the field with the lead.

Orton has been a joke for almost 2 months. Even in his "great" comebacks, he was terrible 80% of the time.

Marrone doesn't care about his team long term & he's too prideful to admit Orton kinda sucks. The sooner we get rid of him and Hackett, the sooner we can look forward to the playoffs. We win in spite of his coaching.

Think about it from a business decision. EJ is a question mark. No need to cast a shadow on the next season if he comes out and sucks. It might not be his fault, but it would look bad on him. It's smart to keep him off the field.

Agreed. In Orton's two "great comebacks," it was his play that directly put the team in the position to have to have "great comebacks" to win. And in one of those games (Detroit), had the opposition had a kicker who could actually make field goals - there would have been no comeback at all...

Think about it from a business decision. EJ is a question mark. No need to cast a shadow on the next season if he comes out and sucks. It might not be his fault, but it would look bad on him. It's smart to keep him off the field.

Orton has sucked for 2 months. We struggled to score tds with him.

If I'm a betting man, Whaley isn't thrilled with this move.

He has too much pride to put EJ in.

I also wonder if they think that by benching Orton, he will choose to opt out of his contract after the season

CBF

Could be the case but if he had THAT much pride why would he ever bench the young QB he had a strong hand in drafting?

Maybe the simpler answer is true: ej sucks that much.

I was talking with my son today , and I am a Marone supporter but if he did not play EJ I felt he should be let go, because he is not trying to find answers and dealing with what is know, He would be risking the questioning of his choices if EJ played well. To me it is an indication that he is not willing to take appropriate risks to be successful in the NFL.

I felt Orton had enough time to complete some very simple throws but threw behind his receivers, this and Orton's slide for a two yard sack on 3rd down when a dive may have gotten him a first down has showed me who he is more concerned with his health and just collecting a paycheck not one ounce of competitiveness in him.

EJ will never get better if he does not have a chance to play and Orton is never going to be better than the lower 25% of quarterbacks.

Why would they throw EJM to the wolves against the Pats? He hasn't even played in 12 weeks or so. That is putting him in a place where he isn't likely to succeed, and there is nothing to be gained.

Tell me the positives, aside from satisfying some fan's curiosity?

Edited by HoF Watkins

Why would they throw EJM to the wolves against the Pats? He hasn't even played in 12 weeks or so. That is putting him in a place where he isn't likely to succeed, and there is nothing to be gained.

Tell me the positives, aside from satisfying some fan's curiosity?

Absolutely right. Besides, you have pre-season to re-evaluate him. Reading this board....some of these guys are either stand-up comics, or they just haven't been watching football for very long. And cherish the soap-opera part of it all.

True. But 8-8 with EJ was no sure thing.

He was 2-2. Last year, he was 4-6, one was the Cleveland game, & twice he left the field with the lead (ATL & NE).

The new flavor of the month here, Carr has been awful at times and has been allowed to play through it.

I don't know what Orton has been doing that EJ can't. We win despite Orton and the offense.

Not playing EJ is a smart move from a management CYA view. First, if he was to play and sucked. then Whaley and Maroon would be sealing their fate in regards to the hype that he has improved by sitting,watching, learning on the bench. maybe he has but now they get until september before his second unveiling.

it buys everyone time including EJ himself. It also somewhat protects Brandons season ticket base. A lot of PO'D fans will not be happy without a game 16 blowout fresh on thier minds when they decide to re up. Hopefully they will bring in Some legit competition for the starting job. I really doubt they would trade him and they sure aren't cutting him. he makes peanuts in his rookie deal.EJ will be on the roster come next season.

Imagine the blow back for 9 months if he played in a 42-3 thumping. And he sucked? These guys are all playing for their jobs. having Orton start has way more implications than Maroons " he gives us the best chance of winning" cliche. If they lose because of Orton they got their scapegoat they need.

With the Broncos loss there is no playoff implications for either team. The pats* have homefield wrapped up. And knowing the hoody* he will pile it on until the final gun.

It would also be undermining Orton's status on the team, and he would probably be pretty pissed off too. I don't want Orton, but there is a chance that he will still be the best QB on the roster next season.

Let EJM beat Orton out in training camp, he needs to take it from Orton to gain authority with his teammates. A bad performance (which is way more likely than a good one, under the circumstances) will do more harm, than a good performance will benefit anyone.

Changing quarterbacks for the last game implies instability, and the players are left with a lost sense of direction from the staff.

Not what is needed when there have been some good things to build on for next season.

Edited by HoF Watkins